Pinnacle Entertainment Employee Reviews

Had a blast working for thes folks
Maintenance Engineer Level I (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 27, 2017
Pinnacle Entertainment is an American gaming and hospitality company. It operates sixteen casino properties, located in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Ohio,
This is a company of entertainment. If you love people you will love Pinnacle
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJune 8, 2017
If you like meeting new people, this is the place to be. If you are not a people person, then you are in the wrong business. Don't get me wrong, it can have it's down side when you get rude unappreciated guest. For example, you will have guest that will try to curse you out because they are loosing. They act like it's your fault, but you as a dealer know it's not your fault because you didn't make them put their money on the table. :)
Pros
All about entertainment, what I enjoy
Cons
Too much smoking, it needs to be a none smoking environment
Great enviornment and great management
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 5, 2017
Learned team work and great communication skills with others. Fantastic work environment and very supportive management team. Lots of benefits from working here.
Pros
Free movies, discounted concessions
Cons
Open everyday a year
Pinnacle has phenomenal values and a great standard of excellence. That being said, their standard oof excellence does not carry over to their team.
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2017
Great company if you need a stepping stone to another company. Pinnacle is 2nd to none for guest service, the company however does not instill the same quality of service to the team.
Pros
Free lunch, decent health-care
Cons
Poor checks and balances over leadership.
Good work environment
Present Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOFebruary 14, 2017
Pinnacle Entertainment is a good place to work for with a lot of advancement opportunities. There are many careers within the company that are available so you can move around until you find your niche.
Hardworking, Laughter and Sour egos
Auditor/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSFebruary 6, 2017
My day starts with either picking up paperwork or fixing meters. As the day proceeds audit assignments are already divided out. Sorting through paperwork depending on what your were auditing determines how much stress you will encounter. Management has its moments, one person can create an unnecessary flow of paranoid behavior. We work with some managers and some we work around them. The most cool part about the job is the joy and zeal that each team member projects. We know when to be serious and know when to be cool. The culture does a lot for the employees showing how much you are appreciated. The hardest part of the job is the team leaders who hold the department back because of their attitudes. I learned data entry, posting, reporting to corporate and how assist other departments.
Pros
Parking and lunch is amazing
Cons
Health insurance always changing and PTO is tight
Great Growth Opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  East Chicago, INJanuary 29, 2017
There is no such thing as a typical day since everyday is full of new experiences in the gaming industry. With the right leaders you will be able to advance far in your career with Pinnacle Entertainment. Management is caring and the culture is team member-focused. The most difficult part of the job is not taking things too personally, as customers can be exceedingly difficult to please in this high-stress environment. Most people that you work with and service are truly good, kind people and you will enjoy your job.
Pros
healthcare, team member appreciation events and rewards, salary
Cons
Dealing with people that have lost money, increasing responsibilities with little direction
Internship
Talent Recruiter / Internal Auditor (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 23, 2016
Completed my internship here, started as an internal auditor and moved to Human Resources. They try to keep you if you are a hard worker.
Family
CORPORATE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2016
From the minute you walk in you feel the culture of family. Kindness and caring.Community philanthropy. Trust. Pay for performance. Team work. Fast paced environment.
Good work environment.
Hotel Manager (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 17, 2016
My only comment has to do with General Manager I worked under. Not comfortable with diverse environment. Co-workers were great, upper management didn't do enough to support them however.
Pros
Enjoyed working with staff and clients.
Cons
Not enough mangement training to support mid-level managers.
Exciting Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 22, 2016
No one day is the same. Opportunity is abundant and so is employee engagement. Great employer if you're looking to grow with a company.
Pros
Development
Exceptional growth company
Vice President Culinary/F&B Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2016
Worked on the expansion and quality improvement of the Food Service Division
Expansion of Revenue Steams
Recruitment of talent in all Skill Level Positions
Very growth oriented Senior Leadership Team
Pros
Excellent talent in leadership positions
Cons
Underfunded in several key areas
Great place to work.
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 20, 2016
I started at Ameristar two years ago and have enjoyed the challenges and learning opportunities. The management is very proactive in advancing your career there. I have been encouraged to take part in the coaching training and leadership development programs, both of which I have taken. My coworkers are fun and knowledgeable and make going to work enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is probably the day to day challenges that pop up. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
$2.50 lunches, health care, advancment opportunities
Great Work Place but not flexable.
My Choice Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJuly 15, 2016
Great benefits and happy environment but kiss holidays and family time good bye as expected in the casino business of course. As well you can get written up for sick days so if you are sick come in and let them send you home.
Pros
Free lunchs, Medical, Happy People, Upbeat, Progressive
Cons
No sick days
Great advancement!
Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you're a hard worker without a degree looking to advance within the company ranks. Very demanding job, however, and this made it near impossible to return to college while working.
Productive Workplace Enjoyable People
Professional Limo Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company and would recommend other people to this company. I have more than 10+yeards in the Entertainment industry with guest relations experience and supervisory experience.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 9, 2016
The company is a good company to work for the pay is decent, depending on job title the hours are pretty secure. I disliked the department I worked in (Housekeeping) the executive supervisor is un-professional and she doesn't know how to talk to or treat her employees. She doesn't actively assist her employees at all....She sucks!!!!
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Too many rooms, you have to pay for lunch that's payroll deducted
Stay away from jackpot, nv!!!!
F&B (Former Employee) –  Jackpot, NVMarch 8, 2016
Worst place I ever worked......Worst leader in the vp of operation....Hypocrite....Liar.....And a manipulator......Extremely poor overall leadership.....
Pinnacle Entertainmnet
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2016
I work as an IT Sr. Systems Analyst and have been on the job for about one year. The Lauberge Casino and Hotel in Baton Rouge is a nice facility with nice people.
Pros
New casino
Cons
corporate rules and culture, must work all holidays, no overtime pay
great company
senior staff accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed my work at Avery. The shared service center was moved to India. The environment was relaxed and my co-workers worked really well together
Pros
good benefit and compensation package
Cons
shared service center moved to India