Pine Belt Mental Healthcare Resources Employee Reviews

Daily day at work
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 8, 2018
supervising clients and staff. Overseeing the operations of the day programs while dealing with behaviors / crises with clients at the center or home.
Pros
helping others
Cons
stress at times multi tasking but very rewarding
Educational and Community Oriented
Program Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 15, 2017
A fast paced environment working with ambitious and creative individuals with a passion for serving the mental healthcare needs of the community. Numerous opportunities for learning and professional development.
Pros
Working with clients, team environment, and supportive management
constant pressure
Active Treatment Technician - Crisis Intervention (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 16, 2017
Rather not say. It depends you you are working with and the supervisors that you deal with. Didn't have a good experience with the authority. Got along with most of the co-workers. Back stabbers wherever you go.
Pros
Benefita
Cons
Rather not say
PBMH is a very diverse and resourceful place of business.
Clinical Secretary/ Medical records custodian (Former Employee) –  Prentiss, MSOctober 9, 2017
Pine Belt Mental Health is an Out patient mental health facility that provided mental health treatment and counseling to children, as well as adults that are suffering from various types of mental illness. Pine Belt is a great place to work because it provides this service and it also is resourceful.
Nice place to work
Receptionist/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day was typing correspondence and memos, transcribing physician's progress notes, upkeep of medical records, answering telephone, and making appointments
Clinician
Internship Achieve Our Potential (AOP) (Former Employee) –  MSSeptember 1, 2017
Working in Pine Belt is a good place to be. If you have the right connections and individuals willing to help, you can learn a lot and increase resources and assets. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the Youth, meeting the families, and going the extra mile for their treatment goals. The hardest part is the balance and logistics of production and how long you can and cannot work with the clients although production is all they push at you.
Pros
Eto, grant flexibility
Cons
Pressure to meet production
Insurance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401September 1, 2017
Pleasant place to work. A very laid back atmosphere. I have learned a lot about mental health billing, among most of the employees its a family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
free food at times
Poor Turnover Rate
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 1, 2017
Job was ok. However their are too many "Chiefs and not enough Indians". Management fabricates rule violations if they do not approve of you in order to terminate your employment.
I have enjoyed my 24 years here and have worked in several departments in Pine Belt and feel I am qualified to work in school system based on my expe.
CSS Supervisor/access specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellisville, MSAugust 30, 2017
I enjoy working at Pine Belt and with all my co workers. Everyone is supportive and work as a team. However I would like to work with children as I have spent several years working in the school system years ago.
good company
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 22, 2017
good benefits and co workers. would recommend. gotta be able to handle stressful situations and de-escalate due to the nature of the job. also have to learn quickly
TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 12, 2017
Working at Pine Belt Mental Health Resources is a nice place to work. Some people are extremely friendly and easy going. Others not so much. Otherwise no complaints.
I enjoyed helping children and their families that may have had mental health problems in the past and or presently
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MississippiAugust 3, 2017
Responsible for maintaining an active and current case load of approximately 30 children and their families who have been diagnosed with a mental health disorders. Created realistic and attainable goals for each family member to function in the home, school, a work environment, and/ or society. This was done also with the hopes of decreasing prescribed medicine for their diagnosis. Facilitated monthly meetings with all parties to address goals, progress, and changes if needed.
Pros
Compliments from families that I was able to reunify
Cons
Due to medicare, we as workers werent alloughted the time need at times for the challenges that they had.
Great place for employment
Medical Billing/Coding Intern (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 8, 2017
Great place and friendly staff. Wonderful place to gain knowledge, skills, and experience to increase opportunity to further career opportunities in chosen fields.
Pros
tuition assitance
Cons
Pay
Good place to start career.
School-Based Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 23, 2017
Hectic lifestyle with numerous clients, some brand new and some who've been there their entire life. School based clinicians have a very unstructured schedule, and I based mine off of the school's schedule. They require seeing clients 70 percent of the day which can be difficult if you don't have a high client load. Management expects a lot but there is job security.
Pros
Great healthcare and plenty of holiday.
Cons
Strict management and expectations.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 13, 2017
Typically going to various different schools in the area and providing counseling and mental health services. 50% of your time is spent traveling to families homes and schools and the other percentage is on case management and documentation.
Ok job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purvis, MSApril 7, 2017
This job was extremely stressful because of the co-workers I had and I was young at the time. I did love the clients. It was difficult working with some of the people that worked at the time. I did enjoy the work that I did. The administrative things that I had to do.
Pros
Clients, breaks, right at home
Cons
drama, co-workers, hours
Nothing really bad here but if you're not good with certain people you may not advance.
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 23, 2017
This job does wonders when it comes to working with being able to have a life outside of work without having to constant think about if something is done or not. However, their is the off chance where when promotions come up and you have not satisfied those who want to be satisfied in their own way that you may not get the promotion that would be otherwise rewarded to you.
A typical day at work was calm until the storm,management was poor,most enjoyable part was my clients i loved them all no matter the race or situation
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 8, 2017
My overall review is a 5 but could be improved to a 10 with better management without the false information of requirements
Pros
I loved my job
Cons
I hate liars
Productive place to work. Friendly Staff.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 19, 2017
I like the environment of this job. I meet some interesting people. I worked short hours at the time of employment. Had a pretty good boss.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Boring
Excellent work place
Wraparound Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSSeptember 28, 2016
I loved working with Pine Belt. I loved all my co-workers, and working with my families. Pine Belt provided several different continue education opportunities to better prepare, to offer services to families.
Pros
Free CEU, and training
Cons
On Call duties