PINNACLE SENIOR CARE

PINNACLE SENIOR CARE Employer Reviews

Physical Therapist (Former Employee), MilwaukeeNovember 10, 2014
Cons: please read
Dear Fellow Physical Therapist,

Pinnacle senior care is part of USMM, which includes Visiting Physician Association, Grace Hospice, The HomeDME, Homescripts, and Visitng podiatry. Their Primary source of referrals are from Visiting Physician Association for therapy and nursing needs. There is no variety in case load most of the patients you might see for generalized weakness or totally disabled.

The Case Mangers and Administrators are persistent with their request for therapy referrals from the physician. Majority of therapy referrals are not appropriate for home health physical therapy. If you evaluate a patient and make clinical judgments regarding patient not in need of therapy or not appropriate for therapy be prepared to be questioned by the Administrator regarding this. The Administrator who is a nurse always questions and tries to influence you clinical judgment.

I had multiple scenarios where it was not safe for me to see the patient due to psychological impairment, as the patient was verbally and physically abusive but they are persistent with their request. They do not care about your safety. Base don my experience working with them they have questionable ethics and operate in the grey area.

They do not have patient confined in one area so be prepared to be driving in all four counties. On average I was driving 100-120 miles a day.

The office staff is not supportive at all; there have been numerous occasions where they have lost my documentation. They still use paper documentation, which is redundant. They have not figured out their workflow yet so be prepared – more... for changes on weekly basis. Office staff and management are not open to suggestions/recommendation and do not deliver any promises. They are not resourceful as a company you might have to pull a teeth or two to get theraband or so. I have been using my personal resources to address my patient needs.

There goal is to run this place by PRN staff so this place is an open door when it comes to staffing and everything gets done on paper and in reality nothing get done. The do not care about their patients at all , none of there additional needs get addressed.

The administrator is forgetful, inconsistent, always make attempts to change or influence your clinical judgment. I would not trust this company for a penny numerous promises were made and undelivered.

Bottom line this company has questionable ethics, poor management that does not support the staff and have no resources.

I hope after reading this you get a good picture of this company and how they operate they do pay well but its not worth a penny due to hostile, unfriendly office environment, unrealistic expectation and stress related to this job.

Here is what you can expect salary wise.

Annual Salary of 92,000-98, 000

PRN Staff
Per visit PT: $ 80.00
ROC: $100.00
SOC:$ 120.00
PT Eval: $ 90.00 – less
Difficult to be a field staff member
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: too much driving.
Management plays favorites. Talks about staff members while other staff can hear them. Excludes field staff when they are in the office making you feel like you're not part of the team.
Great team of people, Organization is ab invaluable resource to community.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2014
Pros: effective attainment of goals for patients due to team coordination.
Cons: duplication of documentation .
Provided opportunity for growth in skills needed for home health services such as readily available teaching materials and coordinated team approach to assist patient to reach goals . Management supportive and available to field staff. Challenging at times due to number of patients managing , however sharpened my organizational skills. Opportunities for growth in newer home care modalities to manage complex cases.
Stayed busy and felt very important ..
Medical Office Manager (Former Employee), Dayton, OHDecember 27, 2013
Pros: got to experience what i went to school for and felt important
Cons: no breaks, we got to stop at food places but for a quick minute
I felt very intelligent , and I really enjoyed giving our patients the care and needs of their life I learned how to deal and handle multi phone lines, having the ability to supervise others and did and loved doing some Data Entry Scheduled patients . Hardest part of the job was driving the doctors around to Patient homes which is small but that part wasn't hard but I wasn't to excited about . I love making a good difference in peoples lives.
Case manager for home health
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee), Troy, MIDecember 3, 2013
Traveled to the homes of patients to assess their physical, medical and psychological needs and devise medical or rehabilitation program accordingly.
Implemented current plan of care as ordered while evaluating and adjusting care as needed.
Collaborated with other members of the health care team and documented accordingly.
Educated patients and caregivers on disease process and management.
Performed removal and insertion of catheter, venipuncture, and wound care as ordered.

I learned about time management and how to prioritize tasks. My confidence in the transition from student to RN was enhanced.

Management was overbearing, unrealistic and unprofessional. My co-workers were pleasant but also overworked and overstressed. The most difficult part about this job was being expected to perform the job description with inadequate training to do so. At the top of these unrealistic expectations was management who attempted to run the facility by means of intimidation. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the field with the patients. The knowledge that a patient's quality of life was enhanced due to my services left me feeling fulfilled at the end of each work day.
These Reviews Are Clearly Written by Disgruntled Former Employees
RN (Current Employee), MichiganApril 22, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable management team, excellent care resources
Cons: there have been communication roadblocks in the past, but this is improving
I am actually surprised at some of these reviews. It sounds to me as if this is actually just one or two individuals with a bone to pick. I have worked here for two years, and while the job is not perfect (what job is?), to say that the management does not care about our patients is completely untrue. We boast some of the most compassionate caregivers I've had the pleasure of working with and every member of the senior managemnt team is an old home health nurse who spent years in the trenches caring for patients.

Home Health is NOT EASY! Sometimes you have to dig in and admit a patient on a Sunday. Sometimes you have to take call at 3am because a patient can't breathe or is having extreme pain, and sometimes regulations change and you have to alter your care plan. Isn't this why we became nurses? Because it is a challenge?

The truth is, Pinnacle is a great place to work and I have no complaints. They have introduced several wonderful specialty programs and new quality measures over the past year and the improvements keep on coming. We will be fully accredited in all sites and completely paperless by 2014!
terrible company to work for
RN (Current Employee), MIFebruary 3, 2013
Agree with the majority of posts so far! Terrible place to work. upper management group is overbearing and superior sed witemselves. Nurses are treated bad, and unrealistic expectations. No training provide compaares about is numbers - pressure to admit even if not home bound or no skilled need, and pressure to not discharge. Like other posters I don't know why Medicare isn't crawling all over these guys and shutting them down. If you're an RN save yourself the stress and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction! Current employee but not for long!
This is a horrible place to work!!
Former employee (Former Employee), Bay City, MIJanuary 29, 2013
This is the worst place ever to work!!! People leave because they know right from wrong and know that medicare would really frown on the way they do things!! It is all about the numbers not the patients. I am not sure how or why they are still open.
Current employee
Current employee (Current Employee), Multiple sitesJanuary 9, 2013
Those who have written are former employees and there may be reasons why. This is a great place to work!
Overall I enjoy my job.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Uniontown, OHNovember 7, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is going into the field and work with the patients and their families.
RN
RN (Former Employee), TEXASOctober 23, 2012
A MOST UNDESIRABLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR AS A PROFESSIONAL. EXPECTATIONS, QUALITY OF WORK, STANDARD OF CARE AND MANAGEMENT DID NOT MEET THE CRITERIA OF A QUALITY HOME CARE FACILITY. I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE CONSIDERING EMPLOYMENT TO BE ALERT AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
Worst work experience of my life!
FSC (Former Employee), BayCity, MIOctober 3, 2012
I was lured away from the Home Health Care I worked at due to a psych nurse that was given the opportunity to open the Saginaw office. It was great in the begining and went downhill fast. The management was awful! When I complained (working 7 days a week sometimes) they stuck me in an office the size of a small closet with no human contact. I gave my notice and was excoted of the property. I seriously almost had a nervous breakdown due to this experience. Be very careful when applying here. Get everything in writing. You'll need it!

October 31, 2012

i hear ya on the nervous breakdown part!! I was a case manager RN and i had NO training what so ever.I was to drive around seeing patients all day and then expected to come home and do more paperwork..this was the most exhausted i had ever been in any job including 12 hours in a hospital 3-4 days a week. Horrible, lying, back stabbing management. all about the money, not the patients. pressured to admit homeless people, people who could drive and did, and just ones who did not need home care,.This was the worst experience of my life!

REALLY, REALLY HORRIBLE...
RN (Former Employee), GRSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: positives: great patients, pts and rns!!
Cons: pts and rns have to cover huge territories and half the patients aren't homebound.
Horrible management with unrealistic expectations. Managers will lie to your face and then deny they said it even when you have an email to prove it. Really quite unbelievable. People need to think twice before applying.
Hard work a joke never given a chance
Certified Nursing Assistant / Data Entry (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 20, 2012
I worked for this current company for eight months in that time my job went from being prn to full time, then i was trainned on how to data enter information into required computer program, and offer a position that was then given to the administrator's daughter. over all i loved taking care of my patient's and working with the different nurses on staff, just unhappy with how much hard work i did that management never seemed to notice nor care about.

November 27, 2012

Now really...is that the whole story????? Think hard before you defame something without telling all the story...

Great company to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMay 31, 2012
I was a data entry clerk for the company where I entered patient information in the computer system to produce 485's. I had great supervisors and great coworkers. I really enjoyed the atmosphere that I worked in and the actual position itself.
Improving Steadily
Administrator (Current Employee), MichiganJanuary 18, 2012
Pros: steady growth, strong core values, employee bonuses.
Cons: unexpected travel
Pinnacle has come a long way in the years that I have been an employee. From a small startup in Michigan to a nationwide company serving thousands of patients per year. There have been bumps in the road as with any corporation, but the management team is dedicated to making Pinnacle successful by consistently introducing new quality initiatives. Implementation of new policies, can be a challenge, however the team is supportive and new policies are understandable in a growing company. It is hard work, but very fulfilling. I love the driven individuals that I work with and take pride in the work that we do.
Horrible
Administrator home care (Former Employee)April 27, 2011
Worst home care company I've worked for by far. Constant pressure to admit and keep patients even when there is no skilled need. Very difficult to discharge patients once they are on service even when they no longer need nursing care. Emphasis on dollars not patients.

July 1, 2012

EXTREMELY true--you hit the nail right on the head...Upper management is a joke....

October 23, 2012

AS A PROFESSIONAL, I DONT KNOW HOW THEY MEET MEDICARE GUIDELINES.

About PINNACLE SENIOR CARE

Pinnacle Senior Care is a certified Home Health agency that provides a variety of home and community based services, which are – Read more