Piney Ridge Center

Piney Ridge Center Employer Reviews

Poor management skills makes this job very difficult to manage around your life.
Psychiatric Assistant (Current Employee), Waynesville, MOAugust 22, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime if you can manage it. job security as it is high turnover, pto accrues very fast.
Cons: demans double shifts with no notice, hostile management, poor scheduling.
A typical day at Piney Ridge involves administering care for the youth. Depending on the day and time this could involve any number of activities such as group therapy, school, and outings.

I have learned quite a bit in understanding troubled youth and how these kids come from all kinds of different backgrounds. I've learned to be patient and understanding, and willing to talk. I've learned techniques in de-escalating high tension situations in order to keep the residents and staff safe.

While some of them mean well, the management is horrible. Due to favoritism, complete incompetence in scheduling, a lack of adequate compensation for the amount of overtime and stress the job causes, the environment is horribly stressful and it is very hard for people to want to remain working there.

The coworkers are mixed both good and bad. I have never had a problem with coworkers however.

The hardest part of the job is not having a life at home, they seem to expect you to work double shifts with no notice constantly throughout the week, and then when you explain that you cant on certain days or for certain reasons, the management gets very hostile. I've been yelled at on 3 or 4 occasions for no reason other than explaining that I was unavailable to work a double on the given day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids. I love making a difference in their lives and seeing them change for the better.
Review
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 9, 2014
The pay was terrible and they would hire anyone off of the street, in which would make the job difficult at times.
A fun place to work
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: shorts breaks
The most enjoyable thing about work is seeing a child make progress in his treatment.
unhappy
Supervisor SAY Unit (Former Employee), waynesville MissouriJune 30, 2013
This was a residential facitly for at risk kids. most of the time you were not able to do anyting with the Kids because management would not allowing you to take children outside to get fresh air. Kids were place on different wards and that is where they had today daily. This gave children no time to learn social kills or interractions with other.
Poor administration previously, departments fragmented
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 19, 2013
I left this job because it was decided at a department head meeting that my position should be changed to 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. I had agreed to work from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and was told there was no other position available.
Unit Supervisor
Residential Unit Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: kids
Cons: kids
Supervised assigned unit that housed young people that were diagnosed with behavioral issues. Made sure the unit was safe as well as organizing activities, med appointments, and mediation.
Intense atmosphere that was beneficial
Psychiatric Assistant/Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Waynesville, MOOctober 8, 2012
Great experience, learned so much about the youth and adolescent population. While also gaining self-awareness and increasing ones professional awareness.
Rewarding
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARAugust 30, 2012
Helping adolescents with behavioral problems was very rewarding.
challenging
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 18, 2012
This job was interesting and it tugged at your heart strings. I worked with children who had been sexually abused in some way. I assisted the kids to and in class and made sure they were doing what they needed to be doing to complete their treatment. The pay wasnt all that great but that didnt matter to me. What mattered was the kids and them getting better.