Pinehurst Resort Employee Reviews in United States

all stewards get free lunch
Steward Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMarch 3, 2016
No room to advance, add more work and no more pay. Will not increase the pay to get good worker for all the work to be done. Does not want workers to get overtime .
Pros
offers health insurance
Cons
no overtime
Fun work place
Server (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 28, 2016
Its a nice place to work at sometimes. I feel unsafe at work sometimes. A lot of employees do illegal drugs on duty. I wish human resources an security would get on top of things. Employees should leave personal affection at home.
Pros
free lunches, free acholoic beverages.
Cons
very minium breaks, employee on employee love action/drama. human resource dosent stay on top of things.
Friendly,Productive, Family Oriented, Team Work Enviorment
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 15, 2015
Superior training, the most enjoyable part is the management and employees that i work with. We all are able to collaborate together and help our guest in the most friendliest, professional way.
Learning Experience
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst NCJune 24, 2015
For the most part I enjoy working at Pinehurst Resort. I have learned a lot since working there. Management tends to show favorites. Office not good at keep your personal life secret. I keep my pride at home because I really need this job right now.
Pros
income can be great
Cons
booking is to make income is difficult is your last
good people and guest
server assistant (Current Employee) –  pinehurst ncMarch 3, 2015
very nice co workers and all are willing to help. guest usually are very sweet and come back within the next week or two. we sadly dont get any breaks but when we are very busy you dont really think about the breaks because your working to hard.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no breaks
great place to work
Work in housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst NCDecember 19, 2014
we work as a team and get the job done. I take linen from room attendants and bring down to housekeeping. re stock shelves with new linen and vaccum halls and empty trash.
course 2
golf course maintenance (Former Employee) –  course 2November 19, 2014
Pinehurst Resort is a great place to work. Management and staff work together to achieve a beautiful and well maintained golf course for resort guests to enjoy. I loved my time there.
Pros
reduced golf fees
Wonderful Management
Food and Wine Festival Intern (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCNovember 11, 2014
Great experience, friendly staff, surrounded by subpar towns
I learn alot in banquet ,and had fun.
cook/extern (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCOctober 8, 2014
Had fun working in banquet and leaned what i wanted to do.one sous chef has a attitude problems with externs.
busy busy busy place to work!
1st Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJuly 14, 2014
I learned almost everything I know in the golf business from this place. Great history and tradition and busy EVERYDAY!!!
very busy and professional work place
Lead line cook (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCApril 30, 2014
this is a very busy golf resort with conventions held there. Everything is made fresh from scratch and using the best quality product available. I have been exposed to many food items I have never used before. The chefs and sous chefs are very knowledgeable and willing to teach new techniques. There is a ex-tern program for culinary students , so you work with a lot of diverse students learning the trade. Co-workers seem to get along and have some fun at work, not having to be all business all the time. The hours are long sometimes with having to work 6 days a week alot with open availability. I love this atmosphere of producing high quality food!
Pros
offers employees discounts in the community, cheap golfing at all resort courses
Cons
offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, transferring to other departments, employee cafeteria on site.
great place to work, very helpful and friendly coworkers
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCFebruary 4, 2014
busy season is a lot of hours but made up by slow season. large team of culinarians that are willing to help the company and teach one another
Very Productive
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 29, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and learning new things. It was a very dedicated job and very clean environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Alot of work
Bus Boy (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCAugust 20, 2012
Typical day of work is pretty busy, it gets super stressful though and chefs are always yelling at you but i guess it comes with the territory. Management and coworkers are great. Hardest part of the job is making everyone happy. Most enjoyable part of the job is leaving at night. I feel like busyboys dont get paid enough though. Our job is tough..we work for pretty much everyone: chefs,captains,waiters,managers, and anyone else in a suit. Everyone is telling us to do something for them..its just a stressful environment! We don't get breaks or free food!
Pros
....
Cons
....
Busy, Fun, Relaxing work environment
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCMay 6, 2012
Busy days always something to do at work. Learned that if you enjoy your job no matter how much work you have to do its enjoyable to be at work. Managment was great couldn't complain they set good examples for their employees, Co-workers were always on time and friendly. Hardest part of the job was to break down the set up of a wedding after working 14 hours straight but even that became easy. Everything about this job was enjoyable the hours, the people, even the customers.

4.2