Pinnacle Foods

Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

Productive work enviroment
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, TNApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed my job. I worked as a sanitation technician where I worked with others as a team. I enjoyed my co-workers because they were always there to help when needed.
fun but very demanding
Hand Packer (Former Employee), Imlay City, MIApril 1, 2015
Pros: multiple breaks, paid every week, lots of over time
Cons: killer on your back if you're tall
The only reason i was NOT able too do this job was because of my bad back. other than that the money was good the hours were good and there was always overt time available. ALWAYS
Not Bad
Case Packer (Former Employee), Centralia, ILMarch 31, 2015
The company as a whole seems to operate fairly well. The experience was rather fun, to be honest. I enjoyed what I did, and it was fairly straight forward. Sure I went home smelling like cake, but that is the worst thing I can say about it.
Lack of due diligence or employee recognition & promotion
Manager (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 28, 2015
Company has grown significantly. Many in senior management roles have gotten fired or let go, as there is blame for projects not going correctly, rather than recognition of systemic problems such as lack of resources or lack of due diligence. The company is generally slow to promote; common theme of employees not getting rewarded for delivering results.
Do not work at Fayetteville AR plant
Production (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMarch 10, 2015
Pros: Not any
Cons: Management
Worst Place have ever worked!!!!!!!!!!! You will regret the day you were hired until the day you leave. Working there is like a bad Lifetime movie.
not a good place for me
valasic pickle (Former Employee), Imlay City, MIMarch 7, 2015
Pros: you can switch shifts if you need some over time
Cons: your pushed all over the place. unorganized
didn't like this place was very unprofessional. no one told me where I needed to start or showed me around. I was all over the place.
Enjoyed working there everyday
General Laborer (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Start work at 4:30 pm till 2:30 in morning. Learned to operate many different machines. Worked well with management on daily basis .Got along with co-workers everyday. Learning some of the machine operation. Working with management an co- workers.
Wonderful group
Corporate Benefits Manager & Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: people & product
Cons: contract position
Loved working here. The people and the product and the culture are amazing. I would have stayed had a position in my expertise been available.

The mission of this company is to reinvigorate brands. So those wonderful food products you grew up - Duncan Hines, Aunt Jemima, etc are being repackaged and repurposed for today.
Fair work environment with overtime
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 1, 2015
Controlled work temperature with fair management. Learned how to allocate material in an efficient manner. Hardest part of the job is keeping tempo for over 12 hours a shift. Easiest part of the job is following regulation.
Making our goals and standing out as a whole to make our plant successful out of all the other plants associated with pinnalce
PRODUCTION LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 10, 2014
A typical day at pinnacle was always business the most important thing at the end of the day was production and making our goals,Although it sounds serious your day was what u made of it being the type of person that I am my personality made all my days lovely my interaction with my fellow workers made business a challenge,Our goals on our shift were to stand out and be the best out of all the other shifts that's what made it exciting to actually be at work.
Fast Pace and Fun
Line Member (Former Employee), Imlay City, MIAugust 8, 2014
The job was very fast paced. When you are on the line if you have people that know what they are doing you will catch on very fast. The most enjoyable part is being able to relate to the workers and they are very friendly, Its pretty easy to find a car pool to join also
Transportation Manager Dry BUSINESS (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJuly 21, 2014
Pros: alot of responsibility
Cons: lack of opportunity
the main issue I had with Pinnacle was the opportunity for advancement.
Productive, awesome work place with great products!
Package & Production Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, paid breaks, awesome co-workers
Cons: long shifts, poor management
A typical day at work Pinnacle Foods, is a day full of hard work. I learned how to operate machines and work along with others. My co-workers and I was a part of a high performance team. When a machine broke down we came together to get the machine back up and running in a timely matter. The hardest part of my job at Pinnacle was when people did not come in and perform up to their best abilities, that would make the job harder on the other co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was, working hard getting the job done correctly. When job is done and done right everybody are happy!
productive able to learn alot of new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJune 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: cold place to work
nice place to work you are able to learn alot of new things and work with alot of different people.
Overall good workplace
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 19, 2014
Pros: people, opportunities
Cons: cafe
It's been a good experience at Pinnacle Foods and it's a shame that we were recently purchased.
Fast-paced environment, fosters learning
Product Development- Innovation in Birds Eye Voila (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2014
Overall not a bad place to work. There is a lot a person can learn due to how lean the company is; it's up to you how much you make of it.
Nice productive workplace
M.A. Specialist (Former Employee), Jackson, TNMarch 16, 2014
Pros: worked in a team setting
Cons: overtime was based on whether or not you already had enough overtime hours.
Nice, productive workplace, inspected frozen produce coming on conveyor belt. Place quality produce in slots by stacks of 5, discarded any produce that did not meet standard dimensions.
Field Sales
Sales Director - Value Discount (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: good sales teams
Cons: very process focused
Daily interaction with customers and internal teams in Parsippany, NJ and Cherry Hill, NJ.

Overall culture is very good, but company went public in 2013 and that has changed certain behaviors.
Food Manufacturer
Office Manager (Former Employee), Mountain Lakes, NJOctober 30, 2013
Pros: i worked for the same manager for over 11 years.
Cons: when my job was eliminated the company did not look for a place i would transition into.
I worked with a supervisor for over 11 years and had mostly good reviews but when the position was being eliminated, nothing was done to find a place for me to continue my employment. This company is becoming "big business" and as such, is looking for the profit margin sometimes at the expense of employees. Most employees spend much time attending meetings and have to work hard to obtain their job requirements.

I enjoyed working with the people there an, as office manager, working to make their work days as problem free as I could.
terrible
SPC (Former Employee), Imlay City, MIOctober 17, 2013
I absoulutley hated working in this place. I cired the first week working there

Pinnacle Foods Salaries