Pima Medical Institute

Pima Medical Institute United States Employee Reviews

College Education
Fieldwork (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: hours of classtime to balance working while attending college
Cons: personnel not completing critical paperwork from the beginning, delaying my completion of the program by one full year
There was a lot of confusion and disorganization in critical pieces of the educational process relating to documentation required to continue in the completion of fieldwork. There were several staffing changes and excuses, but I fought for what was right and what I had earned. I found my own fieldwork placements through volunteering at the facilities while waiting for the school to place me and other students, which did not happen during the times that we were promised when we were admitted into the program.
A good temporary job for great benefits
Admissions Support Assistant (ASC) (Current Employee), Mesa, AZFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: daily work tasks are difficult to meet, management is unprofessional and there is no room for advancement
A typical work day is answering inbound and outbound calls while selling the caller an appointment to schedule a campus tour to meet with a school advisor. Along with answering calls, you must be able to multi-task with scheduling appointments and data entry.
The most difficult part of the job was a tie between trying to maintain the daily department goals of 150 calls a day and 5 hours of talk time and dealing with the highly stressful callers who were either very difficult to understand or very demanding of trying to just get the information they were looking for and not wanting to schedule an appointment. I also felt that management was very inconsistent, unorganized and unprofessional. It took me 5 months for my manager to complete and have my annual review. There is also no room for advancement which also makes it very difficult to want to stay for too long.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits. The pay is good, they offer medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and gym reimbursement. They also are great about recognizing their employees for hard work. They give away a cruise package each year to their top employees as well.
I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for something temporary and is need of good benefits.
Your typical military working environment
Full- Time Student (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 17, 2015
I enjoyed all of my time I served with the United States Navy. I learned more about myself and my ablilities than with any other job. I had to push myself above and beyond what I ever thought possible. The hardest part of this job was being away from my family. I most enjoyed getting to see the world from the deck of an aircraft carrier. no other view like it.
Great workplace.
Dental Assistant/ Externship site (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: more time to train me
Cons: seeing patients only two days a week.
What i learned at this office was how to set up trays, how to sterilize and keep the work area clean. I also learned how to do a composite filling that would be my best asset. My co-workers were great everyone was very professional. The arrest part of the job would have to be seeing patients only two days a week. I felt that two days a week wasn't teaching me very much.The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be helping patients with their dental issues and seeing smiles on their faces knowing that I helped them.
It was a fun job. I learned alot.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
Very dynamic workplace where tasks vary day to day
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: mileage reimbursement, pay for licence
Place students for fieldwork experiences that match PMI’s Occupational Therapy Assistant Program philosophy and overall learning objectives. Maintain positive relationships with Fieldwork Educators throughout the community (Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, DORs, and Human Resource Staff). Establish new partnerships for fieldwork sites and facilitate successful completion of Level 1 and 2 fieldworks required of the student for fulfilling graduation requirements. Instruct OTA students in courses relevant to the curriculum.
Veterinary Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 23, 2014
Pima Medical Institute is a good place to work if you are a teacher who thinks it is okay to give answers to your students and not expect them to think. Unfortunately, some of the career opportunities that they offer training for really require you to think on your feet, so it is necessary to teach your students to think. Although my direct supervisor didn't agree with that, I think overall, the school agreed with me. I believe I simply had a bad experience.

The pay is really horrible, though. Don't believe that the hourly wage is actually what you will be making plus your per student out of classroom extras....it isn't even close to what they told me it would be.
Great School
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2014
A Great School, they teach you everything you need to know for the workforce. Great staff they are all friendly and willing to help and the facility has everything you need.
Excellent place to work
Online adjunct instructor for the following (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 2, 2014
Excellent place to work. I truly enjoy this job and the students lives that we touch, providing them with the necessary tools to become better healthcare professionals.
Awesome School
Full-time student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2014
I love this school and its instructor and the school environment they encourage their student through out schooling and afterwards and very helpful.
Great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Renton, WashingtonAugust 26, 2014
Great school to attend. Teaches you at a great pace and very helpful instructors.
Learning new skills
Student (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 30, 2014
Pros: i graduated with 3.6 for certificate program.
Cons: employers looking for experience workers.
I come prepared to school everyday. My homework done, ready for the instructors lecture and some lab work as well.
I've learned medical terminologies, medical/surgical asepsis, vital signs, injections, medical lab procedures, anatomy, physiology and many others relating to medical assistant.
The hardest part of course is memorizing all the medical, pharmacology terminologies and staying late at night and be ready for next day exam.
I enjoyed interacting with my classmates and supportive instructors. We also learned how to sew our scrubs at the end of the program.
I got stars for perfect attendance.
GReat Place
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 30, 2014
Helping Medical/Dental Students with resume writing, Interview skills,
Communication Abilities, networking workshops, National certification applications, National testing study groups, State Certification, Working with Clinics and hospitals all over the state setting up externships and jobs, Visiting the sites. Opening new sites emailing, and phoning constant managers, data entry for 400 students in a year. Termination boards, Accrediting numbers for job placement, Externship exits, Externship attendance, working with different departments for students, helping students and coworkers with whatever they needed.
Work Study at Pima
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 23, 2014
The job was very simple and gave you plenty of room to study for your classes. The co- workers are kind and intellectual individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students get ready for graduation.
Great job very fulfilling
Pharmacy Technician / Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Renton, WAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fulfilling and satisfying work helping people
Cons: vary low pay for the amount of work, required to work off the clock
Aid students in developing there careers
Well liked by both students and coworkers
Learned how to deal with the ever in flux emotional states of students
Developed curriculum implemented lesson plans and projects to aid in career development for students
Difficult seeing the occasional student fail despite my best efforts to help them overcome their difficulties.
The pride i feel when i see how far my students came from when they started class to when they finish and have successful jobs
Great School!
MD Internal Medicine (Former Employee), Medical AssistantJune 25, 2014
Pima was a great school to do my MA program. The staff was very friendly. Clinicals of course was my favorite part!
The best school in Las Vegas for medical training.
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2014
Pros: student- friendly culture
Cons: not enough hands-on work in some areas
Excellent School to attend for starting a new career in the medical field. Great teachers and faculty.
Enjoyable
Volunteer (Current Employee), Renton, WAJune 20, 2014
Co-workers are great to talk too. Everyday is a learning experience and I would not change a thing.
highly recommendable
Phlebotomy Intern (Current Employee), Gilbert, AZJune 15, 2014
Great company to start off with. They had great management and employees.
Fun
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson,AZApril 21, 2014
No Cons, all Pros!! Loved working here!Great Owner!! Open door, wonderful students

1 2 3

About Pima Medical Institute

Pima Medical Institute is a private, family-owned, accredited school dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded education, – Read more

Pima Medical Institute Photos