Pinnacle Hotels USA Employee Reviews

Former Security (Marriott Riverside)
security officer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2017
The job you will be doing is very misleading. The security department is non existent. You will be apart of the engineering department mostly doing their work. The other associates are nice but they will all tell you that this place is a career killer. Unless you have no experience and don't mind being a lap dog, I'd stay away from this place.
Pros
Nice associates
Cons
No free food, environment sucks, mindless non security related work and terrible schedule
Horrible Franchise Management
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CAJuly 16, 2017
Owner wants to see numerous amount of positive changes, but does not want to give the necessary means or tools to make it possible. In fact they actually make it quite difficult to do anything at all. Very low salary (manager) for the 60+ plus hours a week they expect from you. Overworked hourly positions as well. Corporate/HR are very detached and seem bothered when you contact them. Not one employee I met during my position here, was happy. Advice is to look else where unless you are desperate for work experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor franchise management, low pay, low employee loyalty
Official response from Pinnacle Hotels USA
July 17, 2017

We are sorry to hear how you feel about your experience working at one of our hotels. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we wish you the best of luck in your career search.

The worst company ever.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2017
This is by far the worst company I have been with. Management is a complete joke, company do not care about employees at all. Managers come and go so quick you wont even remember they're names. Pay is even worse. My recommendation is to not join this company. You will regret it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor company procedures, pay, atmosphere
Official response from Pinnacle Hotels USA
July 17, 2017

I am so sorry to hear your experience. Please note that we complete wage surveys twice a year to ensure our pay rates are comparable to market wages. If you would like to discuss your experience at one of our locations further, please contact the HR dept at the Corporate office. Thank you.

Not the place to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2016
Whatever you do this place is not a good place to work mission valley. The gossip is terrible, rooms are old,moldy, the management does nothing to motivate the staff. To much drama. Employees fighting umunges themselves and sleeping with each other. The pay is horrible they over work you and the owner doesn't care for his employees.
Corporate Team Struggles with Reality
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2015
I worked for this firm for close to a year. What a mistake. During my tenure, most managers (Genera Managers and middle managers alike) quit. Those that did not, were terminated. The company has no loyalty to its employees although they try to. The Corporate personnel responsible for operations could not manage hotels once the GMs left and was regularly mentioned by name in negative trip advisor reviews. Yet, systematic with the company, he was applauded at the corporate level. Management were always given warnings and were also expected to issue warnings to subordinates. The ideology to rule by fear. Such a motivating factor for the teams. When one worked over forty hours in a week, they were deemed inefficient in time management.
Pros
Friendly Team Members
Cons
Poor Corporate Strategy, Micromanagement, Poor Salary
Amazing Company!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMay 21, 2015
I have been with Pinnacle Hotels for 3 years and in that time have experienced the genuine care the company has for its associates.

Pinnacle offers great growth opportunity for hospitality professionals in all levels of their career. I have been fortunate enough to be a product of this growth potential. I have also seen several of my fellow associates be promoted

Almost all of the hotels in the portfolio have gone through a recent renovation, or are scheduled to have one in the coming year.
Pros
Care for associates, advancement opportunities, good product
Great company for advancement.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAMarch 27, 2015
I have worked in the Hospitality industry for 7 years, this is the only company that offered me advancement. There is opportunity here its up to the individual to push those opportunities to the limit. If you are the type of person that is willing to roll up your sleeves and have fun while your working, this is the company for you.
Strange Company with some positive Sides
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2014
On the plus side, you will have a lot of free time. Almost everything else is on the negative side, starting with the sometimes unprofessional behavior of the owner and CEO and finalizing with the way, their human resources department works.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Job security, Job Culture
A job. No more.
Front Office (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2014
At least from my experience, these hotels are run by someone who tries to invest as little as humanly possible to get by. Everyone in management has a different idea of how things should be run and they all butt heads. There can be obvious favoritism and it affects
morale. There is no team-building or attempt to respect one another when it comes to subordinates-- lots of petty gossiping.
I believe this affects customers. It's as though they can smell from the get-go that there is no structure, apart from the overall feel of their experience.
Great company!!!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2013
I have worked for Pinnacle Hotels USA for over 5 years. Associates are treated fairly and the company truly cares about you as an individual.

There is opportunity for growth and I have seen many internal promotions in the last couple years. In fact, three of our current general managers were promoted internally and three sales coordinators were promoted to Sales Managers this year.

I truly believe in this company and support its values. Pinnacle bought 2 more hotels last year in the San Diego area and I believe there will continue to be opportunity for those who work hard and understand the hospitality business!
Pros
Growth opportunity, Great co-workers

Want to know more about Pinnacle Hotels USA?

Ask a question
Cashier
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 25, 2012
Small hotel, good for no work experience, otherwise horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Hotels USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4