Pima Community College Employee Reviews

Fun place to begin
Pima Community College student services work-study (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2017
This job was perfect as my first job. It has many learning experiences and has many different ways to prepare you for future jobs and careers. It is a fun environment to be around of.
This is a great place to work
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  District OfficeJune 9, 2017
I love working in the Human Resources department. The culture is so polite and civil and the people are wonderful. My position is temporary and I need additional funds, so am looking for a part time job to fill in.
Fun and Productive Environment
Student Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2017
Enjoyed the workplace and culture, gained knowledge and experience in Postsecondary Education. Loved the people and the customer friendly environment.
Toxic place to work-everyone was scared of being fired or release from the college for little or no reason.
Interim Vice President Student Development (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 25, 2017
Difficult place to work because of the toxic environment created by the senior administrators.
College was placed on probation with their national certification board for numerous violations and personal issues.
Pima Community College
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 18, 2017
The job description and the work I actually did was not what was expected. They offer great benefits as well as provide professional development opportunities. Management did not always see what was happening within the workplace.
Pros
Professional Development Opportunities/Good Benefits/Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Abrasive behavior goes unchecked; Management does not always see what is going on
Fun and useful experience
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2017
This was a very fun place to work, and was a great place to work as a student. The position was useful in helping me understand concepts learned in class. The culture was very laid back. The hardest part of the job was understanding lab manuals, they sometimes didn't make sense. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great relationships built with coworkers.
Pros
Very educational
Cons
Few hours offered
great place to work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2017
I worked with the students directly. My job was to help them register for classes and financial aid. I helped answer phones and filed paperwork. I helped make copies also.
Fun enjoyable work place
Computer Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85709April 18, 2017
It was a great place to work where I learned a lot of computer knowledge. It was the easiest job I have ever done. I would love to work there again someday.
Not bad. not great
Advertising Editor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 17, 2017
The adverting department was in desperate need of fresh blood when I was hired. I was also the acting Editor on the paper so balancing both jobs was tricky. But the pay was great and the people were too.
Pima Community College values its students and community
Educational Support Faculty Librarian (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 12, 2017
Pima Community College is a two-year college serving the greater Tucson metropolitan area at six locations throughout Pima County. Founded in 1966, Pima's credit courses award certificates and associate's degrees in a variety of fields. PCC also provides workforce development, career training programs, continuing education, and adult education.

Pima is committed to providing convenient, affordable, and accessible high quality education with the power to transform the lives of our students, and improve our community.
Great Place
IT Services, Tech Corner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 10, 2017
If you are working on your degree or cert this is a great place to work! Very flexible!

There are benefits if you are a part time or full time employee.
Nice atmosphere
Support Technician in Disabled Student Resources (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2017
It's a good department to work for. It was quiet, and served a lot of customers, and very professional as well, which is the way it should be at any employment.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
little benefits
Productive and fast pace environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  1255 N. StoneFebruary 24, 2017
I would greet customers and scan ID to check in and out books, answer multi-line phone, transfer calls to head Librarians. I kept inventory shelved and counted using Percon Device. Spent time on security watch to make sure students using computers for right reasons. Doing the percon device required more time, but I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
Learned allot
Cons
Not being able to find a missing book.
Helps you build your people skills
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 3, 2017
This job is a very personal job. Usually help college students succeed in their classes. The other tutors are friendly and the boss is understanding . They work with your schedule if you are still in school.
productive and fun place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  downtown campusJanuary 30, 2017
productive and fun place to work, the management is helpful, the workplace culture is diverse and respectful, the most enjoyable part of the job is the vacation.
Ok place to work
Laboratory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pima, AZJanuary 23, 2017
Management and supervisors are under qualified, moving up the ladder is hard unless you are in the "In" crowd. Hours continue to change and their are talks about reducing our summer hours.
good job
Patient Care Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2016
Excellent place to work, I don't work there but people looks very happy, with a lot of activities, this is a very good place to work
Pros
free computers
Cons
short staff
Productive and Great enviroment
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 6, 2016
I worked at the computer lab and my duties where to assist student with any questions concerning the software internet emails basic help. I learned how to maintain the computers software and keeping it organized for students. my co workers where excellent we would help each other with any concerns.
honestly I really enjoyed working there no complains.
being able to attend classes and work.
summary
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  dental hygiene clinicJuly 5, 2016
A typical day at Pima was Monday - Thursday. Monday and Thursday we had clinic from 7:30 am to 11:00am, class at 1:30-4:00 pm then clinic again from 5:30pm to 9:30 pm. Tuesday was internship day from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Wednesday we started at 1:00 pm with class until 4:00 pm and again clinic from 5:30 pm until 8:30 pm. I learned how to manage my time with patients, how to develop a treatment plan and review treatment with patients, place anesthesia if needed, place arrestin, perio chip and reviewed a laser treatment. We also learned how to hand scale patients without the use of the cavitron. The hardest part of clinic was managing the flow of patients in order to complete the number of patients needed in each semester. The most enjoyable part of my Pima was learning new things each day and feeling accomplished after finishing a patients treatment and receiving good feedback from the RDH staff, Doctor or patient.
Pros
Got a lot of hands on experience
Cons
long hours in a day
goood ob enviroment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed work this job, even though it is a seasonal job I really enjoyed

I cant wait next season start so I can work again there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2