Primary role of this position is to provide daily administrative oversight and coordination for the Wind Turbine Technician program for the Online campus of the Pinnacle Career Institute system, provide guidance in the development of coursework, lab setup and equipment and teach a minimum of one on-site and/or on-line class in the program.
Primary role of this position is to provide daily administrative oversight and coordination for the Wind Turbine Program across all campuses of the Pinnacle Career Institute system.
- Teach a minimum of one course in the program.
- Participation in short and long range planning and evaluation for facilities design related to programming needs, equipment needs, instructional, and staffing needs.
- Provide instructional leadership for the program.
- Actively engage in community outreach and provide support for other outreach activities for all campuses where needed.
- Maintains a file of current master syllabi for all instructors in all classes
- Performs the evaluation of program faculty following established policy.
- Assumes a responsibility for keeping faculty informed about institutional matters
- Reports personnel absences to the appropriate Director of Education.
- Participates in the informal resolution of conflicts between students and faculty
- Assists the Director of Education during the first week of instruction in the coordination of
normal first week activities; i.e., room changes, last minute instructor no-shows, aiding
students, etc. for the evening, day and Flex-ed program.
System Duties for System Program Chair
- Lead faculty to engage and lead Program Review process for the program.
- Facilitate textbook/supplies change discussions and manage that process through the DOE and Academic Quality Committee.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate the program assessment data on a regular and ongoing basis. Use this data to incorporate and support any change requests to the program.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the development and/or expansion of existing or new curriculum ventures related to the program.
- Actively support faculty throughout the system in professional development activities related to growth in the professional area either through assisting with the development of training modules in cooperation with HR and the CAO or assisting in locating guest speakers where appropriate.
1. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Chief Academic Officer.
2. Participate in professional development activities for faculty and Directors of Education. This individual will serve on college committees that support the goals and objectives of the institution.
1. Bachelor’s degree required or in lieu of degree, 8 years in field experience would be acceptable.
2. Three (3) to Five (5) years of increasing responsibility in the field of wind turbine installation and repair.
3. Experience and knowledge of OSHA compliance and ANSI is a plus
4. Knowledge of electro-mechanical skills, hydraulic and pneumatic skill sets is a requirement.
5. Knowledge of training or teaching is considered a plus
6. A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations
7. A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
8. Ability to collaborate effectively with college departments and cross-functional teams
9. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
Pinnacle Career Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering multicultural diversity in its faculty, staff and students. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. To learn more about our institution, visit us at www.pcitraining.edu.