Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

Different
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 17, 2017
We start with a daily meeting and give anyone a chance to ask or tell any issues or problems.
From there we gather all items we will need for the day.
Pros
some guest give tips
Cons
short break times
Something new every day
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 6, 2017
Company is slowly downsizing
they have lost 1/3 of their production. Job is rewarding and fun. People are great to work with and always friendly. Good benifits
Productive Clean, safe work place
Production Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome promotional opportunities throughout company. Friendly employees and a company that cares about all their employees. Must work 180 hrs through temporary service to be considered for full time employment.
Pros
Great health benefits
Good place to work, if you like decent pay with layoffs and overtime
Mixer / Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 3, 2017
I never saw a year without a layoff of no less than four weeks per year during my tenure at Pinnacle Foods. The longest was eight weeks, spread out throughout the year. The trade off was all of the overtime to be had. Even with the layoffs, I made more than $10k in overtime, over and above the 2080 hours for a standard work year. It was good pay for an honest day's work. Unfortunately, there was little work-life balance, as six day weeks, and sometimes all seven days, was a norm there.

Management tended to have a revolving door, all the way to the top spot in the plant. I believe I saw five different plant managers inside of a decade. The supervisors I had were all fair. I have no complaints.
Pros
Paid lunches, not clock watchers for breaks if you don't abuse it, sufficient autonomy to do your job with limited micromanaging, comprehensive benefits package
Cons
eliminated doubletime pay for seventh day, eliminated five-week vacation benefit for long tenured employees, excessive unecessary OT at times, mandatory vacation used during annual shutdown week, extended layoff periods
Right now going through a major lay-off
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 14, 2017
Overall a great place to work. The moral has been down due to the effect of current events that are happening. The people are great and are easy to work with.
working there was really interesting
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Millsboro,DelawareJune 8, 2017
every worker got respect for each other, that a cooler place.The Manager treat you right, that pushed us to work hard. They have zero tolerance policy. it was a safe place.
Poor worklife balance
Production Supervisor- Building 22 (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 7, 2017
No time off and does not seek to understand, No ownership, Management way does not accept input from others, Poor employee reconigistion or build a team atmosphere
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
The pay is good but the cost of insurance is ridiculous. Management does not work well with each other and are not team players. The company has cut back on spending letting the plants fall apart
Job was ok,got layed off after 6 months.Pay was good.Benefits were expensive..
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 5, 2017
was't too bad a place to work. prior to this maintenance had never had a lay off before. so I don't know what its going be like in the future. they did treat me well while I was there and gave a severance package upon leaving.
Enjoyed My Job, Management Killed Company
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 1, 2017
While employed at Pinnacle foods, I was able to see many advancements and many set backs. The corporate office works as though the factory is running at peak efficiency and does not look to see if they can improve or help the workers or the facility, until it is to late, and another company is trying to buy them.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Managment
They make cake
Layer Line Floater (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILMay 31, 2017
Worked ALOT of overtime. Management was only worried about numbers not about employees. Was mandated a lot and was treated poorly by management. Learned how cake goes into bags and boxes
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management
another great place to work and potential for growth
handpacker/Waterjet Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my time within this company and it is something that I would definitely do again if I were able but because it is outside of Flint and I do not have transportation right now,i am unable to.
Pros
Meeting tons of people, working good hours, learning different areas of the working enviroment.
Cons
It's only sesasonal work !!!!!!!
Stock price on rise but with growth pains
Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 24, 2017
Good people trying to make an impact but verge of burn out
Too lean and too many priorities
Limited decision authority resulting in churn
High turnover resulting in inexperience and mistakes
Productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 24, 2017
It's nice they get paid every week but some places inside the building are very cold and it's not worth the money that they are paying for you to be there
Productive place with productive people.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 22, 2017
I works a 8 to 12 hour day. Over my 17 years at Pinnacle I have learned to run some of the wrappers and paper work. The people that I work with, I feel as though we have became a family to the most part but working on the line with some I fill they could do better or be trained better but that's where management comes in. Some are trained too long and others not long enough. I think that's where poor management comes in. Over my years on the job a lot of new people has came into management and instead of them learning the rules or going by the rule book, they just make rules as they go. The hardest park of the job is feeling like if we have a problem, we have no one to really talk to cause when it's all said and done management thick together even if they're wrong or right. The best part is you can pretty must make as much money as you want if you'er will to put in the time
Pros
Paid holidays and vacations, off on holidays
Cons
Can't make plains, tell us we are going to be off then make us work at the last minute
Fast pace company and very focused workers
Sanitation(seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 20, 2017
I cleaned and sanitized machines according to company standards.Used material safety data sheet msds. I also had to make sure I took notes on anything I found during the process.
Pros
Sometimes we had dinners on other employees birthdays
Cons
Short breaks
Very Easy Job
Fish Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 20, 2017
This was the easiest job I have ever had. Most people do not like the processing department because they rather go to packaging. I think the reason is that packaging is a lot easier and less smellier. But if anyone had a restaurant job then they would take fish processing over anything.
Pros
Many breaks.
Cons
Unorganized and No life Outside of Work.
Productive,fun, some good ppl to work with
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 18, 2017
I really like it there met some awesome people there and some great friends. Work really isn't hard you just gotta wonna work and be able to stand for about two ta three hours between breaks.
horrible management team and supervisors
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 13, 2017
First off this company does not care about it's employee's​. They treat the employees (the ones that speak English) like indentured servants. 70% do not speak English. The only interest is production. This has caused major mechanical problems that they just want to slap duct tape on. The lack of communication skills and proper management has caused shutdowns forced by the FDA(Food and Drug Administration). Those are the people that make sure the food is safe to eat. There are very few employees that stay at this facility for more than a couple years.
Pros
Cons
communication, stress levels, cleanliness, safety, competaince
Very fast paced and fun to work at Pinnacle
Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 12, 2017
Really enjoyed working for Pinnacle and wish that I would not have left now.

The pay and benefits were great.

The management team was a real pleasure to work with/for.

The corporate office being based in New Jersey is a down-side due to high cost of living/taxes on the coast.

The manufacturing sites are fun to work at and lots of good employees at those locations.

Leadership at the very highest levels in the organization were somewhat disconnected from the plant locations, i.e. not really understanding of what needs were and direction/leadership was conflicting at times.

Very slow processes with regards to gaining approvals to spend any kind of money for projects.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Frustrating to deal with high level leadership