Pinnacle Entertainment Employee Reviews

It could have been a wonderful place to work
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Fun entertaining environment
Cons: Management
Previous HR Business Partner who loved the job duties....but management soon wiped out any motivation team members had. The head of HR is HORRIBLE worst ever HR "professional" I have ever encountered in 25 years of working in HR. The head of training was dangerous and malicious and the two of them ruined the HR department as well as morale throughout the casino.
Great Place to work
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches Great discounts in retail shops
Cons: Management
I loved my time with this company supervisors and higher were amazing and there were many great benefits however my manager directly above me were manipulative and took advantage of workers and threatened us with termination.
Work culture is great versus the other casino companies - you're given the right amount of time and space to complete work in a low pressure setting
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great culture
Cons: Little room for advancement
The culture at Pinnacle Entertainment is better than most other casino companies, there's a sense that work should not be rushed if it's not going to be a value add, or if it's going to be flawed in one way or another. Deadlines are rare here and there's more of a focus on quality rather than getting something out the door.
I really enjoyed working here!! Fun Job, Nice People, Great Atmosphere...
South Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2015
Pros: I loved working here!!
Cons: Laid off
This was one of my favorite jobs. I really enjoyed it! It was unfortunate that I was laid off, but I'm grateful for the experience and the L'auberge Baton Rouge HR Department.
server/ housekeeping /prer cook
cook (Former Employee), st. Louis MOMay 31, 2015
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: breaks
I have the skills you are looking for to work this job. I have work for pinnacle before, but as a temporary worker. I worked in the costume area and costumer services. Sometimes I was even laundry room service.
Disorganized Workplace and Leadership
Guest Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, on-site complimentary beverages, proximity to starbucks
Cons: no cafeteria on site, unusual pay schedule
There is no typical day to describe at Pinnacle, but giving sub-par customer service to casino guests is frequent and accepted. Employees who have poor grammar and spelling are in frequent written communication with guests and provide a poor image to guests.
Fun working environment working in a place where people come to play
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great compensation package including salary while doing something i enjoyed
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
A typical day of work consisted of opening table games by checking each deck of cards and counting the bankroll of each game. Then, I oversaw the dealers while they dealt each game usually six games at a time. I handled dealer/player disputes along with awarding compensations to players based on their play. I interacted with the players and the dealers in a positive way as to ensure a positive work environment and building relationships with the guests building the client base for the casino. Then at the end of the day, I would close each table by counting the bank role of each table and ensuring each table was securely locked and everything was in it's proper place. Most of the management were pleasant and my co-workers were wonderful. The hardest part of the job was having to resolve customer disputes that continued to escalate regardless of my efforts. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction I received from ensuring the environment was enjoyable for my players and dealers.
Improvements Needed
Food Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Baton rouge, LaJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: incentives for workers
Cons: they have their picks and chooses
Management does not handle situations the way they should. They let a lot of people start a lot of confusion, and never put an end to the problems. They have favorites in my workplace, which is not fair! I have learned to deal with different types of people without letting their actions get to me. The best part of my job, i met some nice, caring people well let me say friends. If management was more effective and fair the workplace would be awesome, but everywhere you go there will always be that one crazy person but you have to be bigger than them and keep doing your job the correct way!
Daily work events
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jackpot, NVDecember 16, 2014
Pros: employee oriented
Cons: travel
My work day consisted of walking on average 6miles, watching out for guests who were underage, had had to much to drink and were sleeping on the floor or possibly becoming a distraction to other guests having a good time and in checking roooms on all floors. I was also involved in transporting large amounts of money from the bank to the tables and walking guests from the floor to the bank if need be, to collect their winnings.
Productive and intense work atmosphere but fun
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), 8930 Howard Hughes Parkway, Las Vegas, NvNovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work is to organize your tasks and hit the floor running. I learned that a little thank you and I appreciate you goes a long way. Management was supportive. My co-workers work well together. Nothing was too hard, everything was routine with minor adjustments here and there. Posting payroll by deadline was the most enjoyable part of the job.
There is a Pool table in the breakroom
Dealer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2014
Pros: $2.50 for all you can eat
Cons: dealing with the public
I deal cards at a Casino, so i work with people all day. My co-workers are nice most of them. The rude ones don't make us any tips. And they get more hours then me. The hardest part of my job is physically taking peoples money from them daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is when people win. :) But then they don't give you any money on blackjack they're just like thanks for the $900 bucks. I don't get my 40 hours a week and no overtime that is why I'm looking for a new job.
Money is the Motive
Hostess (Current Employee), Lake Charles, LAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: can pick up shifts
Cons: no chance for growth
All anyone seems to care about is making money. I find it hard to do my job when I can not rely on my coworkers to follow protocol because an opportunity presents itself for them to make more money.
Perfect atmosphere
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2014
Great place to work. Awesome people. Never the same day twice. Very enegetic.
Productive, nice place to work, people are good to work with.
Inventory Control Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2014
Verify inventory in the warehouse, also verify invoices for A/P on a daily basis. My day may consist of filing, contacting vendors, assist warehouse team when needed.
Work with management on a daily basis. Good people to work with, fun company to work for, month end can be exhausting at times only because so many deadlines to meet for the most part my job is pretty simple.
typical work days
Main Banker (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOMay 12, 2014
Fun times at pinnacle.... it is a great company where employees are treated fairly and nicely
Pinnacle Entertainment
Strategic Commodity Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2014
Pros: nice parking garage
Cons: horrible location
Nice place to work, not a lot of opportunity to advance in my career. Enjoyed all my co-workers and my time there. Lost the Pinnacle culture after the Ameristar merger of 2013.
Horrible place, Horrible Pay, Horrible Discounts/Benefits
HR (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
High Turn Over and team members are paid pennies. Unfair treatment by management. Will work you outside of your job description and overload you with work. River City Casino is not a good place to be employed. HR department is full of dysfunction.
Merged with Ameristar Casinos
Finance Administrative Manger (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2014
Merged with Ameristar Casinos, an excellent company with great values, people and atmosphere.
Lousy place to work for hard workers and contributors
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Harvey, LouisianaApril 2, 2014
Pros: great people working there
Cons: no idea who their best employees are and don't seem to care
Promotions based purely on who you know not what you know.
Company employs older employees but does not give them
equal consideration for advancement. Allows harassment of
whistlleblowers even if monitoring employees is part of your job.
Poor pay, double standards, constant cutbacks. Fire employees
at any time for any reason. Do not respect contributors or hard
workers.
Great career opportunity
Player Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 12, 2014
This largely growing casino company offers room for career growth