Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews in United States

working in cold environment waffle,pancakes, toast , fish
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 8, 2016
Good place to work, good benefits, management sometimes more concerned about them selves, instead of worker, but they have rule and guideline to follow. I love the workers we are family because we all spend a lot of time together. Hardest part of job working in very cold environment, enjoyable part of job you can get a break go to the break room and warn your hands and body
Okay
Pit Checker (Former Employee) –  Fennville, MIMay 28, 2016
Working at Pinnacle was an interesting experience. The money was good but the balance between my life and the job was not.The working conditions were not too bad though. We got 15 minute breaks every 2 hours and a 30 minute break for lunch. There would be special events too for lunch so it worked all out.
Pros
Breaks, Money
Cons
Life Balance
great place
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAMay 12, 2016
union and great place to work they let you work as much as you would like you can work 16 hour day is you want and the job isnt hard at all starting pay is very nice 14.75 and probation is only 90 working days.
Pros
great pay
Cons
non
Productive Work Place
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 5, 2016
I was all over the place. Never on one set job .
Management was in their own little worlds.
Co-Workers were very nice and good at what they did.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Seasonal
Busy fast paced firm organization
Brine Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIApril 14, 2016
typical day consists of working on a production line mixing ingredients while maintaining safety standards, friendly dependable management friendly caring co-workers most hardest part of the job is the uncompromising temperature conditions the most enjoyable parts of the job are the benefits and pay and the co-workers getting together for pot lucks over lunch
No room for growth
Transportation Analyst (LeanTMS (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 13, 2016
No room for growth and bad benefits. Very lean company that overworks their employees. Nice work environment other than management.
Horrible factory with awful people
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAApril 11, 2016
This is a place where the "Haves" and the "Have Nots" are painfully obvious. Management have nice offices and breakrooms. Laborers have a nasty, dirty, uncomfortable breakroom. But there is so little time to take a break it doesn't matter does it? The management thinks everything is great, the laborers are stressed about getting another "occurrence" and getting fired. The production environment is hot, smelly, "fast-paced" and relentless. The production workers are unpleasant, especially the shift supervisors. If you want to be treated like an indentured servant then go ahead and apply to work for this company, unless you get a management job. Management seems to be easy, breezy. You can eat all the chips you want while on the job, You can see this in the people who have worked there a while and not worked out because after therir shift they are too tired to move. Good benefit package though, if you can stand the job!
Pros
Good benefits, free chips
Cons
Hot, smelly, greasy. horrible co-corkers, clueless management
Nepotism rampant creating a cliquish work environment
Salaried (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIApril 4, 2016
At the floor level this is a great job. The people out in the plant actually doing the work (Shift Managers down to the hourly worker) are a great bunch of people who truly do carry out the values Pinnacle promotes. The senior management, on the other hand, do not value any of the promoted values and only give them lip service.

Opportunity to advance within this location are limited by nepotism and cliquish behavior. It does not matter how hard you work and how much knowledge you have if you do not have a friend or relative who is part of the clique that senior management has created, and if you have used candor with them you might as well forget ever moving upward.

It seems perfectly acceptable at this location to take credit for others work. It seems to be the way to be promoted in the culture created by senior management; they are so out of touch with most of the salaried staff that jumping up and down and saying look what I did is valued infinitely more than doing the work. It creates an environment that is hostile to those who actually do the work.

The hours are long but working with the people in the plant makes them enjoyable.
Pros
The work was enjoyable and satisfying
Cons
Nepotism, Cliquish management, Hostile environment
enjoy career opportunities
Pinnacle Foods (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 14, 2016
plenty hours and always on call for extra hours, management where great and always took care of anything that may have came up preventing me form be able to work least 40 hours weekly, which i loved because i wanted as many hours as possible while needed to take care of life out side of work.
Pros
hours
Good place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 13, 2016
This company has plenty of room for advancement but does not use in house talent like it should. A lot of opportunity to make a good living and has a descent work life balance.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of upward movement due to management hiring from outside.
it was open opportunity
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIFebruary 18, 2016
the job was an open opportunity, it was good to be able to work at pinaccle foods, and to be able to earn valuable income. The job site was neat and clean, and work was acceptable.
Pros
good job incentives and training
Cons
not very routine for new workers
Great Place to work
Processor of foods (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIFebruary 15, 2016
Very challenging work, financial restrictions are sometime barriers. The work is very interesting and you may need to work very closely to the auditors,
Pros
Cons
Financial Restrictions
Tough job but doable
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIJanuary 31, 2016
The hardest part of the job is adjusting to the different work areas. Overall, the management team and coworkers were pleasant and helpful.
Excellent Culture
Sr. Manager of Corporate Safety (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2016
Team environment, and the company exercises their values daily. Trust, Candor, Ownership..

My role is to support the day-to-day operations of the supply chain business function, to ensure the correct EHS Strategies are utilized/implemented.
Interesting workplace
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Very productive environment, required approval of orders shipped. Communication with other Associates. Co-workers were 15 years are longer employees. Sometimes difficult to work with, because of years of service
Benefits
Cons
The Single Worst Place I Ever Worked In My 30 Plus Year Career.
Line Cook Though I Performed Multiple Other Tasks (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 30, 2015
Pinnacle took over the food service contract of the place where I was working at the time and I elected to stay on. This would turn out to be a foolish move on my part. Even though I already qualified for health insurance working for their predecessor, I was forced to again wait three months to qualify for health insurance from Pinnacle. They then proceeded to attempt to kill me or drive me to quit prior to getting it. I was forced emphasis on forced to come into work on days off and work beyond my normal shift. There were several instances where I would be working 7 days a week from 8 in the morning until 9 or 10 at night without a single day off. I should note that I’m in my mid 50’s and certainly am not a spring chicken. In addition to the amount of time that I worked, I found myself performing the duties of multiple people and was frequently subjected to verbal abuse from the managers. Every single day, I was told that I “sucked.” and was a “terrible employee.” Among other things that I’d rather not repeat. I was frequently lied to in order to get me to come in and stay late by being told that the “state was coming.” The state never came, not once and I’m pretty sure that the state probably isn’t even aware of the existence of this rinky dink operation. Long story short, it got to be too much and I’m no longer with the company. I have been working for over 30 years and can honestly say that this is the single worst place that I ever worked. The facility where I was employed was not unionized and the managers took full advantage of that fact. I felt like I was working in  more... a sweat shop the majority of the time. The managers are the biggest bunch of liars and hypocrites that I’ve ever encountered always saying “The State is coming.” They are the kind that can be real “sweethearts” when they want you to come in when your supposed to be off or stay a bit later, but while you are actually working they treat you like total and complete garbage.

The managers have no qualms about asking or demanding that you help them, but at the same time if you need the slightest bit of assistance from them they chew you out asking you “why can’t you do it yourself, what’s wrong with you?”
Pros
I’m No Longer Working Here.
Cons
Long Hours, Horrible Managers, Sweatshop Like Working Conditions
it was a okay job only worked there for a week
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IADecember 20, 2015
I was a security guard I passed out workers checks watered plants for the management weighted semis in and out checked vistors in and out
Fun work place
Toper (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIDecember 3, 2015
Fun working place and love being a union worker and the pay is good and they give you training on what ever you want to train on and 2nd shift is grate go in at 3p.m and get off at 11a.m and start off at $9 hr for your first year then a raise for each year you come back.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Need to have bus to go out there
My typical day at work
Laborer and Statistics of Process Control (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 1, 2015
A typical day for me was making sure all the machines were working properly, checking temperatures, calibrating the scales, adjusting the weights on the machines, making sure the papers were correct and match the product and was the same according to schedule, checking all the products were approved by the lab.
Pros
I learned some processes.
Cons
Unsafe work environment, unfair privilege, bad human resources.
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 30, 2015
Great company that is fast growing.
Should have never left it moved up the latter extremely fast.
great people to work with
Pros
great pay
Cons
shift work from time to time