Pima Medical Institute Employee Reviews

Growing new campus that opened in 2015
Veterinary Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2017
New facility that has undergone some growing pains. Good enrollment, some demographic conflicts with certain programs. Nice building with friendly staff. Management is still working through some rocky roads.
Somewhat good place to work
Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 28, 2017
The job itself was one of the best jobs I ever had. The staff and how the establishment was run was poor. I felt that their was favoritism and people not always following the rules that where put in place.
Work Study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2017
I loved working here as a work study. I never had an issue with anyne on the staff. They always treated me kind and fairly. The work was easy and simple.
good
Associate Faculty Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2017
Great to work with the new nursing students and help grow the next generation of registered nurses. Good orientation and compensation. Flexible hours.
pleasant place to work
Medical Administrative Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2017
I worked part-time for a short while, learned more about diverse adult student learner population. The hardest part of the job was determining the viability of certain student's success possibilities. The most enjoyable part of the job, was when students had the "Ah Ha moment." - When they actually got the content!
In-Study hire
Work Study - Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed being able to still work and provide while going to school. It took 8 years to come back into a classroom setting for me, so having been able to work was very helpful, financially. My first setting in being an "admin" and I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
I was able to work part time and still attend class right afterwards
Cons
n/a
Workplace culture
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Fun, and exciting place to work. Overall experience working for Pima was great. The staff is very friendly and want to see the students succeed without any hidden agendas.
Good Culture and work enviornment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2017
Pima Medical Institute is a great place to work. It has the feel of a family owned company and it works to show that to the students. The hard thing is that sometimes the upper management acts like it doesn't have time for you. If there is an issue or request that you have, it may take a long time for it to be fulfilled.
Pros
great work environment, paid holidays and PTO
Cons
Some bad management.
There could be refresher courses.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed my learning experience at Pima for both my Medical Assistant Front and Back certificate and when I went for Dental Assistant. Once graduation time came, it felt like they were just done. Administration pushes the open door policy, even after graduation. When I went for help, I was given a binder with job listing and sent on my way. There was no help. It
Friendly and Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 30, 2017
A busy school and a lot of students. Customer service is key and communication. We strive to help each student to succeed and graduate. The work placement works very hard to help the graduates to find jobs as well.
Pros
Medical, Corporate
Amazing place to work, great organization cares for its students
faculty and staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
Wonderful family like environment. Cares for its students and staff. Great place to work. The environment for education is well suited for everyone! Top notch! Great management team!
School
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 18, 2017
I learned almopst everything I know here at this school, and made life long friends. I had amazing instructors who were very understanding and willing to help.
very nice college
Assistant Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2017
the fellow instructors there are amazing with the students and the other faculty and they have lab assistants that help the main instructor so the true focus can be the student
Basically a nice place to work. I respect the Pima mission.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 7, 2017
Pima is a nice place to work although given my academic background Pima isn't appropriate for me. As there is no discernible opportunity for advancement in the near future I feel it best to seek a teaching position that falls more in line with my academic background.
Pros
Friendly people, for the most part.
Cons
Not appropriate for my academic background and teaching skills.
Director of Veterinary Program difficult to get along with
Instructor for Veterinary Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 4, 2017
Prgram director wants things done only her way and seems to target indiviuals that do not meet her criteria.

I loved working there until the last 9 months when there was a definite change in attitude about the rest of the programs
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Program director who is biased
Most enjoyable part of school
Student/Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 2, 2017
Attending PIMA was one of the best decisions I've made for myself and family. From the first day of inquiring about the program I was interested in to assigning my externship site, every step has been a positive one. My teachers were all very positive, motivating, and knowledgeable in their field. When I needed help they were always willing to help how they could.
Pros
Teachers knowledable in their field, flexibilty with classes
Cons
I had none
Thumbs up for a work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2017
I loved working in the department I was put in. My supervisor was amazing and always gave me life help if I needed it. She ALWAYS encouraged me to do better because she knew I could.
Pros
You are given a chance to do more than you are initially given.
Cons
Not all the time you can do more than you are given.
Full-time Student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Good place to go to school. Great clinical sites. Convenient location. It is expensive. I was well prepared to take my national board exams. It definitely needs more parking.
For-profit education is not worthy of teachers who actually care about what they do
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 14, 2017
This company cares most about keeping the classroom seats filled and cares zero about the instructors who actually teach the students what they need to get hired in the job market. Only the admissions and placement people ever get praised, recognized, or paid what they deserve. It is the instructors who have to put up with the daily battle of tracking poor attendance, refusal to follow campus rules, and complete lack of personal responsibility from the students. The instructors are the ones who teach the students everything they need to succeed (and success rates are great) yet have to watch as admissions and placement reap the rewards of it. I used to love teaching until I started teaching at a for-profit institution. Instructors are fully expected to give 200% all the time, yet are given no support from the powers that be. Students are encouraged to write whatever petty grievances they may have about an instructor and the instructor is required to accommodate; however, when instructors voice their own concerns they are ignored or brushed under the rug so nothing ever improves.
Pros
Dept. managers are great (but don't get support they need from the campus)
Cons
WAY underpaid!
Pima is a great place to work. The people are great, the curriculum is excellent. Students are prepared when they go out on externship.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Lab) part time (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 10, 2017
As an instructor, my students are treated with respect and they understand what is expected of them. A typical day at work begins with students signing in the attendance book, then immediately they begin their three sets of vitals, after vitals lesson begin.

Lab skills are critical and each student must demonstrate that they are proficient. Students spend a lot of time in lab learning the skills needed to b successful. Lecture is also important, it helps if you understand be know why you do what you do, and how it all works together.

Management are great they work very hard to make sure that instructors, and students have all the tools, resources needed to be successful. Their doors are always open, and they are very welcome of ideas.

The hardest part of this job is to see students who work so hard and fail the AMT exam by one or two points. I also think it's very hard to see students who get so close and life takes a whole and they have to take a leave of absence, it breaks my heart to see this, cause I fear most want return.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my students gain the confidence that they can do it. I love when my students come back and share with other students the joy of working in the field. Finally, I love to see students pass the AMT, finish externship and get offered a job as a certified medical assistant.

I absolutely love teaching, it allows me to share the knowledge I have with others, and it gives me the chance to make a different in the lives of all who come through my class.

Happiness is being a medical assistant instructor.
Pros
Seeing students Get that job!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pima Medical Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Pima Medical Institute Reviews by Location