Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

This unit is run like a business ,The clients are not the focus.Too much drama between staff makes it difficult to efficiently give good patient care
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: paid time off, rewarding work with a difficult population
Cons: difficult to use your pto because of staffing issues, lots of unresolved issues due to poor management, very toxic !
Many admissions in a fast paced difficult work environment,administration moves problem managers rather than dealing with their issues,Many issues with care Logic computer system,Constant drama among coworkers,patient load lighter than some places but don't let that fool you because there is absolutely no back up by management or administration when you need it.
It was a residential treatment for substance abuse facility.
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: healthcare, clientele, ability to be creative in finding ways to individualize assistance for clients.
Cons: having a supervisor who did not understand the population or treatment modalities.
I provided treatment and case management for the clients who were mostly court ordered into treatment.
I created (with the clients) treatment plans, action plans, aftercare plans and set up relapse recovery services for the clients.
I provided treatment in the form of group and individual therapy to clients.
The co-workers in the residential treatment facility itself were aware of the challenges of – more... working with a substance abuse and corrections population. We worked together to assist each other with contract management and meeting state and federal expectations. We worked as a team to complete reports, provide assessments of progress and assess level of care needed.
Towards the end of my time in the position, there was a new supervisor who had not been in a substance abuse treatment setting and was difficult to help adapt to the modalities.
The best part of the job was working with the clients and outside agencies and contract holders. – less
Great People
Discharge Coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 17, 2014
Very supportive staff, the agency does wonderful things for the community. Many options for employment.
Nice Place to work
Direct Care Provider (Current Employee), Cutlerville, MISeptember 29, 2014
Awesome Job. Fun and caring culture. Staff and supervisors are all very friendly. There is a sense of family.
Amazing place to work (Pine Rest Southwest Clinic)
Licensed Clinical Psychologist/Post Doc (Former Employee), Grandville, MIJune 12, 2014
Pros: clinic manager is very fair, kind; warm atmosphere among co-workers
Cons: some of the support staff are not supportive of clinicians
My supervisors were supportive, understanding, flexible and extremely knowledgeable.

Co-workers were supportive, friendly and knowledgeable.

I grew professionally and personally, would have stayed for many years but relocated to be with family in a different state.

This is a non-profit organization that it set up under the group practice model. As a licensed psychologist, you function independently. They also implement an incentive model which allows you to make good money if you are willing to work extra. The great thing is, the full time positions are salaried.

The benefits package and compensation for a full-time psychologist are great.

I miss being there!!!! If you get a job offer from the clinic manager at Southwest Clinic at Pine Rest, take it.
Great co-workers, good management
Support Staff, CQI Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: lunch dates
Cons: stress level was high at times
Stressful workplace at times with dealing with the patients and the timely matter of paperwork and prescription requests.
Ministry with a mission.
Patient Care Provider/Residential Care Provider (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: immediate care for those who need it.
Cons: patients and residents sometimes are combatant and angry, so they take it out on you.
Pine Rest treats people who need sensitive and direct care. Many of these patients or residents demand special attention and extra effort. Many employees are required to meet "Mandated" ratios for certain sections of the hospital or residential services. Being well trained and ready for flexibility-is required. A lot of great people work at PR. I hope to return there one day in CPE!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!!
RN (Former Employee), Grand RapidsJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: their buildings look nice
Cons: you are being watched! do not think for a minute you are safe. don't do it, but if you do, i'll see a review on here from you shortly.
Watch your back!!! There is a reason they have been looking for this position for almost a year now!!!
Right goals in sight, in the process of getting there.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 4, 2013
Pros: christian based company, benefits
Cons: mandates to work 16 hours, stressful atmosphere
I work second shift, we receive most of the admissions. Normal patient load per RN is usually 7-10 patients. My coworkers are wonderful and we help each other through the stressful times in our day. My day is filled with physical and mental assessments. I pass medications with each of my patients. I help my care providers with the 15min rounds as needed. I have learned to listen to people. I have learned – more... how to talk to people with empathy and confidence. I have learned patience. My managers are fighting for more staff to help. They are open to listening to concerns. The hardest part of my job is the physical and verbal violence from my patients towards staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the transformation of the patient from the day they were admitted until the day they are discharged. – less
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: short breaks, mandates, and not enough diversity in upper management
Excellent place to work and a very fun and professional environment to work. Pine Rest do a great job in providing a safe and secure environment for there patients.
passionate goals but dangerous job
Patient Care Provider (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: christian values and vision
Cons: mandates staff for double shifts, poor compensation, dangerous patients
In a typical day... we monitor patients for safety, check in with patients and encourage goals, respond to combative patients by utilizing non-violent crisis intervention, perform room searches, check all belongings to ensure safety.

Hardest Part of the job is... responding to combative patient codes.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job is... Seeing patients go home after successful treatment.
Programming Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2013
I recieved educational trainings that furthered my knowledge with the company and other aspects of the job. Staff are very caring and the kids make you feel welcomed.
Productive and fun at the workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 25, 2012
Pros: incentives for picking up extra shifts.
Cons: being mandated when you been at work all day or all night.
A typical day at work would include helping patients remain safe and working with lovely co-workers to get the job done.

I've learned that people come from all walks of life and just a little of trust, non-judgement, sense of humor, good listener, and understanding helps a person to overcome the most difficult things in life.

Management is wonderful they are always there when you need them. Co-workers are awesome. Co-workers are always looking out for each other and making sure the patients are safe and even go above and beyound the job to get the work done.

The harderst part of the job is knowing you didn't accomplish your task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you put a smile on someone's face.
best job EVER
Grand Rapids, MI (Former Employee), PhlebotomistNovember 6, 2011
It was the best Job ive ever had in my life. That hospital was amazing, and changed lives for the better.