Pinnacle Hotels USA

Pinnacle Hotels USA Employee Reviews

Not the place to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2016
Whatever you do this place is not a good place to work mission valley. The gossip is terrible, rooms are old,moldy, the management does nothing to motivate the staff. To much drama. Employees fighting umunges themselves and sleeping with each other. The pay is horrible they over work you and the owner doesn't care for his employees.
Cons
Corporate Team Struggles with Reality
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2015
I worked for this firm for close to a year. What a mistake. During my tenure, most managers (Genera Managers and middle managers alike) quit. Those that did not, were terminated. The company has no loyalty to its employees although they try to. The Corporate personnel responsible for operations could not manage hotels once the GMs left and was regularly mentioned by name in negative trip advisor reviews. Yet, systematic with the company, he was applauded at the corporate level. Management were always given warnings and were also expected to issue warnings to subordinates. The ideology to rule by fear. Such a motivating factor for the teams. When one worked over forty hours in a week, they were deemed inefficient in time management.
Pros
Friendly Team Members
Cons
Poor Corporate Strategy, Micromanagement, Poor Salary
Great company!!!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2013
I have worked for Pinnacle Hotels USA for over 5 years. Associates are treated fairly and the company truly cares about you as an individual.

There is opportunity for growth and I have seen many internal promotions in the last couple years. In fact, three of our current general managers were promoted internally and three sales coordinators were promoted to Sales Managers this year.

I truly believe in this company and support its values. Pinnacle bought 2 more hotels last year in the San Diego area and I believe there will continue to be opportunity for those who work hard and understand the hospitality business!
Pros
Growth opportunity, Great co-workers
Amazing Company!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMay 21, 2015
I have been with Pinnacle Hotels for 3 years and in that time have experienced the genuine care the company has for its associates.

Pinnacle offers great growth opportunity for hospitality professionals in all levels of their career. I have been fortunate enough to be a product of this growth potential. I have also seen several of my fellow associates be promoted

Almost all of the hotels in the portfolio have gone through a recent renovation, or are scheduled to have one in the coming year.
Pros
Care for associates, advancement opportunities, good product
A job. No more.
Front Office (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2014
At least from my experience, these hotels are run by someone who tries to invest as little as humanly possible to get by. Everyone in management has a different idea of how things should be run and they all butt heads. There can be obvious favoritism and it affects
morale. There is no team-building or attempt to respect one another when it comes to subordinates-- lots of petty gossiping.
I believe this affects customers. It's as though they can smell from the get-go that there is no structure, apart from the overall feel of their experience.
Great company for advancement.
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAMarch 27, 2015
I have worked in the Hospitality industry for 7 years, this is the only company that offered me advancement. There is opportunity here its up to the individual to push those opportunities to the limit. If you are the type of person that is willing to roll up your sleeves and have fun while your working, this is the company for you.
Cashier
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 25, 2012
Small hotel, good for no work experience, otherwise horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Hotels USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9