Pinellas County Government Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team Spirit
Executive Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 10, 2015
Working with 8 different department heads and for my manager was great. I formed great bonds with so many people. I loved the challenge of learning new things and building new solid teams. Being apart of the big picture was a great feeling.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Events
A productive workplace with a good culture.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pinellas County FloridaJune 18, 2015
A hard working smart group capable of handling most anything thrown it way.
ITIL based ticket and work tracking system.
Management leads with a free hand.
Typical work day
Telephone Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 13, 2014
Report in at 8:00 am have meeting about the days jobs
This was going over adds, moves, changes and installations
Running cables ,terminating all cables,programming off site switches. my co-workers were highly trained for the jobs assigned to us.Hardest part of the job working around other trades in new construction. Most enjoyable part of the job was the programming was done correctly.
Pros
most installs and programming wen perfect
Cons
working around other trades
Great boss, terrific people to work with for the most part, good pay and benefits. Loved my job.
Randstad Temporary Service (Former Employee) –  Largo, FloridaJuly 13, 2012
Busy all day, data entry of all work performed previous day. Covering for Dispatch as needed. Also learned front desk coverage for emergencies. My manager was great. My co-workers were all well trained and great to work with. The hardest part of the job was getting everyone to turn in their paperwork on time so I could enter it into the computer and get it posted in a timely manner. I love doing Data Entry; I looked forward to going to work every day.
Pros
they hired me in as a permanent employee after 9 months, all holidays all bosses served the entire staff a fine meal.
Cons
knowing i was a temp, and wanted the job full time was an uncertainty.
I would still be working there if I hadn't decided to move to CT.
Park Maintenance worker/Craftworker II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 26, 2012
I worked at the Pinellas County jail for the last 14 years that I was with the County. Got to use equiptment, inventory, pickers, drive forklifts operate bucket trucks & CATS.
Pros
management was flexible
Cons
because of the ecomony we didn't get raises for the last few years
This job was okay for anyone who wanted to stagnate in a position for 30 years and have some relative degree of security
Real Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2013
This job was okay however it proved to be to political as there was a consistency of individuals who were hired and advanced with out the proper training and experience.
Great place that extensively trains their employees
St. Petersburg, FL (Former Employee) –  Administrative Support SpecialistNovember 7, 2011
This is employer is thorough on whom they choose and then they extensively train their employees
Pros
great benefits, comfortable job
Cons
very strict policies and procedures
Great place to work; I enjoyed it very much.
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FL.June 5, 2013
This was a great job; I loved it. I helped clients get what they really needed, and that was a very satisfying part of my day.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
few breaks
Stable work enviornment
maintenance (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 17, 2013
loved the career options, very flexible duties. from maintenance to construction
Pros
secure job
Cons
low pay
Amazing job
Senior Office Specialist, Utilities Department (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 11, 2012
This was temporary position that lasted only 1 year until software was ready.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinellas County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3