Pinkerton

Pinkerton Employer Reviews

Enjoyed CPO training
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Marlton, NJOctober 28, 2014
Management was good
Assigned post close to home
Coworkers were great
Company that I was assitgned to treated us like family
Good company
Access Control Specialist/ Certified Guard Force (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Good company to work for. I have nothing bad to say about it. Looking for more growth.
Worst security company in the business
Agent/ Personal Protection Officer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2014
Cons: unethical practices, deceptive hiring, incompetent and fraudulent management, employee support, turnover rate, and all around company.
This company is by far the worst security company in the business. They promote incompetent management who do not know how to handle situations or a team. The regional Vice President of the Dallas area is deceptive in his hiring practices as he leads employees to believe there is a future in the company only for the new hire to find that there are no full time positions in the Dallas portfolio. Not just are there none available, there are none period. Then they can't even uphold their end of their job offers. They do not believe in managing from a positive standpoint and they constantly lie and cover up the actions of their management team. They even go as far as to falsify complaints and evidence against employees as retaliation for employees filing a formal complaint with the human resources department in a successful attempt to terminate the complaining employee. Furthermore, this company is a subsidiary of Securitas and this explains why this company is so bad. The turnover for both of these companies is extremely high and the support, ethics, professionalism, and courtesy is by far the worst I have been associated with in my 20 plus years in the law enforcement and security industry. I would highly recommend seeking employment elsewhere.
Great atmosphere
Material Handler (Former Employee), Niles, MIJune 18, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere people were willing to help if needed.
Cons: never enough work to keep busy.
Working for Pinkerton, was a nice experience because of the people who worked there. Everyone always showed up to complete the task at hand, which translated into a great experience on the line.
Not For Me
Security Officer (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 5, 2014
Pros: made money
Cons: everything
I worked hard daily for the company but the company did not care about ME, Had 2 family emergencies during my time with Pinkerton.

1) wife rushed to ER while pregnant. and 2) sister in car accident on different months. In both cases I was never informed until after work.
High rise building
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2014
Patrol building, monitor fire panels and secure building after business hours.
Horrible
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), Suffolk, VADecember 11, 2013
The work conditions are horrible for the pay. The necessary tools needed to be successful are not provided.
Very busy all the time
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2013
Pros: great experience for the future.
Cons: showing up to work only to discover that the company closed its doors for business.
I would undergo debriefing from the previous shift and pass it along to my night crew. I would conduct nightly inspection of client space. I would issue training as needed and go over incident reports and shift progression forms. Management was not good at all. All the other staff were just sitting ducks. The hardest part of this job was the lack of communication. The most important and enjoyable part of this job was that it proved to me what I was capable of. This was my first supervisory position and I was promoted to shift supervisor less than four months of employment.
Easy and very relaxed.
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Norcross, GANovember 12, 2013
Pros: very relaxed atmosphere, the job was easy
Cons: had to work all weekends and holidays
This was a very stress free job. I worked in a secure building. I worked the midnight shift. It was so quiet that it allowed me to catch up on my studies while attending college.
Positive Attitude
security (Current Employee), Lanham, MDOctober 20, 2013
Front desk sigin in and out badges . Gretting clients as they walk in the bulding.
Awesome place to work
Office Services Administrator (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: take home car and travel a lot.
Cons: lond days sometimes.
Learn a lot about management while working there. Prepared me for the future.
variety of sites
Security Officer (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: hours available
Cons: hard to advance
The job itself was basically easy, as we were always a visible presence. Co-workers worked as a team. The worst part of the job was the pay.
A very ACTIVE job Post
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJAugust 13, 2013
Cons: never any reliable guards were sent. only very few.
At Overnite transportation, i was to log in/ log ot trucks, check the seals, check to see that PROPER employees were coming into plant. open and close main gate. Authorize overtime when needed. Work overtime when needed. submit by fax empolyee payroll to main office. Do detex tours and submit that log to main office. Maintain company communication between client and company. Notify main office of client's complaints about guards-- when caught sleeping or leaving the main gate wide open.
Good comp plan and benefits. High pressure, high responsibility.
Gold Coast Area Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CA.July 25, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: high pressure, management by intimidation. (opinion)
Pinkerton was a great Security company. Started by Allen Pinkerton. (The same Allen Pinkerton who started the U.S.Secret Service under Pres. Abraham Lincoln)
Pinkerton's philosophy was, "Take care of your customers and employees and you'll make money".
Pinkerton was purchased by Swedish company, Securitas. (They did not share this philosophy)
Very good place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Roanoke, VaJuly 9, 2013
Very organized and efficient. Very professional company. Was very clear about objectives and what is expected of you.
was nice to work with them
HR Admin Assistant (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAApril 30, 2013
was good and I learned a lot ..always I add knowledge and management was good, co workers was nice and I enjoy working with them
alright company
Helper (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 11, 2013
miss communication, office to far from sites, better than tho management
God job, for a security position
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSOctober 15, 2012
Pros: plenty of "alone time, " decent hours and working conditions
Cons: benefits were not so great, some sites were hazardous
Typically, work was late at night or during times when no one was present at the facility, so there was a lot of alone time. Management was easy to get along with and there was good opportunity for advancement. Occasionally, two officers would be paired at a location for safety reasons.
Productive fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2012
Pros: working at jerry springer
To check all guest ids entering the jerry springer show, give speech of do's and don'ts and escort them to the studio.
As long as you can learn something every day, the day is not wasted.
Site supervisor (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: learned lots and had a very professional office.
Cons: new management and plant politics.
The Security office was the focal point of the plant. We greeted visitors, answered all the phone calls and transferred them , sorted and delivered mail, backed up the warehouse, checked insurance and approvals for entering the plant and were in charge of the badging system.
I did the time sheets and scheduling, used Outlook and Excel, ordered supplies and kept the conference room stocked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the people that came in.
The hardest part of the job was having to write up counseling reports for repeat violations. I was good at verbally correcting my Officers when things were not handled correctly, but not so good on paperwork, and being on call 24/7.
I learned a lot about the EHS role in a chemical plant. I have MARSEC and some DOT training.
At times it was challenging and very busy and I loved it.

About Pinkerton

Pinkerton traces its roots to 1850 when Allan Pinkerton founded the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. Today, Pinkerton offers – Read more