Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

good money
SPC (Weight Specialist) Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 24, 2017
very good pay, very strict absence policy even with doctor notes, Worked for a year and loved the pay, hard work but well compensated, hard to get on here.
Fast paced good compensation
Forklift Driver/Production line leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 23, 2017
The company is very fast paced but you get rewarded for the good job that you do. The hard work that you put in will be reconized with advancement in the company.
Pros
advancement compensation
Cons
work schedule
Solid Results in a fast paced environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2017
Good Culture and team but very lean in terms of resources, Business Planning for example. Innovation has been slow but there has been tremendous growth driven by acquisitions.
Fast-paced, lean company
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 18, 2017
Lots of room for growth. Extremely lean company. Tend to have a long a long list of competing priorities. Fast-paced work environment. Great facilities.
Manager Cost Accounting
Manager Cost Accounting (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIApril 12, 2017
The management at the Plant is great, however this position reports to corporate and corporate management is AWFUL!

I was only at the Plant for a little over two years and in that time we lost CI Manager, Safety Manager, QA Manager, Controller, Sanitation Manager, Maintenance Manager, Production Managers, and hundreds of hourly employees. They do not know how to keep employees happy.

I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
cant really think of any right now....
Cons
Awful benefits, no work life balance, corporate management team, location, computer system, network
Titanic like company - large with a small rudder
Supplier Approval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2017
I have my latest evaluation that was excellent for submission. My position was eliminated due to reorganization and desire to have the business units conduct audits.
Laid back workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Job was very easy I was trained in 3 different areas in less than 6 months they give you a chance to explore and learn new things
Open an honest environment where everyone is engauged
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 15, 2017
An enjoyable part of the job is a team of people working on a solution to an issue, implementing those solutions and seeing positive results. If the outcome is not the desired one, the team refocusing of what went right and course correcting to achieve the acceptable end result. Quote would be "Don't tell me what we can't do, but rather what we can do".
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Reduced volume
work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 13, 2017
It was a line worker job you would stand all day and do manual labor till your shift ended some of the jobs there were good some were bad just depends what they had you do.
positive people easy to get along wit
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 13, 2017
typival day a constant walk and lifting,to dealm with people drive a forklift,mamnagement was great,culture was excellent,it wasnt a hard part caught on very easy,enjoyed the people and work environment
Pros
extra breaks
Cons
high benefits
Very active environment with terrific people.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJanuary 31, 2017
This was a very rewarding work experience. I was able to work independently as I helped the plant realize it's capital and facility needs.
The challenges of this job come from the frequent changes in the management team. It is difficult to improve the process and/or facility when the team who makes the final decisions is constantly changing.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Work/life balance
This company is a fantastic place to work
Machine Operator, QA, Seeder,Production (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJanuary 9, 2017
I love working for this company. The pay is great. The experience you gain from working here is very productive. There are a large number of opportunities to grow within this company.
Pros
Excellent pay, Overtime hours
Cons
Too many long hours
Overall, good job for area.
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Elmo, ILJanuary 5, 2017
- Expect to work mandatory overtime.
- Typical workplace lack of communication.
- Everyone is given a chance of advancement.
Pros
Chance for advancement.
Cons
working 6 days a week from february 2017 to september 2017
Pinnacle Foods
Food Technician (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIDecember 27, 2016
Working for Pinnacle is a fast paste environment. Analyzed test result to classify products, or compare results with standard tables. Management changed a lot and a person had to adapt. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was when a new product was produced. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing something you made on the shelf.
Pros
Learning something new everyday.
Cons
The company was sold to another company.
Dont like factory work
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNDecember 27, 2016
THIS JOB IS OK.. The number one thing that's wrong is inappropriate relationships between employees.. It is a conflict and it makes job for others harder..
Pros
Pay day every week
Cons
Standing all day
Hard work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MINovember 7, 2016
I never realized how bad this job was until I got a much better position at a different company, and was treated like a human being. While I was at Pinnacle Foods, the workplace was at a near-constant 90 degrees with 100% humidity. I wasn't given proper safety equipment, and ended up burning my fingerprints off in the brine. To add insult to injury, we clock in with a fingerprint scanner, and I had to spend an extra 20 minutes each day (after 10-12 hour shifts) filling out paperwork saying that I had worked that day.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Dangerous work environment
Mangement was bad.
Package Operator (Scales) Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 28, 2016
This company only cared about production. The work environment was terrible at times. Instead of trying to make the atmosphere better, they looked for ways to fire people. That is why the company is no longer in business.
This company has provided employment to the community for years and has offered stability to the community
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 25, 2016
This company is well known company. Nation wide a large number of employees. The hardest part of this job was the sanitation but it was one of the most important things about this job as well. Co workers did not appear to be friendly but were hard working and used to a certain work environment.The most enjoyabe part of this job was the great service it provided. I learned this job work force employeed all levels of employees.
Pros
this employeer is a pilar to the community
Cons
taing level could be upgraded
amazing environment to be a food scientist.
Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 25, 2016
I gained an amazing experience in product development and data analysis that i will take with me to my next career.
The management team was so helpful.
typical food manufacturer
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 12, 2016
A good company with the correct vision for the future. However, planning and production are not in sync causing long hours for all production personnel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval