Pinkerton & Laws Construction Quality Control Engineer (CQCE) is responsible for managing and performing the daily QC responsibilities of Pinkerton & Laws projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established minimum standards. The CQCE role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product. The CQCE is also responsible for regulatory environmental compliance for all assigned construction projects. This position reports directly to Pinkerton & Laws Director of Operations.
It is the role of the Construction Quality Control Engineer (CQCE) to assure that the quality of work meets or exceeds the projects contractual requirements, and maintains the standard of excellence established by Pinkerton & Laws.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review plan documents, shop drawings, and submittals for the exterior envelope system(s) specified. This review includes, but is not limited to, roofing, flashings, masonry, EIFS, stucco, waterproofing, and window assemblies.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with manufacture guidelines, details, and specs for exterior envelope systems used on P&L projects.
- Chair and document QC meetings with the onsite superintendents and provide written reports based on items reviewed and inspected during field site visits.
- Conduct onsite inspections (as needed) to verify that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents and the approved submittals.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with the subcontractors and the superintendent prior to start of each new phase of the work to discuss sequencing of trades, and issues that affect quality.
- Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately, and are acceptable for use in the project
- Conduct periodic follow-up inspections to verify that work is proceeding with the contract documents and the approved submittals. (Desired results come from what is inspected, not what is expected.)
- Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of building systems
- Document and distribute QC pre-punchlists, punchlists, and document the completion of these lists
- Record and organize all necessary documentation to memorialize the implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of the quality control program.
- Review all special inspections and material testing performed by third parties
- Ensure construction projects comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations (i.e. NPDES, SWPPP, Asbestos, etc.).
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management
- Minimum 2 years experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor engaged in general building construction
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel (estimate 60%-70%)
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the renovation of commercial and institutional buildings
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Understands project change order administration and the effect on the quality aspects of the project
- Erosion and Sediment Control Certified (Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Level 1A, Level1B or Level II)
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must be self-directed and proactive
- Strong communication skills & ability to communicate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Good organization/attention to detail
- Ability to record and organize all necessary documentation to memorialize the implementation, maintenance, and effectiveness of the Quality Control Program
Indeed - 2 years ago