Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services

Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services Employer Reviews

Great co-workers, good management
Support Staff, CQI Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIJune 2, 2014
Pros: lunch dates
Cons: stress level was high at times
Stressful workplace at times with dealing with the patients and the timely matter of paperwork and prescription requests.
Ministry with a mission.
Patient Care Provider/Residential Care Provider (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: immediate care for those who need it.
Cons: patients and residents sometimes are combatant and angry, so they take it out on you.
Pine Rest treats people who need sensitive and direct care. Many of these patients or residents demand special attention and extra effort. Many employees are required to meet "Mandated" ratios for certain sections of the hospital or residential services. Being well trained and ready for flexibility-is required. A lot of great people work at PR. I hope – more... to return there one day in CPE! – less
PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!!!
RN (Former Employee), Grand RapidsJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: their buildings look nice
Cons: you are being watched! do not think for a minute you are safe. don't do it, but if you do, i'll see a review on here from you shortly.
Watch your back!!! There is a reason they have been looking for this position for almost a year now!!!
Right goals in sight, in the process of getting there.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 4, 2013
Pros: christian based company, benefits
Cons: mandates to work 16 hours, stressful atmosphere
I work second shift, we receive most of the admissions. Normal patient load per RN is usually 7-10 patients. My coworkers are wonderful and we help each other through the stressful times in our day. My day is filled with physical and mental assessments. I pass medications with each of my patients. I help my care providers with the 15min rounds as needed. – more... I have learned to listen to people. I have learned how to talk to people with empathy and confidence. I have learned patience. My managers are fighting for more staff to help. They are open to listening to concerns. The hardest part of my job is the physical and verbal violence from my patients towards staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the transformation of the patient from the day they were admitted until the day they are discharged. – less
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: short breaks, mandates, and not enough diversity in upper management
Excellent place to work and a very fun and professional environment to work. Pine Rest do a great job in providing a safe and secure environment for there patients.
passionate goals but dangerous job
Patient Care Provider (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: christian values and vision
Cons: mandates staff for double shifts, poor compensation, dangerous patients
In a typical day... we monitor patients for safety, check in with patients and encourage goals, respond to combative patients by utilizing non-violent crisis intervention, perform room searches, check all belongings to ensure safety.

Hardest Part of the job is... responding to combative patient codes.

Most Enjoyable Part of the job is... Seeing patients – more... go home after successful treatment. – less
Programming Coordinator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2013
I recieved educational trainings that furthered my knowledge with the company and other aspects of the job. Staff are very caring and the kids make you feel welcomed.
Productive and fun at the workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 25, 2012
Pros: incentives for picking up extra shifts.
Cons: being mandated when you been at work all day or all night.
A typical day at work would include helping patients remain safe and working with lovely co-workers to get the job done.

I've learned that people come from all walks of life and just a little of trust, non-judgement, sense of humor, good listener, and understanding helps a person to overcome the most difficult things in life.

Management is wonderful – more... they are always there when you need them. Co-workers are awesome. Co-workers are always looking out for each other and making sure the patients are safe and even go above and beyound the job to get the work done.

The harderst part of the job is knowing you didn't accomplish your task.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you put a smile on someone's face. – less
best job EVER
Grand Rapids, MI (Former Employee), PhlebotomistNovember 6, 2011
It was the best Job ive ever had in my life. That hospital was amazing, and changed lives for the better.