Pinnacle Foods Employee Reviews

Right now going through a major lay-off
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 14, 2017
Overall a great place to work. The moral has been down due to the effect of current events that are happening. The people are great and are easy to work with.
working there was really interesting
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Millsboro,DelawareJune 8, 2017
every worker got respect for each other, that a cooler place.The Manager treat you right, that pushed us to work hard. They have zero tolerance policy. it was a safe place.
Poor worklife balance
Production Supervisor- Building 22 (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 7, 2017
No time off and does not seek to understand, No ownership, Management way does not accept input from others, Poor employee reconigistion or build a team atmosphere
Poor management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 5, 2017
The pay is good but the cost of insurance is ridiculous. Management does not work well with each other and are not team players. The company has cut back on spending letting the plants fall apart
Job was ok,got layed off after 6 months.Pay was good.Benefits were expensive..
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 5, 2017
was't too bad a place to work. prior to this maintenance had never had a lay off before. so I don't know what its going be like in the future. they did treat me well while I was there and gave a severance package upon leaving.
Enjoyed My Job, Management Killed Company
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 1, 2017
While employed at Pinnacle foods, I was able to see many advancements and many set backs. The corporate office works as though the factory is running at peak efficiency and does not look to see if they can improve or help the workers or the facility, until it is to late, and another company is trying to buy them.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Managment
They make cake
Layer Line Floater (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILMay 31, 2017
Worked ALOT of overtime. Management was only worried about numbers not about employees. Was mandated a lot and was treated poorly by management. Learned how cake goes into bags and boxes
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Poor management
another great place to work and potential for growth
handpacker/Waterjet Operator (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 25, 2017
I really enjoyed my time within this company and it is something that I would definitely do again if I were able but because it is outside of Flint and I do not have transportation right now,i am unable to.
Pros
Meeting tons of people, working good hours, learning different areas of the working enviroment.
Cons
It's only sesasonal work !!!!!!!
Stock price on rise but with growth pains
Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 24, 2017
Good people trying to make an impact but verge of burn out
Too lean and too many priorities
Limited decision authority resulting in churn
High turnover resulting in inexperience and mistakes
Productive place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 24, 2017
It's nice they get paid every week but some places inside the building are very cold and it's not worth the money that they are paying for you to be there
Productive place with productive people.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 22, 2017
I works a 8 to 12 hour day. Over my 17 years at Pinnacle I have learned to run some of the wrappers and paper work. The people that I work with, I feel as though we have became a family to the most part but working on the line with some I fill they could do better or be trained better but that's where management comes in. Some are trained too long and others not long enough. I think that's where poor management comes in. Over my years on the job a lot of new people has came into management and instead of them learning the rules or going by the rule book, they just make rules as they go. The hardest park of the job is feeling like if we have a problem, we have no one to really talk to cause when it's all said and done management thick together even if they're wrong or right. The best part is you can pretty must make as much money as you want if you'er will to put in the time
Pros
Paid holidays and vacations, off on holidays
Cons
Can't make plains, tell us we are going to be off then make us work at the last minute
Fast pace company and very focused workers
Sanitation(seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 20, 2017
I cleaned and sanitized machines according to company standards.Used material safety data sheet msds. I also had to make sure I took notes on anything I found during the process.
Pros
Sometimes we had dinners on other employees birthdays
Cons
Short breaks
Very Easy Job
Fish Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 20, 2017
This was the easiest job I have ever had. Most people do not like the processing department because they rather go to packaging. I think the reason is that packaging is a lot easier and less smellier. But if anyone had a restaurant job then they would take fish processing over anything.
Pros
Many breaks.
Cons
Unorganized and No life Outside of Work.
Productive,fun, some good ppl to work with
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Imlay City, MIMay 18, 2017
I really like it there met some awesome people there and some great friends. Work really isn't hard you just gotta wonna work and be able to stand for about two ta three hours between breaks.
horrible management team and supervisors
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Darien, WIMay 13, 2017
First off this company does not care about it's employee's​. They treat the employees (the ones that speak English) like indentured servants. 70% do not speak English. The only interest is production. This has caused major mechanical problems that they just want to slap duct tape on. The lack of communication skills and proper management has caused shutdowns forced by the FDA(Food and Drug Administration). Those are the people that make sure the food is safe to eat. There are very few employees that stay at this facility for more than a couple years.
Pros
Cons
communication, stress levels, cleanliness, safety, competaince
Very fast paced and fun to work at Pinnacle
Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 12, 2017
Really enjoyed working for Pinnacle and wish that I would not have left now.

The pay and benefits were great.

The management team was a real pleasure to work with/for.

The corporate office being based in New Jersey is a down-side due to high cost of living/taxes on the coast.

The manufacturing sites are fun to work at and lots of good employees at those locations.

Leadership at the very highest levels in the organization were somewhat disconnected from the plant locations, i.e. not really understanding of what needs were and direction/leadership was conflicting at times.

Very slow processes with regards to gaining approvals to spend any kind of money for projects.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Frustrating to deal with high level leadership
A work day in my shoes
packaging operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 11, 2017
In my many years as a machine operator I have learned many things. I work on high performance work teams and we constantly challenge one another skill levels on a daily basis. I've always been eager to learn and fascinated with machinery mainly packaging equipment and processing equipment. Im experience in product weight control and producing high quality products. Time management is the key . Everyone should be producing at a good rate never leave a team member behind because we operate as one unit.The hardest part of my job is when a member of the team looses focus and production falls short but what I enjoy mostly is overall we are there for one another if you are having an unproductive day.
Decent place to work
LINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMay 11, 2017
Pinnacle Foods is fast pace, high volume production plant that runs constantly. Depending on the department the work is pretty easy but you work in a cold environment..
Pros
pays weekly
Cons
very cold environment
Fast Paced
Director (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 3, 2017
A fast paced organization. You have to be able to learn on the fly. Executive management is very narcissistic, which often inhibits good ideas and suggestions.
Unprofessional work environment, horrible management
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 2, 2017
The workplace culture is extremely unprofessional which leads to the company's high turnover rate. This company can't hold on to good employees due to bad management and lack of corporate involvement in improving it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Foods. Our community is ready to answer.