Pinkerton Government Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work but warm body coverage
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA 22151May 22, 2016
The benefits are great but hiring skills apply very little and employees that care are outnumbered by those that don't. The management team is not local. Work hours are restricted and or limited and not flexible without coverage.
working as a guard was fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNFebruary 3, 2016
working night shift was a big challege for me so many clocks to check in at. being a gaurd can sometimes be tough especially when employees are causeing the problem.on the long run it is a very good job meet alot of new peoples.
Pros
does not take long for promotion
Cons
does not want to pay much for the hard work you do.
Doing rounds, recording mail log ins,Viewing cameras etc
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 8, 2015
Working with Pinkerton was one of the best experiences in my life thus far. I never saw myself not still being there. The people were great. I Truly gave it my all and had recently received a promotion
Procrastination at its best
Unarmed Security Guard/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 21, 2015
the upper management beyond the site supervisor are all professional procrastinators. They tell you they'll get back to you on a question... two months later and still no answer... five reminders sent and finally "I'll look into this and get back to you"...
Pros
friendly environment and coworkers
Cons
expensive healthcare and no job security
Stressful environment.
NLECC/USPIS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 15, 2015
Not a good place to work. No support or leadership from company or management. Hours are horrible. No growth opportunities at all. Room is cold and must wear tacky ugly uniforms.
Pros
No Pros with company
Cons
The whole process is a Con.
Productive and a great learning enviornment
Security Guard/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2015
I have been with this company for two years and have lots of experience in working with security. I do rounds and watch CCTV cameras for any trouble,
Great Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Avondale, LAAugust 9, 2015
A typical work day consist of getting work assignment and to patrol the yard to make sure the Naval ships are secure. I have learned that i like doing security work.
Best job ive ever had
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 8, 2015
best job ive had it was just like being back on my deployment to iraq or at least it felt that way being armed with body armor protecting the government secrets in secured areas, searching everything that came in or out the building,patrols in cruiser. great relationship with employees, good benefits
Pros
great pay, good benefits, some overtime awesome job
Cons
lost job due to loss of contract
Reasonable working conditions but not much guildance.
TVA Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNAugust 4, 2015
Pinkerton lost the contract to another security company. The local management at the time was fair and provided adequate support to the site.
yes we have ping pong table.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 20, 2015
patrol parking lots is a typical day at work. checking worker car permit. the most enjoyable part of the job is when it time to go home. I really don't have a hardest part on the job. I get along with my co-worker.
Pros
I bring my lunch to work and eat at my desk.
Cons
Only break i get is when i ask for a 10-100 to break to go to the restroom.

Want to know more about Pinkerton Government Services?

Ask a question
In my words
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KansasJune 12, 2015
This company works long hours, and all hours of the day, night, and weekend. Employees expected to show up when management needs them at the drop of a hat.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Working hours
An industry standard in corporate security.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 30, 2015
A large national company explicitly marketed toward corporate office security. Employing diverse groups of people.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
They lack an experienced professional employment base. High employee turnover rate.
No support, sit on hands managment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 13, 2015
I worked for PGS for 9 years before it became Securitas Critical Infrastructure. Management was distant and unsupportive. The Client, Northrop Grumman Marine Systems is what made me stay with PGS.
Pros
Good Client
Cons
Poor benefits, poor, distant managment
Long hours good pay
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARApril 14, 2015
Great place to work if you're single. Long hours and not a lot of family time. Pay is good but ability to advance is horrible.
Interesting place of employment.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2015
The setting and work day for this employer depend completely on which location you are contracted to. The bulk of the locations are with government contracting companies, ULA, Raytheon, Ball, etc... Which can make life very interesting.
For my particular location, we were front desk personnel who also happened to run the facilities health and safety enforcement. On a typical day, myself and my partner would take turns on health and safety patrols, and watch the security cameras. In between said patrols, we would also take deliveries, check in visitors, answer facilities based telephone calls, and respond to any form of emergency.
The most difficult part of the job was, your bad days flew by and your good days crawled by. What I mean is, your bad days tended to involve the police, fire department, or medical emergency services and could include things ranging from a drug addict in the parking garage to treating a medical emergency until the paramedics arrived. While your good days involved nothing at all; you simply watched the cameras and went on periodic patrols.
What I enjoyed most about the job was the ability to get up and move around. Sitting, doing nothing, is not an activity I enjoy. So the periodic patrols, especially the exterior patrols during the spring, were rather enjoyable. Plus, when you're security for a professional work place, you are treated with quite a bit of respect and professional courtesy.
Pros
good work environment, ability to move sites, interesting work environment, ability to get up and move
Cons
no breaks, poor benefits, pay and environment depend on contract
all around good place to work
Security Officer (Armed) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Good people to work with. Nice atmosphere. Management needs some work in all areas such as payroll,scheduling and better communication with not just the officers but client(s) Better training would definitely help!
Pros
decent wages, friendly people
Cons
poorly trained management, lack of communication
I enjoyed working with the employers and visitors
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDDecember 25, 2014
I was responsible for checking to ensure employees and visitors were cleared to enter the buildings, checking packages, and
escorting visitors to secured locations
Pros
the organization moved
Cons
lunch break to short
easy job,some good people to work with,no chance of advancement,no benefit program.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNNovember 23, 2014
I worked straight midnight shift.No stress.Mainly your job was walking patrols,both inside and outside.Sometimes you may have to open a door for the plant workers.I also worked in the alarm room where your job was access doors for different patrols to do their patrols.On your patrols,you were checking to make sure all doors were secured.
If alarms go off ,respond to them.Some time there was overtime and you may be called in on whatever shift it might be.
There wasn't any part of the job that was hard.The weekends were the easiest part,with no workers there to open doors for;mainly
just your patrols and report writing of what you did during your shift.
I enjoyed the job and the people I worked with.
Pros
very easy, likeable people to work with.
Cons
no benefit package.no chance for raises, or advancements.
Great place to work and outstanding benefits.
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CANovember 3, 2014
Co-workers were really good. Management always on top of their game.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Typical Security
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDOctober 28, 2014
This job requires a lot of time on your feet. However, it can be very laid back at time. The environment varies depending who is on shift.
Pros
pays good
Cons
you cannot leave the job site for lunch

Pinkerton Government Services Reviews by Location