Pinellas County Schools Employee Reviews

School Board Employee - ESE Program
Teacher Asst., Secretary, Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 9, 2017
Started out as a Teacher's Assistant and progressed upward. Advancement and on-going training available. Good company shared benefits. I especially enjoyed working with special needs kids.
Pros
Watching a child light up when thet "got it"
Cons
Pay
Good Benefits; low salaries
Teacher Kindergarten and Special Education (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 7, 2017
Loved working with the students-- best part of the job!
Benefits were not that great- difficult to find health care providers who accept the insurance.
Love my job a teacher!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2017
I enjoy working with people.I especially enjoy putting a smile on peoples faces. It's fun to learn different peoples personalities and see how you can bring the best out in them.
Job Security
Instructional Designer and Teacher (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 23, 2017
As a Pinellas County Schools teacher, you are secure in continuing employment, provided you are willing to work hard. It is gratifying to know that you are making a positive impact on children.
Interesting
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  All South County Elementary and Middle Schools.June 22, 2017
· Instructed students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods.
· Monitor student's class work, ensure safety and maintain course standard.
· Follow policies and procedures of teacher, school and school board.
· Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, those with physical and mental disabilities & Establish and enforce classroom rules
Pros
Hours varied
Cons
Nothing really
Productive and great job to pursue in
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work would be very productive. I would help students with any subjects that they had struggles in. I learned how to build confidence and self-esteem in myself and others. The hardest part of the job was being able to drive from school to school in a day.
I enjoyed my time while working for PCSB
Teacher/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2017
Report to office, check daily emails, respond to individuals with needs, daily paperwork, community networking, work with students, daily paper work, collaborate with colleagues.
Pros
school calendar
Cons
bunred out teachers
Was able to work when I needed to. No requirements.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed working as a substitute teacher for a number of reasons. First, I was able to work on my schedule while I was attending college. Second, I was able to work at various locations and with various age groups. Third, it was nice to have the extra income without having to give up my family life and college experience.
Pros
Work when needed
Cons
Non that I can think of
Challenging and the ability to inspire young minds
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 10, 2017
Enjoyed the flexibility. This allows an individual to think on their feet. The ability to challenge and inspire young minds. The ability to make learning a pleasure.
Employees were nice
Family & Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 7, 2017
Admin staff did what they could to show staff their appreciation for a job well done. I enjoyed working here. There was a lot of turn over in the support staff area though.
A great place to work
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 7, 2017
Pinellas County Schools is a great place to work. If you have kids and need a convenient schedule then this is the place to work. They have good benefits and but low pay. It is a stress free work environment.
Pros
Benefits, retirement, stress free environment
Cons
Low pay
school setting with ese students
ESE Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2017
Monday- Friday, I would start my day by coming in making sure the classroom was nice from the pervious day, make copies of any work that we would be doing for the day, attend any meetings or group settings before the students arrive , meet students in the cafeteria for breakfast and making sure no disruptions occur.working with kids from k-12, assisting in the classroom on a daily basis, making sure that kids are being respectful to others in the classroom, Assisting teachers in the classroom with classwork, paperwork etc
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
lunch breaks
Life as a Co teacher
co teacher (Former Employee) –  safety harborMay 29, 2017
I fell in love with those kiddos and became part of the school family. I was embraced by many of the teacher and administrators. I sincerely learned so much from the teachers,
Productive and fun workplace.
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Largo, FL 33770May 24, 2017
A typical day working as an Avid Tutor for the Pinellas County School require me to tutor high school and middle school kids in basic core subjects such as math, science, English and history.
don't recommend
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 24, 2017
There is a lot of teacher bullying and mistreatment of substitutes. The schools don't support substitutes and you are basically not supported in any way by administration. Will not work there again.
Love my job with the school board
I also assumed the role of Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33770May 23, 2017
I worked at the school board for 12 years. I enjoy working with children with special needs and behavioral issues. CPR and first aid certified. My role was to ensure safety of the students give medications tube feeds catheterization BMI Medicaid billing. I also was part of the Safety Committee and wellness committee and volunteer to be the community liaison and get stuff for the school to benefit the staff and students.
Training and Driving
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 15, 2017
There are various types of driving but the main route drivers are a fair and steady job provided you can work a split shift. My route had a 5 am to 9 am morning and 1 pm to 4pm afternoon which was affected by various traffic issues.

Training took approximately 3 weeks for both book and practical work involved in commercial driving with an additional week of supervision to learn your route.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with various disputes between children, The enjoyable part is personal preference but I liked the long drives through back roads.

My F.O.S. Field Operations Supervisor was a kind but firm lady that approached all her drivers with friendly management but fair judgement.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and breaks between routes.
Cons
Various illnesses because of exposure to over 100 kids a day.
Hard to please
ASD Teacher (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 12, 2017
The principals and the district have different ideas and plans and its easy to get caught in a ping pong match between them arguing. Its a hard place to work unless you can be best friends with someone.
Flexible
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMay 9, 2017
Management of classrooms and following lesson plans. The work environment can be challenging with middle school aged students, but finding a way to connect is always my goal and it has always been attained.
Seeing the smiles and good energy of kids and teachers is rewarding, and I always enjoy going in on my own schedule.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not a permanent schedule
Noble Profession
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 4, 2017
Teaching is one of finest professions because it allows us to positively affect the lives of tomorrow's adults, parents, leaders, etc. Working at Pinellas County Schools does allow that, and it's wonderful! Like any industry, your school choice, principal, and the staff make all the difference! Because the work is hard and the hours are long, it's important to find a school where you feel happy and like a member of the community.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Hours are VERY long, life balance can be tough to find