Pinkerton Employee Reviews

Not much room for growth
Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
The company is great. A typical day is checking ID of all people entering the building. Ensuring all fire safty equipment is working. Monitor all floors including roof tops of buildings.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Management not always available when needed.
Nice productive place to work
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 29, 2016
In my experience working with pinkerton was a very good i enjoyed working for this company becuase of tbe location of the sites and tne nice people who worked there as well .
Pros
Nice and friendly people and good benefits
Cons
easy job to do. quiet environment
monitor cameras, foot patrolling (Former Employee) –  Springfield massDecember 28, 2016
Sharp uniform and professionalism Will get you to higher level. Different shift come in handy when you help others. I never had an issue with
Changing hours with another security officer.
Security Officer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  McClean, VADecember 23, 2016
Pinkerton is an excellent company to work for and they provide excellent growth opportunities for their guards. The team environment is strong and the extra hours for work are greatly appreciated.
Excellent opportunities
Intern (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
As an intern I have been able to develop my skills in order to make myself marketable for the corporate world. The team has done an outstanding job at this and has continued to develop me even after completion of the program.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Need more instructors
High Level Stress
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 11, 2016
It's a lifestyle not a job.
Assignments always vary and give great opportunities to learn something new everyday.
The ops specialist is in the field 50% of the time while still managing other assignments.
Pros
You are your own time manager
Cons
The motto is true- We never Sleep
Terrible place to work
Employment Verifications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 27, 2016
Let me just start off by saying that any person who has a slightly higher position than someone else at Pinkerton will stick their noses up so far in the air that they forget that they were once a regular employee. Way too much favoritism and catiness. I give this job two thumbs down
Pros
You earn a paycheck
Cons
Staff always encouraging employees to acquire new skills.
Data Entry Operator Senior; Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 23, 2016
The staff always encouraged each employee to acquire new skills. They provided the tools needed to excel at the job assigned and allowed additional training for other positions of interest inside of the company.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
NA
It was a temporary job
mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 4, 2016
I did what i did at boeing all aspects of mail service I did not have to learn anything else except new management personnell
Pros
Did what i already did
Cons
temporary and big cut in pay
San Mateo
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 4, 2016
Just wanted to say I worked hand in hand with these people HR people at this location they are not the brightest people to work with, and will sweep you under the rug. Watch out for terrible backstabbing culture.
Pros
Cons
Everything terrible company
very fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 2, 2016
I did daily walk throughs recored hourly checks of the premises co-workers were very perfacesional place was fun and nice place to work
Pros
friendly place
Cons
health benifitates
I was able to learn new things about working in a different type of Security position.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 24, 2015
When I worked for Pinkerton I was hired to work for one of their contracted sites located in Sunnyvale,Ca. I was not sure what to expect when entering the site because it was the first time that I have ever been hired to work at a government facility. I enjoyed the work and was able to get great experience. The management was great. My co workers really made it feel like a team base place and everyone was great at helping train the new people. I learned a lot of new skill and was able to take away a lot from this job.
Pros
Was able to obtain Top Secret Security Clerance
Cons
Overtime was manditory at random
Pinkerton Good/Securitas Bad
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working for Pinkerton. They were my first and favorite Security company to work for. Good People, Good Management, Good Work, Good Pay, and Good Training. I became A.C.T. Certified in Security through them. Then Securitas bought them out and every thing went down the drain from there. To keep it simple I have nothing good to say about Securitas.
Pros
Pinkerton Good
Cons
Securitas Bad
great experience fro my Future.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 9, 2015
The company was excellent they're nation wide and it was great!
It was good work experience to gain forever to be employed.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
it was perfect
Enjoyed CPO training
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 28, 2014
Management was good
Assigned post close to home
Coworkers were great
Company that I was assitgned to treated us like family
Good company
Access Control Specialist/ Certified Guard Force (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Good company to work for. I have nothing bad to say about it. Looking for more growth.
Worst security company in the business
Agent/ Personal Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
This company is by far the worst security company in the business. They promote incompetent management who do not know how to handle situations or a team. The regional Vice President of the Dallas area is deceptive in his hiring practices as he leads employees to believe there is a future in the company only for the new hire to find that there are no full time positions in the Dallas portfolio. Not just are there none available, there are none period. Then they can't even uphold their end of their job offers. They do not believe in managing from a positive standpoint and they constantly lie and cover up the actions of their management team. They even go as far as to falsify complaints and evidence against employees as retaliation for employees filing a formal complaint with the human resources department in a successful attempt to terminate the complaining employee. Furthermore, this company is a subsidiary of Securitas and this explains why this company is so bad. The turnover for both of these companies is extremely high and the support, ethics, professionalism, and courtesy is by far the worst I have been associated with in my 20 plus years in the law enforcement and security industry. I would highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Cons
Unethical practices, deceptive hiring, incompetent and fraudulent management, employee support, turnover rate, and all around company.
Great atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJune 18, 2014
Working for Pinkerton, was a nice experience because of the people who worked there. Everyone always showed up to complete the task at hand, which translated into a great experience on the line.
Pros
Great atmosphere people were willing to help if needed.
Cons
Never enough work to keep busy.
Not For Me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 5, 2014
I worked hard daily for the company but the company did not care about ME, Had 2 family emergencies during my time with Pinkerton.

1) wife rushed to ER while pregnant. and 2) sister in car accident on different months. In both cases I was never informed until after work.
Pros
Made money
Cons
everything
Horrible
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 11, 2013
The work conditions are horrible for the pay. The necessary tools needed to be successful are not provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinkerton. Our community is ready to answer.