Pinkerton Government Services Employee Reviews

Great experince
Entry Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Allentownp, MDNovember 27, 2017
I loved my job, and my co-workers, the overall experience gained is irreplaceable. We are the first line of security at the facility that housed Air Force One!
Pros
Experience
Cons
The weather
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 27, 2017
Good place to work on contract basis opportunity to travel. other personnel professional contractors. working here for the last 7 years. Opportunities to make Lead positions.
Enjoyed working at Pinkerton
Security Operations Center Operator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 28, 2017
I have enjoyed working with Pinkerton, the breaks were minimal but the staff were friendly. Very busy work environment. I was the Lead SOC Operator for the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Does not offer a great benefit package
Job working conditions
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAOctober 10, 2017
rarely saw management, and very little opportunity for advancement, no input from management or concerns regarding officers in the field. Required to work overtime, without life/work balance considerations.
Pros
nice uniforms
Cons
no input from management
Basic Security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 28, 2017
Typical day would be doing rounds at different buildings. Making sure that everyone that was on the campus was supposed to be.

Management was good. Open minded about personal issues, and always had time to talk if we needed it, yet still a boss.

There really was no hard part about this job.
Security
Armed Nuclear Facility Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 27, 2017
Armed security job patrolling ground, ensuring personnel and equipment were safe and secure. Processed Identification badges logged individuals in and out
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Not a fun place to work at
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 14, 2017
I did not like working for this company based on the management that we had at the time. There was no way to give your ideas to management without them complaining about it, just did not listen.
Nice people to work with
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 30, 2017
Coworkers were nice upper management was non existent, no brakes for lunch, long work hours, Use the company to get a Q clearance and then run away as fast as you can.
Kind of a dead end
Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 29, 2017
I liked the people I worked with, but the work was monotonous and there was no room for advancement. Also, no real lunchbreak. Had to find someone to relieve me or had to wait for someone to bring me food.
Pros
Great management, good work atmosphere, decent pay
Cons
No lunchbreak, No free time, no advancement
its a fun job with a lot of learning opportunities
Administrative Support/OneBadge LRA (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84401July 16, 2017
Could be a fun environment to work if you are willing to work with others. I worked in administration so things were a bit different for me, as I was not an actual security guard. I enjoyed working with Northrop Grumman employees and the Security Team before they lost the contract with the Air Force that they had for 50 years. BAE Systems took over and job cut happened, including my job.
Pros
Fun friendly environment
Cons
pay cuts and no overtime
Good job
Security Officer/Escort (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 13, 2017
This is a great place to work, it has been a great part time job for me for 6 years now. It's a security company, they secure government buildings and they pay pretty decent especially if you hold a security clearance.
Compensation is dependent on the Client not the security company
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 13, 2017
I had started at 10.50 hourly with 4 to 8 hours of overtime weekly at one client location. Then when promoted and transferred to another client and location my pay went to 14.00 hourly with 8 hours overtime weekly.
This was in Florida with a secret clearance requirement and unarmed security in an office building.
Pinkerton was owned by Securitas and has since changed it's name as well as management. The day to day operations on the ground remained much the same, good and bad.
The best situations always seem to be smaller units and smaller sites with a decent site manager.
Pros
Great Client to have as a customer
Cons
Corporate Security Management
Didn't stay there long
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAJune 12, 2017
They do not pay well at all. They also do not give any raises or cost of living increases. The job it self was very easy and was brainless anyone could do it.
ehh
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJune 6, 2017
Good place to work while going to school so you can do homework on shift. Not much for benefits or pay. A good filler job. There was a lot of drama over nothing.
Productive and great company to work for
Contracted Armed Security Officwer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2017
they always took care of their officer's. The Captain even brought us dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas because we volunteered to work instead of being home with family
Pros
raises, paid for our insurance
Cons
the sites that I worked at themselves for this company are great
Site Supervisor/Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2017
the management of this company was lacking in many areas and the level of understanding as far as having to send classified officers just wasn't there like it should of been
Pros
the work enviorment at the sites was great
Cons
management did not seem to respect you depending on what site you where at
Great job to work!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Awesome environment. The people are always upbeat and cool. The managers are always good with working with you through any issues and lending a hand whenever needed.
Pros
The money is good
Great Place to Work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 13, 2016
I worked for PGS, now SCIS, for just over 4 years. In my time there, I was responsible for the daily ingress and egress of vehicle traffic as well as the occasional shift at the front desk in one of the auxiliary buildings. I learned a great deal about national security and the need for secrecy.

My coworkers were, and still are, excellent employees. They take their job very seriously and maintain a tight security presence. My manager was firm but fair. His employee's well-being came first after site security.

The hardest part of the job would definitely be keeping busy. The monotony of nothing happening for long stretches at a time can, and will, wear even the strongest-willed person.

The most enjoyable part of the job was walking patrols. It was an opportunity to be able to stretch your legs after working a post for several hours at a time.
Pros
On-site cafeteria's, on-site showers
Cons
Isolated locale
Professional work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCNovember 22, 2016
Every day different.
You different ways of handling situations.
Management through out company was professional and offered an open door with all staff.
The hardest part was being let go to another company.
We all worked together professionally the most enjoyable part of the job.

Can't rate CEO never met him.
Unique work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 17, 2016
Allowed me to travel all around the world. Did and observed many different work activities. It was exciting to be part of many larger work related projects.