Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

good
Machine Operator / Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DE 19966October 16, 2017
This was the best job I ever had even though we had to work long and hard hours it was worth the hour and worth the pay it was a nice relaxing and sometimes good job
Pros
good pay
Cons
they shut down an relaoted to another state
Handpacker (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MISeptember 22, 2017
Faced paced but fun job to work at u get discounts on pickles and great benefits. Its a lifetime job if your a good worker. U can get hired in with in 60 days
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Some people are lazy
Good Co-workers and production managers, but poorly managed brand
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDSeptember 18, 2017
I had a great team of co-workers at Pinnacle. Most of the production managers were personable and good to work with.

The brand, however, has been poorly managed, which has resulted in layoffs.

The pay was very good for this type of work.
Pros
Great co-workers and pay
Cons
Poor brand management
pay is good but we were laid off without much notice
Product Deployer-Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 16, 2017
Enjoyed the job and pay was fair but did not appreciate being lied to about my job security and then surprised with the knowledge of a lay off. I was offered to move to the company headquarters but it would have been unfeasible due to time constraints and no relocation or cost of living adjustment
Fast pace
Sanitation Manger / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Darien, WISeptember 6, 2017
Pinnacle foods growth has exceeded it's ability to rise with innovation. At all times the company puts forth it's best efforts to gain momentum to sustain it's ever growing demands
Pros
Continuous Improvement
Cons
Treating Supervisor like regular employees
High paced stressful place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 5, 2017
First year was productive, but going into second year, we had problems due to company investors not being able to successfully do an IP. Leadership at the plant was one of the best and most capable I have ever been a member of. Real good people.

I became seriously ill, and decided to accept a termination package.
Company location is now closing due to NJ leadership/ownership making bad business decisions.
nice and clean
Package Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 28, 2017
Its a good place to work. Long 12 hours. Nice people to work with.Good insurance. Breaks are short.The hardest part of the job is they run the long to fast.
Very micro-managed business with little direction
Senior Director, Trade Marketing (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 24, 2017
Management is very bright, but narrow minded and tactical. The products are fantastic, and the innovation is stellar. Management micro-manages the little things, instead of focusing on strategy.
Pros
Products, excellent office facility
Cons
Work life balance
Great people
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 24, 2017
Fairly new factory so it's a little crazy right now. It's to be expected but they need to sort out the kinks before they lose everybody. The only problem is that corporate had a hiring freeze and they're are not enough people to run normally...take the freeze off! !!
Contractor position
Material Planner / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 23, 2017
I had no training, no objectives, and very little interaction with any kind of management. I completed every /any task on time, as requested, I was only there for three months, they had very unrealistic expectations. But they expected miracles.
Pros
not many.
Cons
work load in a short period and was unrealistic for a contract position.
was a fair place to work with awesome co workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIAugust 22, 2017
Management a little bit to be desired work was not hard training was ok bi lingual a bit harder for some employees hours were good working 7 days a week every week a bit hard on family life
Pros
good pay
Cons
long work weeks
Culture Change
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 18, 2017
Back when I worked at Pinnacle was on the stressful side each day as i had to deal with old machinery. Before I got hurt, Pinnacle was in the process of getting new equipment that was going to make life easier and boost production. I don't know how thing are there now, but things have to be better than when I was there. I loved the people I worked with. Just not the old machinery. I believe I would stiil be working there if I had not got hurt.
Great till they left...
Tray Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Fulton, NYAugust 16, 2017
this was a excellent place to work, they inherited a great team of workers and when a chance came they left us for a better tax deal i n another state
Its a calm settle job
Hand Packer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJuly 27, 2017
I liked it actually it was my second job it played good they people were nice an they made sure you understood what was going on everyone was very out going
Pros
Buy luch
Cons
We half a nice amount of time
No Advancement
Logistics Finance (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 25, 2017
Wasn't fond of the culture created in the very small office. The work was not very challenging, there was not room to advance seeing there were only 8 people in the office.
Very Hot.
Capper Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJuly 24, 2017
I guess being very hot was likely to be expected working a factory job. the hours were long but the pay was great, i would recommend, but nothing long term as this is usually just seasonal work.
Pros
Good money
Cons
very LONG hours, Temperature, Short breaks
Good job
Better opportunity (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAJuly 23, 2017
Good job to work at. Its a union environment. Its a 3 shift operation and has good opportunities for overtime if you want it. Sometimes even if you don't want it.
Different
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 17, 2017
We start with a daily meeting and give anyone a chance to ask or tell any issues or problems.
From there we gather all items we will need for the day.
Pros
some guest give tips
Cons
short break times
Something new every day
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 6, 2017
Company is slowly downsizing
they have lost 1/3 of their production. Job is rewarding and fun. People are great to work with and always friendly. Good benifits
Productive Clean, safe work place
Production Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 5, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome promotional opportunities throughout company. Friendly employees and a company that cares about all their employees. Must work 180 hrs through temporary service to be considered for full time employment.
Pros
Great health benefits