Pinnacle Healthcare

Pinnacle Healthcare United States Employee Reviews

Good pay
Billing Specialist/Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ORFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: setting your own hours
Cons: not good communication within the company
Pinnacle pays well and provides a lot of activities to promote good health. They allow you to set your own hours after a trial period.
Fun place to work in
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free n fun lunch
Cons: bussy phone lines
Great coworkers, open in the morning, review voice mails, have office clean. Patients would come in great them have a chart and insurance verification, handle the chart to MA then they would be taken care off.
Poor/weak leadership, poor employee retention skills
Home Health RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: colleagues great for the most part
Cons: very poor leadership, no breaks, long hours, 6 months before a paid day off allowed
I worked as home health RN in a newly Pinnacle-acquired office in Southern Oregon for 11 weeks. In my short tenure, I did notice that the office was always short staffed with significant amount of employee turn-over/burn-out.
A new computerized documentation system, new Medicare regulations along with high referral load due to their new association with Pinnacle SNF's /rehabs seemed to be resulting in extremely stressful conditions. But instead of offering a realistic or helpful, venting or counseling process for the overwhelmed employees, they purchased boxing gloves and a punching bag with the words, "Medicare Regulations" on it and installed it in the office!
Recently I had a particularly long, frustrating, hard day and unfortunately found I was on-call. No sooner had I returned home, dropped my bag, exhausted when I was called back out to see a patient at a significant distance. It was the straw that broke this camel's back. I made a call to the on-call administration member and was referred to my direct supervisor. I called my supervisor without response, but left a voice mail asking if it was possible for another nurse closer to the patient to see him. Finally, I called the office administrator for help, and again had to leave a message. By then, I had a melt-down to the point that in my message said I would quit my job if I had to see one more patient that day.
Instead of a proactive response with understanding and/or problem solving, what I received from the office Administrator, who is also an RN - was a direct threat that she would contact the State Board of Nursing – more... to charge me with patient abandonment if I did not see the patient immediately. With that being the only recourse, I had to agree to see the patient, and did so, but turned in my equipment the following day along with my resignation. The office is so dysfunctional that days later, I am still receiving calls from other staff asking questions about, "my patients" to whom I have to respond that I am no longer employed there. Most voice understanding and empathy.
I am a mature, professional registered nurse without ever having a, "ding" on my license or even a write-up in my 22 years. I am not naive nor disgruntled, and do not want the job back; I am happily moving on. But in all my years, I have never been associated with a facility's management so poorly trained or been treated so ruthlessly by my superiors. It seems that these people have no knowledge of the finer points of employee retention; how resolve conflict or how to handle crisis situations. They are reactive versus proactive and are hemorrhaging good employees as a result. – less
Horrible place to work. Cameras everywhere. No job security. You end up in court to be paid your PTO and EIB!!
Healthcare Professional (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free company pens and cups
Cons: horrible benefits, no retirement savings account. make sure you use up your pto and eib. because, you have to drag them to court to be paid, if you decide to leave.
You work very hard because you want things to run properly, but get no compensation for that.
I learned at the tail end from my attorneys, I had no business working for Pinnacle
I could never figure out the management team; They are all smiles in your face but stab you in the back.
Most co-workers are fun to work with and cooperative. That is the only thing I miss at Pinnacle.
Putting up with my colleagues, the management team. Very fake! Nobody stands for you. Even when you are right.
A company that only cares about profit and nothing else
Therapist (Former Employee), OREGONNovember 18, 2013
Do not work for this company. Even though they are small and somewhat personal, they are mainly concerned about nothing but making a profit and surviving. Find a company that really is better organized and able to treat their employees more like people and not just a $ sign.
Great Place to start
RN (Former Employee), Hollister, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great group of doctors
Cons: not enough hours
I learned so much here! This is where it all started for me. I had great doctor's that were willing to teach me more than I needed to know!
HIGH stress work environment, overall low morale
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), RoseburgSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: plenty of work!
Cons: often don't get breaks, due to short staffing, and no time. management says, they are willing to pitch in, but of course never really do, something "more important" always seems to come up.
Staffing is ALWAYS short, they are always asking staff to pick up extra shifts. Which can be good SOMETIMES if you need the hours but gets old fast. It's obvious that the bottom dollar is all that really matters since if they can't get someone to pick up the shift they just run short handed. It's especially shocking to realize that you aren't getting overtime for those extra sifts since they manage to arrange them in a way that doesn't get to 40 hrs between sunday and saturday. And working short handed of course just increases everyone's workload, so you could see how those who ARE there aren't too excited to pick up another shift.
Employees are not real friendly...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMay 29, 2013
The employees were not real friendly and I was not interacting with the public as much as I'd liked.
Great Place to Work!
Orthopedic Vendor Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 8, 2012
I loved working at Pinnacle Health Hospital. My Manager and Supervisors were great. There were a lot of chances for advancment with the company.
High stress workplace, but great co-workers.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 7, 2012
High stress workplace involved with healthcare. It was interesting to deal with state and federal healthcare intities. Medicare, Medicaid and Veterans Departments were very high intensive learning opportunities.
Great place to work and advance in your career
LPN (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORMay 23, 2012
Great place to work and advance in your career. Great pay and benefits package
Loved my externship
Medical assistant (Former Employee), Salinas,CAMarch 6, 2012
I loved doing my externship here everyone was super nice I feel I learned a lot and they were all so helpful
Nice place to work for
CNA (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILAugust 12, 2011
You will learn alot on how patients live with being on vent, they have good team work, the co-workers are nice, and good work hours