Pinnacle Propane Express Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Pinnacle Sucks
ex driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2018
The management for Tallahassee Fl. is awful if they would get rid of the manger it would be a great job . The manger is full of himself and he thinks he know everything. Dont buy or work for Pinnacle. They wont service the customers in talllahassee. SUCKS The dispatcher dosent know how to dispatch and she is hateful. I loved delivering propane. The customers are nice and helpful.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Its a good company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJune 5, 2017
This company is a good company with flexible hours to work with its a very tough job because u have to lift heavy Propane's with your hands but overall its a good company
Productive and fun
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MOMay 25, 2017
Very hard workers and jokes between employees. Very fun manager. Company takes care of the employees with water and fans in the building for hot summer days.
Pros
Three breaks
Cons
Hardly any dedicated workers
Productive and good hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXMay 16, 2017
Typical day we come in hang propane tanks clean and scrap the tank check for out of date tanks or tanks with leaks then they get painted unhooked refilled and stacked to be loaded on the trucks
Pros
Good hours and cool management
Cons
Short breaks and only pay 9 with no benefits
Routing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 28, 2016
Had a family feel with the company and employees. It mattered to them that we worked there and training was ongoing. Management was top notch, always there to help and work along side of you.
Hard work doesn't pay
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 11, 2016
I was disappointed in this companies compensation. The base of SALARY ¿ $ 30000 is low to begin for a truck driver within Chicago. Then to ask someone to work 10-12hrs and sleep away from home for flat salary is absurd.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
Downward Spiral
CDL A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 15, 2016
You fight trough heavy traffic to either get to truck yard or even more heavy traffic to get to the off site office. Make sure you have all your equipment and the paperwork and keys. Try to find a spot to park, were your car wont get hit or broken into. Inspect and pre-trip truck.
Expect to be delayed 1-3hrs (example : arrived at 5am truck not ready or serviced until 10)
Expect no help or support from management.
Fellow drivers are cool hardworking cats.
There is way too much paperwork and no office staff.
Talking with the customers.
Fun with a Dark Side
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MOMay 24, 2016
This place I have worked for over a year and I can honestly say without a doubt that it is miserable. People there will make you sick the negativity it brings into your life is not acceptable. My manager was awesome always working with me through my roughest and sickest of days but besides that they will not hire on it took them 3 years before anyone else got hired on full time. So in conclusion I would not recommend this job even if you are in desperate measures.
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
no full time, no vacation, no holidays, no overtime, huge turnover rate
An All-Around Bad Experience
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 12, 2016
As an administrative specialist, it was my job to make sure all of the drivers paperwork was completed and balanced properly. The employees complained all day long about how much they hated their job, management was in the process of continually changing one thing or another, and the organization of the office was nil. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with some of the drivers - they had great personalities - and the ability to wear headphones to drown out the complaining.
Pros
Hours, free lunches
Cons
poor environment, lack of positivity, poor customer interaction
Don't Bother
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Centre, ALMarch 26, 2015
The job was constant. You had to paint bottle after bottle. We weren't provided with proper safety gear/masks.
For no reason at all, they dropped me from 40 hours a week to 31 hours a week, just so they no longer had to provide health insurance.
Then, in December of 2013, they told us that we would only have our jobs for two more weeks.
After the job was over, they were supposed to compensate me for vacation hours. They refused to do so because they said it wasn't a law in my state that they had to compensate me.
It is an overall terrible place to work.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Dropped hours just so they didn't have to provide healthcare, Almost no warning before job was suddenly ended, Bad safety precautions
Benefits good, management very poor
Route driver (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, MOMarch 25, 2015
The best part of the job was dealing with customers that you come in contact and your co-workers were very nice and easy to get along with. The worst part of the job was the management was difficult to work with, consistently changing daily and weekly paperwork along with other issues.
Pros
paid motels, food allowance, good benefits
Cons
route disbatch unorganized, management unknowlegeable in field, and poor work ethics
High Growth and Fast paced
Director of Production (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 12, 2014
a typical work day starts early (I'm an early riser) you have a lot of communication through emails that need to be prioritized.

I would have communication daily with my managers by site visits or by phone.

Daily reports were due to track production, inventory and safety.

We had a small Management team that was spread thin and all had varied task to perform.
Distribution and Production managers were all great team members and hard workers.

The hardest part of the job was travel what started out as about 20% travel 5 years ago was now at about 90% travel.

Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my staff, Mentoring, training and being able to promote my staff through the company.
Pros
Freedom to do my job and see results.
Cons
Travel, glamorious it is not. very tough on the family.
hard work, long hrs
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 6, 2014
up early worked till late, made delivers, and collected on accounts.
Pros
discount propane
Cons
long hrs, very physical
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep/ RRC Licensing (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJanuary 9, 2014
the typical day would include answering phones sending faxes and emails. processing applications for the Tx RRC receiving payments to send to the RRC for a license to sell propane
Operated one man depot, ran route
Truck Driver/ Depot Mgr (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 25, 2013
Very good company, only complaint -- hours were too long. Worked day was 13+ hours. Learned how to: manage depot, take care of problems, handle a delivery route, work with store managers, operate hand-held equipment. Management was very supportive and worked well with me. I was basically working by myself, unsupervised but reported to my superiors. The hardest part of the job was carrying filled propane tanks to the cages as I could not always park close to the tanks. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do the job on my own with the assurance of cooperation/help from the company if needed
Pros
good company, left alone to do job
Cons
required too many hours/week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Propane Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8