The Driver position is responsible for accurate and timely product deliveries to customers on assigned routes, verification and pick up of credits, and collection of customer payments. The Delivery Driver establishes and maintains positive working relationships with the company’s customers, and is responsible for compliance of company standards and policies in all areas impacted by the operations division within the assigned route.
- Perform pre-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork and loaded product.
- Maintain DOT daily logs, turning them into Driver Supervisor weekly.
- Using Fork Truck and/or Walkie Rider load customer orders on truck in route order by reviewing manifests
- Drive to destination as outlined in manifest, in a safe, responsible manner and in compliance with all state laws and transportation regulations. Notify Customer Service with any route changes, including time delays and non-delivered orders.
- Check-in with customer at each designated account and serve as company liaison for the customer. Resolve any issues with assistance from Customer Service.
- Unload product and deliver to assigned area within account as directed by the customer.
- Verify cigarette and bundle counts with the customer and obtain customer’s signature according to specific procedure.
- Collects and counts empty customer totes and records on log at each customer location on the route.
- Contact Customer Service immediately with any cigarette or bundle count discrepancies.
- Collect payments from customers if required (verifying any cash payments with customer prior to accepting payment to ensure correct collection).
- Check for credits and process them according to company guidelines.
- Assist Customer Service and Buyers as needed in a prompt, professional manner.
- Check in with Reconciliation Supervisor and review all products returned on truck.
- Submit customer payments & paperwork to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Off load truck off empty totes and loads in designated area within warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Driver Helpers when assigned
- Current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License, DOT physical card and safe driving record
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately.
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of hand carts, fork trucks and walkie riders preferred and must be willing to be trained.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
- Basic mechanical maintenance skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, unload and carry totes and bundles up to 35 lbs. consistently and 50 to 75 pounds occasionally making sure to utilizing proper body mechanics
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory
- Significant periods of driving time
Indeed - 11 months ago