Pinnacle Entertainment

Pinnacle Entertainment Employer Reviews

Daily work events
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jackpot, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee oriented
Cons: travel
My work day consisted of walking on average 6miles, watching out for guests who were underage, had had to much to drink and were sleeping on the floor or possibly becoming a distraction to other guests having a good time and in checking roooms on all floors. I was also involved in transporting large amounts of money from the bank to the tables and walking guests from the floor to the bank if need be, to collect their winnings.
Productive and intense work atmosphere but fun
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), 8930 Howard Hughes Parkway, Las Vegas, NvNovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work is to organize your tasks and hit the floor running. I learned that a little thank you and I appreciate you goes a long way. Management was supportive. My co-workers work well together. Nothing was too hard, everything was routine with minor adjustments here and there. Posting payroll by deadline was the most enjoyable part of the job.
There is a Pool table in the breakroom
Dealer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2014
Pros: $2.50 for all you can eat
Cons: dealing with the public
I deal cards at a Casino, so i work with people all day. My co-workers are nice most of them. The rude ones don't make us any tips. And they get more hours then me. The hardest part of my job is physically taking peoples money from them daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is when people win. :) But then they don't give you any money on blackjack they're just like thanks for the $900 bucks. I don't get my 40 hours a week and no overtime that is why I'm looking for a new job.
Money is the Motive
Hostess (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: can pick up shifts
Cons: no chance for growth
All anyone seems to care about is making money. I find it hard to do my job when I can not rely on my coworkers to follow protocol because an opportunity presents itself for them to make more money.
Perfect atmosphere
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2014
Great place to work. Awesome people. Never the same day twice. Very enegetic.
Productive, nice place to work, people are good to work with.
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2014
Verify inventory in the warehouse, also verify invoices for A/P on a daily basis. My day may consist of filing, contacting vendors, assist warehouse team when needed.
Work with management on a daily basis. Good people to work with, fun company to work for, month end can be exhausting at times only because so many deadlines to meet for the most part my job is pretty simple.
typical work days
Main Banker (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 12, 2014
Fun times at pinnacle.... it is a great company where employees are treated fairly and nicely
Pinnacle Entertainment
Strategic Commodity Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Pros: nice parking garage
Cons: horrible location
Nice place to work, not a lot of opportunity to advance in my career. Enjoyed all my co-workers and my time there. Lost the Pinnacle culture after the Ameristar merger of 2013.
Horrible place, Horrible Pay, Horrible Discounts/Benefits
HR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
High Turn Over and team members are paid pennies. Unfair treatment by management. Will work you outside of your job description and overload you with work. River City Casino is not a good place to be employed. HR department is full of dysfunction.
Merged with Ameristar Casinos
Finance Administrative Manger (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2014
Merged with Ameristar Casinos, an excellent company with great values, people and atmosphere.
Lousy place to work for hard workers and contributors
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Harvey, LouisianaApril 2, 2014
Pros: great people working there
Cons: no idea who their best employees are and don't seem to care
Promotions based purely on who you know not what you know.
Company employs older employees but does not give them
equal consideration for advancement. Allows harassment of
whistlleblowers even if monitoring employees is part of your job.
Poor pay, double standards, constant cutbacks. Fire employees
at any time for any reason. Do not respect contributors or hard
workers.
Great career opportunity
Player Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 12, 2014
This largely growing casino company offers room for career growth
Don't play on why working in work area
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: 11:00 or 12:00 go where it got free lunch
Cons: take short when don't work to much
Came in on feb.21,2014 got number of
Bowl by computer left message let call for Interview
Or it ViA Indeed send to my phone let me send message feb.20,2014
Said two week call
Planning a Party
Casino Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: fast paced, exciting, great guests and co workers
Cons: reports to manager with no experince in department
I have learned much in my time in the casino business. I have enjoyed learning how to run many reports, plan and produce events of all types and sizes.
Great place to gain experience in life
Corporate Shared Services Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 18, 2013
Pros: able to wear jeans on friday's at the corporate office.
Cons: restructuring seems to be more of the rule than the exception to the rule.
A place to gain experience that can translate to advancement at other companies.
A good place to work with a team orientated atmosphere
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2013
Pros: training was always promoted, decent pay and benefits even in a "bad economy"
Cons: on call 24/7 due to nature of the gaming business and supporting several casinos
Day to day included working on new projects and technologies. Marketing and Operations projects usually dictated new software and other technology challenges on a regular basis.
Political type environment
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 8, 2013
Position at Pinnacle was great until changes took place over the last few years. Management wasn't as intellectual as the previous management/executive team from 2006 to 2010.
Challenging and rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MissouriAugust 16, 2013
Pros: company is committed to great guest service.
Cons: the hours are arduous.
Work day is always exciting. I'm always ready for new challenges and opportunities that may arise. Be they good or bad one must always remain flexible to be able to achieve the customer service goals of the department.
ok workplace...security is horrible!!!!!!!!!
former valet attendant (Former Employee), Saint louis, MOJune 30, 2013
Pros: free less supervision
Cons: bad food, human resource is horrible too!!!!
overall my experience working there was fun but was drama! co worker dislike you because they have problems and is unstable with themselves.
made enough money by tips only very beginning but as months rolled, tips were slow or no body wanted to tip. I hear they will sell casino downtown but i don't know.
food was horrible. cooks did not want do their jobs seems like they were only for getting paid.
as for valet pay should have been bit more than a bad pay and barley enough checks to get by. least the cashiers of valet made more and decent.
Great company!
Cashier (Former Employee), st. louis, MoMay 9, 2013
Working in the entertainment industry sure can be hectic and fast paced. you really gotta have a love for fast paced work. The management is great as well. The evironment is just fun in itself.