Pinnacle Entertainment Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 20, 2016
I started at Ameristar two years ago and have enjoyed the challenges and learning opportunities. The management is very proactive in advancing your career there. I have been encouraged to take part in the coaching training and leadership development programs, both of which I have taken. My coworkers are fun and knowledgeable and make going to work enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is probably the day to day challenges that pop up. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
$2.50 lunches, health care, advancment opportunities
Great advancement!
Slot Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 8, 2016
This is a great company to work for if you're a hard worker without a degree looking to advance within the company ranks. Very demanding job, however, and this made it near impossible to return to college while working.
Productive Workplace Enjoyable People
Professional Limo Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 11, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company and would recommend other people to this company. I have more than 10+yeards in the Entertainment industry with guest relations experience and supervisory experience.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 9, 2016
The company is a good company to work for the pay is decent, depending on job title the hours are pretty secure. I disliked the department I worked in (Housekeeping) the executive supervisor is un-professional and she doesn't know how to talk to or treat her employees. She doesn't actively assist her employees at all....She sucks!!!!
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Too many rooms, you have to pay for lunch that's payroll deducted
Stay away from jackpot, nv!!!!
F&B (Former Employee) –  Jackpot, NVMarch 8, 2016
Worst place I ever worked......Worst leader in the vp of operation....Hypocrite....Liar.....And a manipulator......Extremely poor overall leadership.....
Pinnacle Entertainmnet
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2016
I work as an IT Sr. Systems Analyst and have been on the job for about one year. The Lauberge Casino and Hotel in Baton Rouge is a nice facility with nice people.
Pros
New casino
Cons
corporate rules and culture, must work all holidays, no overtime pay
great company
senior staff accountant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed my work at Avery. The shared service center was moved to India. The environment was relaxed and my co-workers worked really well together
Pros
good benefit and compensation package
Cons
shared service center moved to India
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2016
great co-workers, fun and exciting environment, great opportunities, they promote from within, competitive wages
The hardest part of this job is that it is very competitive and people are always wanting to move up and will do anything to get there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
MGC
Gained invaluable experience with the integration and systems conversions to merge Pinnacle and Ameristar. Worked with fantastic project teams.
Director Payroll Operations (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2015
Every day was busy and full of multiple tasks or projects. Management was very conscious of the heavy workload and put forth a lot of effort to keep team member morale high, offering much support and team building events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and the property teams.
Love working there and plan on going back later on in life
Lady of L'Auberge (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 20, 2015
The worst thing I dealt with was the hours. I worked every weekend all weekend and every holiday, but it is a casino and it was expected before hiring on. Also, the late nights do take some getting used to. If you work hard it is easy to make a name for yourself and move up. The managers and supervisors are amazing. I had a great experience working here. I worked in retail there also and loved it more than anything. Retail is a great department to work in, but the casino floor and tip jobs are where you would want to go if you're looking for a job with pay.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
You work when everybody else is off pretty much
Entertaining
Retail Sales Associate/Barback (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at L'auberge du Lac. I was able to meet many different people from all over the world. I was always learning new things on how to do my job.
FUN and GIVING
Table Games Dealer/ Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2015
I didnt realize it at first but pinnacle is the best casino company to work for. As a dealer, we got away with murder. Things you would often get written up for was allowed to do. I didnt realize this until i started talking to dealers from other casino. We use to get tipped a lot and i didnt notice that was because of all the promotion they sent out to get the players coming back everyday. I got away with saying things to guest that would get you fired. My floor would even back me up a lot of the times. Pinnacle is one of those companies that understand if you take care of the employees, the employees will take care of the guest. We all know that is what its all about. the only reason i left was because i wanted my life back. working overnight and every weekend and holiday was not a fit for me. this has nothing against the company. i am the one who signed up for it.
Pros
money, benefits, managers
Cons
overnight shift
It could have been a wonderful place to work
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2015
Previous HR Business Partner who loved the job duties....but management soon wiped out any motivation team members had. The head of HR is HORRIBLE worst ever HR "professional" I have ever encountered in 25 years of working in HR. The head of training was dangerous and malicious and the two of them ruined the HR department as well as morale throughout the casino.
Pros
Fun entertaining environment
Great Place to work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 3, 2015
I loved my time with this company supervisors and higher were amazing and there were many great benefits however my manager directly above me were manipulative and took advantage of workers and threatened us with termination.
Pros
Free Lunches Great discounts in retail shops
Cons
Work culture is great versus the other casino companies - you're given the right amount of time and space to complete work in a low pressure setting
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2015
The culture at Pinnacle Entertainment is better than most other casino companies, there's a sense that work should not be rushed if it's not going to be a value add, or if it's going to be flawed in one way or another. Deadlines are rare here and there's more of a focus on quality rather than getting something out the door.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Little room for advancement
I really enjoyed working here!! Fun Job, Nice People, Great Atmosphere...
South Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs. I really enjoyed it! It was unfortunate that I was laid off, but I'm grateful for the experience and the L'auberge Baton Rouge HR Department.
Pros
I loved working here!!
Cons
Laid off
server/ housekeeping /prer cook
cook (Former Employee) –  st. Louis MOMay 31, 2015
I have the skills you are looking for to work this job. I have work for pinnacle before, but as a temporary worker. I worked in the costume area and costumer services. Sometimes I was even laundry room service.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Cons
breaks
Disorganized Workplace and Leadership
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
There is no typical day to describe at Pinnacle, but giving sub-par customer service to casino guests is frequent and accepted. Employees who have poor grammar and spelling are in frequent written communication with guests and provide a poor image to guests.
Pros
paid lunches, on-site complimentary beverages, proximity to starbucks
Cons
no cafeteria on site, unusual pay schedule
Fun working environment working in a place where people come to play
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of opening table games by checking each deck of cards and counting the bankroll of each game. Then, I oversaw the dealers while they dealt each game usually six games at a time. I handled dealer/player disputes along with awarding compensations to players based on their play. I interacted with the players and the dealers in a positive way as to ensure a positive work environment and building relationships with the guests building the client base for the casino. Then at the end of the day, I would close each table by counting the bank role of each table and ensuring each table was securely locked and everything was in it's proper place. Most of the management were pleasant and my co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was having to resolve customer disputes that continued to escalate regardless of my efforts. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I received from ensuring the environment was enjoyable for my players and dealers.
Pros
great compensation package including salary while doing something i enjoyed
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement
Improvements Needed
Food Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton rouge, LaJanuary 10, 2015
Management does not handle situations the way they should. They let a lot of people start a lot of confusion, and never put an end to the problems. They have favorites in my workplace, which is not fair! I have learned to deal with different types of people without letting their actions get to me. The best part of my job, i met some nice, caring people well let me say friends. If management was more effective and fair the workplace would be awesome, but everywhere you go there will always be that one crazy person but you have to be bigger than them and keep doing your job the correct way!
Pros
incentives for workers
Cons
they have their picks and chooses

2.9