Pinkerton Employee Reviews

No review
Senior Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 5, 2017
No day is the same. It is the nature of a private investigative position to constantly change work load and requirements. No one will ever divulge private investigative experience because of state law.
Beautiful office building
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2017
A typical day at work involved signing into your computer and phone to take incoming calls regarding unethical issues in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in such a beautiful building. The hardest part of the job for me was the distance to and from work.
Pros
Office setting and atmosphere
Cons
Distance to and from work.
my first time doing security
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
I had a sit down job and also a job where I was also able to get exercise and the great people I met. The managers where ok and was easy to work with.
Pros
first time in security
Professionals
Executive Protection Consultant/Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2017
This is a really great company to work for. They have a great system and will assist with anything you need to make your goals. Great job apply soon..
Good Company
Enhance Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2017
The company has a long history and great benefits. Pay is well. Only issue was with Human Resource but it looks like they fixed that issue as of now.
It was a good starting point for my career
Security Guard Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2017
I was actually hired by the assistant building manager of the downtown high-rise. He then called up the account manager for Pinkerton and told him to put me on the payroll. I learned a lot of good stuff from the people there as they were all handpicked to work there. The assistant building manager was a former fire fighter from a city up north and he had close ties with the local police & fire departments here. I had to learn everything about that 35 story building. Also had to work closely with all the different tenants. It was a good first security job. Helped me move on to work with the prison system.
Pros
Good atmosphere, good people, chance to learn and promote
contract security
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2017
The overall job was fun and challenging. However, contract security is a roller coaster and can be stressful to ensure contracts are maintained. Unfortunately, at the management level the contracts are not negotiated.
Pinkertons was a very good company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2017
Pinkerton's has a long security history starting doing railroad security before the civil war. I was a security lieutenant at some security sites. By working hard for the company did mean promotions.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
low pay
I got blown up
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2017
I miss it, but I sometimes remember that people with learning disabilities were my boss. Getting shot at wasn't the high point of my career, either. But, like I said, I miss it.
Good Job
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 27, 2017
This was a good company to work for. The management was very helpful. It later became Securitas. I would still like to work for this company, but no such luck.
Lot of hours
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2017
you work a lot of hours and the pay is not great but the people I worked with was great. they made it easy to come to work everyday. they would also call you late after your late shift to work an early one. they did not care about your sleep.
Pros
the people
Cons
low pay
Good work experience
Undercover Agent/ Executive Protection (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I have enjoyed my experience and opportunities given to me working for Pinkerton. I started as an undercover agent giving me insight into becoming a better investigator and putting me on a path to get to my life goals.
Pros
Ability to learn and embark on new opportunities
Cons
Not always a set sched
Avoid at all costs
Team Lead and Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 6, 2017
The work keeps you busy, however the management is extremely poor and compensation is at a minimum. There is zero incentive to succeed, promotions are only available for a select few in certain circles. Extremely unprofessional with no bonuses, no pay scale, no yearly increase. They can fire without notice and without reason. If you're efficient, you'll be given more work without extra pay. No HR manager in the company, so all complaints go through director and are ignored. This would be a good place to work if it were managed correctly and it offered some sense of competitive compensation.
Pros
The work is interesting and will keep you busy, and overtime is usually available.
Cons
Little benefits, little compensation, no bonuses.
was part time and took over as full time
seargent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Was over a regular post as well as doing field inspections of posts and covered when I needed to.only left do to the fact that I was working 80 hrs per week and got totally worn out
Pros
good place to work
Cons
Too many hours
Not much room for growth
Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
The company is great. A typical day is checking ID of all people entering the building. Ensuring all fire safty equipment is working. Monitor all floors including roof tops of buildings.
Pros
Flex schedules
Cons
Management not always available when needed.
Nice productive place to work
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 29, 2016
In my experience working with pinkerton was a very good i enjoyed working for this company becuase of tbe location of the sites and tne nice people who worked there as well .
Pros
Nice and friendly people and good benefits
Cons
easy job to do. quiet environment
monitor cameras, foot patrolling (Former Employee) –  Springfield massDecember 28, 2016
Sharp uniform and professionalism Will get you to higher level. Different shift come in handy when you help others. I never had an issue with
Changing hours with another security officer.
Security Officer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  McClean, VADecember 23, 2016
Pinkerton is an excellent company to work for and they provide excellent growth opportunities for their guards. The team environment is strong and the extra hours for work are greatly appreciated.
Excellent opportunities
Intern (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
As an intern I have been able to develop my skills in order to make myself marketable for the corporate world. The team has done an outstanding job at this and has continued to develop me even after completion of the program.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Need more instructors
High Level Stress
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 11, 2016
It's a lifestyle not a job.
Assignments always vary and give great opportunities to learn something new everyday.
The ops specialist is in the field 50% of the time while still managing other assignments.
Pros
You are your own time manager
Cons
The motto is true- We never Sleep

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinkerton. Our community is ready to answer.