Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews in United States

long hours in some departments
Sanitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 25, 2016
First group meeting beginning of shift make my department rounds clean warehouse of debris use scrubber to take care of floor in warehouse processing and packaging areas take care of dumpster area
supply chemical when needed to the food tech replace or repair water or air lines when needed this is done on a hourly basics when needed
fun and productive work envornment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 12, 2016
A typical day of work there is being like around family all day. I learned paper work skills and basic mechanical skills. the management was great everyone tried to help out if a line was broke you could always count on your manager to be there and help you get it going. The hardest part of the job was shut down at the end of the week. It just consist of a lot of work with only a few people doing it. The enjoyable part was when you know your putting out great quality product.
Pros
great breaks, paid lunch if you stay in the facility
Cons
sometimes have to work weekends if your product falls behind
Worst Place I've Ever Worked At
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 2, 2016
I've worked at many different companies but Pinnacle Foods Corporate office in NJ has been by far the worst. Oh let me just count the ways that makes this place toxic.
Terrible culture full of finger pointing, lack of support from upper management, and excessively uptight
Cheap company who can't pony up the money for more people or proper incentives. They run extremely lean so be prepared to do things that arent your job and then some. Be prepared to be constantly stressed out and unDer fire as astounding lack of systems and process for such a big company reek havoc on your life. Then while other competitors in the area get things like summer hours - we get vouchers to leave early on...wait for it...2 Fridays! After you work your 40 hours that week of course. Pay is decent for some positions but then you remember you work (and then likely live) in the highest taxed county in NJ.
Work life baLance sucks, I could work 7-5 and through lunch and still not get the barest recognition nor complete everything I need too.
No career development, and many managers (who don't have time to manage, develop or help you) aren't not educated on the process of promoting or developing their team.
There are some great people to work with but too bad no one is appreciated so you end up getting upset FOR your peers over the unreasonable expectations and amount of work.
The offices are nice but the open concept = not an ounce of privacy
The health insurance is terrible as the company is cheap and barely subsidizes, so it's expensive and you can still end up with out of pocket maximums of
  more... $20K. Who has that kind of savings?

Lastly at least they have free coffee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor work life balance, culture, healthcare etc. Super high turnover
Productive workplace with many opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
Packaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 28, 2016
I like working at Pinnacle because I learned many new skills about operating machinery, quality of product, quality of materials used to package product and skills to produce top quality product in short time frame. The hardest part of the job is to produce a top quality product under USDA guidelines but I enjoy trying to do this to the best of my ability.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Slow periods in production
Dont work here if you want to have a relationship with your family
Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Waseca, MNJuly 8, 2016
I worked in the waseca minnesota plant for 3 years, for 6 months out of the year I was required to work 7x10 shifts overnights and could only get time off as Leave of Absence or taking vacation time. I have 2 young children and I had to forgo coaching my son's baseball and hockey team, had to quit my bowling league and had to miss soccer games for my daughter. I missed school concerts and conferences, and when I would ask for time off it was always met with fristration, as if I was asking for a big favor. Communication is poor, and management does not care about the employees until an accident happens, then they band aid the problem and keep moving. Leads will take the first chance possible to step on you just to get a leg up. They will tell you one thing, then tell on you for doing it the way they said to do it. Don't even get me started on their insurance. It's a joke.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The company is a joke
Physical labor
Food Production Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montrose, IAJuly 5, 2016
this job was for one summer and everyday was hot and long. The compensation was good for the amount of time I worked there but as it was a summer job only, there was not option to move up the ladder.
working in cold environment waffle,pancakes, toast , fish
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 8, 2016
Good place to work, good benefits, management sometimes more concerned about them selves, instead of worker, but they have rule and guideline to follow. I love the workers we are family because we all spend a lot of time together. Hardest part of job working in very cold environment, enjoyable part of job you can get a break go to the break room and warn your hands and body
Okay
Pit Checker (Former Employee) –  Fennville, MIMay 28, 2016
Working at Pinnacle was an interesting experience. The money was good but the balance between my life and the job was not.The working conditions were not too bad though. We got 15 minute breaks every 2 hours and a 30 minute break for lunch. There would be special events too for lunch so it worked all out.
Pros
Breaks, Money
Cons
Life Balance
great place
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAMay 12, 2016
union and great place to work they let you work as much as you would like you can work 16 hour day is you want and the job isnt hard at all starting pay is very nice 14.75 and probation is only 90 working days.
Pros
great pay
Cons
non
Productive Work Place
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 5, 2016
I was all over the place. Never on one set job .
Management was in their own little worlds.
Co-Workers were very nice and good at what they did.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Busy fast paced firm organization
Brine Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIApril 14, 2016
typical day consists of working on a production line mixing ingredients while maintaining safety standards, friendly dependable management friendly caring co-workers most hardest part of the job is the uncompromising temperature conditions the most enjoyable parts of the job are the benefits and pay and the co-workers getting together for pot lucks over lunch
No room for growth
Transportation Analyst (LeanTMS (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 13, 2016
No room for growth and bad benefits. Very lean company that overworks their employees. Nice work environment other than management.
Horrible factory with awful people
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAApril 11, 2016
This is a place where the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" are painfully obvious. Management have nice offices and breakrooms. Laborers have a nasty, dirty, uncomfortable breakroom. But there is so little time to take a break it doesn't matter does it? The management thinks everything is great, the laborers are stressed about getting another "occurrence" and getting fired. The production environment is hot, smelly, "fast-paced" and relentless. The production workers are unpleasant, especially the shift supervisors. If you want to be treated like an indentured servant then go ahead and apply to work for this company, unless you get a management job. Management seems to be easy, breezy. You can eat all the chips you want while on the job, You can see this in the people who have worked there a while and not worked out because after therir shift they are too tired to move. Good benefit package though, if you can stand the job!
Pros
Good benefits, free chips
Cons
Hot, smelly, greasy. horrible co-corkers, clueless management
Nepotism rampant creating a cliquish work environment
Salaried (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIApril 4, 2016
At the floor level this is a great job. The people out in the plant actually doing the work (Shift Managers down to the hourly worker) are a great bunch of people who truly do carry out the values Pinnacle promotes. The senior management, on the other hand, do not value any of the promoted values and only give them lip service.

Opportunity to advance within this location are limited by nepotism and cliquish behavior. It does not matter how hard you work and how much knowledge you have if you do not have a friend or relative who is part of the clique that senior management has created, and if you have used candor with them you might as well forget ever moving upward.

It seems perfectly acceptable at this location to take credit for others work. It seems to be the way to be promoted in the culture created by senior management; they are so out of touch with most of the salaried staff that jumping up and down and saying look what I did is valued infinitely more than doing the work. It creates an environment that is hostile to those who actually do the work.

The hours are long but working with the people in the plant makes them enjoyable.
Pros
The work was enjoyable and satisfying
Cons
Nepotism, Cliquish management, Hostile environment
enjoy career opportunities
Pinnacle Foods (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 14, 2016
plenty hours and always on call for extra hours, management where great and always took care of anything that may have came up preventing me form be able to work least 40 hours weekly, which i loved because i wanted as many hours as possible while needed to take care of life out side of work.
Pros
hours
Good place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 13, 2016
This company has plenty of room for advancement but does not use in house talent like it should. A lot of opportunity to make a good living and has a descent work life balance.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of upward movement due to management hiring from outside.
it was open opportunity
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIFebruary 18, 2016
the job was an open opportunity, it was good to be able to work at pinaccle foods, and to be able to earn valuable income. The job site was neat and clean, and work was acceptable.
Pros
good job incentives and training
Cons
not very routine for new workers
Great Place to work
Processor of foods (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Very challenging work, financial restrictions are sometime barriers. The work is very interesting and you may need to work very closely to the auditors,
Pros
Cons
Financial Restrictions
Tough job but doable
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJanuary 31, 2016
The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the different work areas. Overall, the management team and coworkers were pleasant and helpful.
Excellent Culture
Sr. Manager of Corporate Safety (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Team environment, and the company exercises their values daily. Trust, Candor, Ownership..

My role is to support the day-to-day operations of the supply chain business function, to ensure the correct EHS Strategies are utilized/implemented.