Pinkerton Government Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 13, 2016
I worked for PGS, now SCIS, for just over 4 years. In my time there, I was responsible for the daily ingress and egress of vehicle traffic as well as the occasional shift at the front desk in one of the auxiliary buildings. I learned a great deal about national security and the need for secrecy.

My coworkers were, and still are, excellent employees. They take their job very seriously and maintain a tight security presence. My manager was firm but fair. His employee's well-being came first after site security.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be keeping busy. The monotony of nothing happening for long stretches at a time can, and will, wear even the strongest-willed person.

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking patrols. It was an opportunity to be able to stretch your legs after working a post for several hours at a time.
Pros
On-site cafeteria's, on-site showers
Cons
Isolated locale
Professional work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCNovember 22, 2016
Every day different.
You different ways of handling situations.
Management through out company was professional and offered an open door with all staff.
The hardest part was being let go to another company.
We all worked together professionally the most enjoyable part of the job.

Can't rate CEO never met him.
Great job to work!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Awesome environment. The people are always upbeat and cool. The managers are always good with working with you through any issues and lending a hand whenever needed.
Pros
The money is good
exciting place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 16, 2016
professional and room for advancement. Fast pace at times and very detail oriented. Someone was always available for any questions or concerns that may arise while on duty.
Pros
upward mobility
Cons
back logs
Great work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CASeptember 20, 2016
They are very private company very much about getting the job done, good bosses great co workers fast enviroment to learn but great learning process if you want to get involved with government type of work. also help you get a government clearence.
Unique work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 17, 2016
Allowed me to travel all around the world. Did and observed many different work activities. It was exciting to be part of many larger work related projects.
Great place to work but warm body coverage
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22151May 22, 2016
The benefits are great but hiring skills apply very little and employees that care are outnumbered by those that don't. The management team is not local. Work hours are restricted and or limited and not flexible without coverage.
working as a guard was fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNFebruary 3, 2016
working night shift was a big challege for me so many clocks to check in at. being a gaurd can sometimes be tough especially when employees are causeing the problem.on the long run it is a very good job meet alot of new peoples.
Pros
does not take long for promotion
Cons
does not want to pay much for the hard work you do.
Procrastination at its best
Unarmed Security Guard/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 21, 2015
the upper management beyond the site supervisor are all professional procrastinators. They tell you they'll get back to you on a question... two months later and still no answer... five reminders sent and finally "I'll look into this and get back to you"...
Pros
friendly environment and coworkers
Cons
expensive healthcare and no job security
Best job ive ever had
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2015
best job ive had it was just like being back on my deployment to iraq or at least it felt that way being armed with body armor protecting the government secrets in secured areas, searching everything that came in or out the building,patrols in cruiser. great relationship with employees, good benefits
Pros
great pay, good benefits, some overtime awesome job
Cons
lost job due to loss of contract
yes we have ping pong table.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 20, 2015
patrol parking lots is a typical day at work. checking worker car permit. the most enjoyable part of the job is when it time to go home. I really don't have a hardest part on the job. I get along with my co-worker.
Pros
I bring my lunch to work and eat at my desk.
Cons
Only break i get is when i ask for a 10-100 to break to go to the restroom.
Doing rounds, recording mail log ins,Viewing cameras etc
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 8, 2015
Working with Pinkerton was one of the best experiences in my life thus far. I never saw myself not still being there. The people were great. I Truly gave it my all and had recently received a promotion
Stressful environment.
NLECC/USPIS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 15, 2015
Not a good place to work. No support or leadership from company or management. Hours are horrible. No growth opportunities at all. Room is cold and must wear tacky ugly uniforms.
Pros
No Pros with company
Cons
The whole process is a Con.
Great company to enhance skills
Security (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FLMarch 12, 2013
PGS is the perfect Company for inhancing daily Security awareness. It has a great blend of individuals from a variety of agae backgrounds. It supports gaining higher education and improving the elder groups that wish to remain in the work environments. PGS was a great networking group in the Security,/Law Enforcement work group. PGS offered up to date training and certification for individuals that wanted or needed refreshment of their skills.
was close to home and didnt require too much daily to operate in the position I attained because of the great staff always going above and beyond.
Lead Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 10, 2013
I drove around to the various guard post to ensure things were operating smoothly. worked on scheduling and revising post orders, went to meetings etc. Management was good as far as communication but not on overall operation of the company.
Pros
really liked my employees, everyone got along really good.
Cons
pay could have been higher for a management position and all that was required for it.
Safe workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALOctober 22, 2012
I supervise a 10 man crew and maintain clientele regulations. Perform scorecards for security personnel whom I mentor. Supervise daily operations with the site and oversee site security force. Brief back shift security officers on management duties. Support force-on-force drills and exercises. Review database reports daily. Coordinate maintenance of security equipment with site maintenance. Coordinate, review, and prioritize timely repairs of security equipment.
Great way to advance your skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 15, 2012
I worked their briefly due to health reasons but overall It was a great job for me. I enjoyed my scheduled employment spot, I enjoyed the people I interacted with everyday, I even liked the fact that I was offered upper advancement. Only thing I did not enjoy was I was doing supervisors work and not receiving the pay for it. I was ALWAYS there when I was needed either scheduled or not scheduled. A very dedicated person. If I could I would return there to work.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
non
Great learning environment
Security Officer/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 27, 2012
A typical day at work may include meeting foreign persons, controlling access to secured areas, responding to alarms and conducting customer service. I have learned how to reduce overtime and complete payroll for multiple sites. The management is striving for betterment of both the site and the staff. Co-workers are diverse and enjoyable. The hardest part of this job may be different for each person, but I feel that finding the balance between the client needs and corporate needs. I enjoy the fast paced environment which allows me to handle multiple situations at one time, and always having the support to succeed.
Poor training, poor management, No Job security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 17, 2012
If you are hired, the first paper you sign is that you can be terminated without cause!
After 1 1/2 years with HIGH evaluations I was suddenly told not to return to work. No reason would be given other that the boss wanted somebody different.
The training was poor. Poor spelling in manuals, most of which had nothing to do with the post you were assigned to!
Poor contact with upper level supervisors, who would not return calls or e-mails.
This outfit is WORLD Famous for Security, but I would call them infamous!
Cons
higher pay that most security jobs
Professional Workplace
COMMISSIONED SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 23, 2013
A typical day a work consists of receiving the last shift's report, logging into all the systems, positioning security asset where you want them and monitor everything. I learned a lot about security and how the government works in the physical security aspect. Majority od my co-workers were good people to work with, they maintain a professional appearance and bearing. The hardest part of the job was working overnight after being in school or up all during the day. I enjoyed everything else about the job, mostly interacting with the different people who worked at the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinkerton Government Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Pinkerton Government Services Reviews by Location