PINNACLE SENIOR CARE

PINNACLE SENIOR CARE Employee Reviews

Unethical and hostile environment
Service care coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
As another reviewer said, this company will chew you up and spit you out. Very Unethical and hostile environment to work in. Very unsympathetic people, poor compensation, unqualified supervisors. Benefits are less than desirable. Worked there for 9 stressful months, the worst enviroment ever worked for. Oh forgot to mention they will work you off the clock and will make you think your job is secure. People drop like flies in that place and will cover there tracks to make sure no employees get unemployment.
Cons
Never actually off
not going to recommend this place to anyone
Coder (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 17, 2016
As another reviewer said, this company will chew you up and spit you out. Low compensation, unqualified supervisors. Benefits are less than desirable. Worked there one year, people drop like flies in that place.
Pros
Cons
see my review
Good company .
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 19, 2015
Pinnacle Senior Care is a good company to work for when providing Physical Therapy to home bound patients. The people you work with are experienced, dedicated and hard working.
Pros
Good salary, co-workers experienced, friendly and knowledgable
Cons
Large area to cover.
Wished for more understanding
RN-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 20, 2016
I really enjoyed working at this company until I went on maternity leave and I was gone 1 week longer than my maternity leave originally was approved for due to medical reasons and my position was eliminated.
Not Employee Friendly
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2015
Very stressful environment. Management uses bullying tactics to overwork employees. Tries to bully employees into working overtime without compensation.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Low pay for the job, very stressful, no support

Comment – August 11, 2015

Hello, Sorry you had this experience with Pinnacle Senior Care. Your feedback is very helpful and we will take the areas of concern and use this information as we are continually looking for areas of improvement.

Horrible place to work for
LPN, (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 29, 2015
If you thought home care is for you, think again. If you like driving and working long hours then this is your place. However, that's how most home care agencies are. This company will chew you up and spit you out.
Stressful, difficult to have a work/home life balance, unorganized
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 2, 2015
Most of the comments on here are true. Management questions your discharges. After being in the field all day, you still have tons of paperwork from re-certifications, resumption of care, and start of care. On call nurse for that week get handed any start of care, resumption of care orders that happens to come in on a Friday in addition to any patients that need to be seen everyday. The biggest issue for me was too much duplicate paperwork and just too much paperwork in general, and trying to get organized with daily/weekly visits were almost impossible at times. Everyone confused and not sure who is doing what, when, and why. Too stressful so I resigned. As others stated, do your homework before you accept a job.
Pros
patients
Cons
over worked, unorganized, very stressful

Comment – August 11, 2015

Hello, Thank you for the feedback. This feedback is very helpful and we will take the areas of concern and use this information as we are continually looking for areas of improvement.

Good place to work.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 22, 2015
The place is very demanding to work for current management. High employee turnover due unrealistic expectations constantly changing from management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Great atmosphere.
Per Diem Staff Nurse LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Setting up weekly schedule, getting report CM. Visiting with patients performing MD orders. Completing skilled nurse documentation.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeNovember 10, 2014
Dear Fellow Physical Therapist,

Pinnacle senior care is part of USMM, which includes Visiting Physician Association, Grace Hospice, The HomeDME, Homescripts, and Visitng podiatry. Their Primary source of referrals are from Visiting Physician Association for therapy and nursing needs. There is no variety in case load most of the patients you might see for generalized weakness or totally disabled.

The Case Mangers and Administrators are persistent with their request for therapy referrals from the physician. Majority of therapy referrals are not appropriate for home health physical therapy. If you evaluate a patient and make clinical judgments regarding patient not in need of therapy or not appropriate for therapy be prepared to be questioned by the Administrator regarding this. The Administrator who is a nurse always questions and tries to influence you clinical judgment.

I had multiple scenarios where it was not safe for me to see the patient due to psychological impairment, as the patient was verbally and physically abusive but they are persistent with their request. They do not care about your safety. Base don my experience working with them they have questionable ethics and operate in the grey area.

They do not have patient confined in one area so be prepared to be driving in all four counties. On average I was driving 100-120 miles a day.

The office staff is not supportive at all; there have been numerous occasions where they have lost my documentation. They still use paper documentation, which is redundant. They have not figured out their workflow
  more... yet so be prepared for changes on weekly basis. Office staff and management are not open to suggestions/recommendation and do not deliver any promises. They are not resourceful as a company you might have to pull a teeth or two to get theraband or so. I have been using my personal resources to address my patient needs.

There goal is to run this place by PRN staff so this place is an open door when it comes to staffing and everything gets done on paper and in reality nothing get done. The do not care about their patients at all , none of there additional needs get addressed.

The administrator is forgetful, inconsistent, always make attempts to change or influence your clinical judgment. I would not trust this company for a penny numerous promises were made and undelivered.

Bottom line this company has questionable ethics, poor management that does not support the staff and have no resources.

I hope after reading this you get a good picture of this company and how they operate they do pay well but its not worth a penny due to hostile, unfriendly office environment, unrealistic expectation and stress related to this job.

Here is what you can expect salary wise.

Annual Salary of 92,000-98, 000

PRN Staff
Per visit PT: $ 80.00
ROC: $100.00
SOC:$ 120.00
PT Eval: $ 90.00
Pros
Cons
Please read
Data Entry- Filed (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiOctober 18, 2015
Very easy and fun to work. Everyone got a long very well. Management was good. Enjoyed helping customers making sure they got the right prescriptions and any other medical things we provided.
No Opinion
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
This company works hard to take care of their patients, but leaves little to be desired regarding their employees. I wish them the best in their future endeavors.
Great Director
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2015
I wish I could have taken my coworkers with me when I moved. We had a great work environment and helped each other out as needed. Our Director kept everyone working hard but not overworked. We respected her because she knew what she was doing. Breakfast was provided during morning meetings and positive comments were reviewed from patient surveys and from coworkers.
Improving Steadily
Administrator (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 18, 2012
Pinnacle has come a long way in the years that I have been an employee. From a small startup in Michigan to a nationwide company serving thousands of patients per year. There have been bumps in the road as with any corporation, but the management team is dedicated to making Pinnacle successful by consistently introducing new quality initiatives. Implementation of new policies, can be a challenge, however the team is supportive and new policies are understandable in a growing company. It is hard work, but very fulfilling. I love the driven individuals that I work with and take pride in the work that we do.
Pros
steady growth, strong core values, employee bonuses.
Cons
unexpected travel
Great, team oriented place to work
Office (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 18, 2015
I have worked here for 5 years. There may have been bumps in the road and changes in the company, but overall I love working here and love my team! Patients come first, we are always finding new ways to team build, new education and resources for our patients, and always a friendly environment. I feel I have job security and a purpose here. Jobs are hard- challenges help you improve. Giving our patients a better quality of life is our goal.

Comment – August 11, 2015

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are always looking for areas that we can improve on and having positive feedback helps us in continuous improvement.

Great team of people, Organization is ab invaluable resource to community.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2014
Provided opportunity for growth in skills needed for home health services such as readily available teaching materials and coordinated team approach to assist patient to reach goals . Management supportive and available to field staff. Challenging at times due to number of patients managing , however sharpened my organizational skills. Opportunities for growth in newer home care modalities to manage complex cases.
Pros
Effective attainment of goals for patients due to team coordination.
Cons
Duplication of documentation .
Terrible place to work!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 5, 2015
Awful awful awful!!!
Worked 10-12 hour days and then expected to come home and finish all charting on my time off!
Administrator is unreasonable and disrespectful to employees!
Questionable ethics!
Same patients getting referred 3 weeks after discharge over and over again!
I had absolutely no home life!
Terrible place to work!
Pros
Cons
no life outside of work

Comment – August 11, 2015

Hello, Sorry you had this experience with Pinnacle Senior Care. Your feedback is very helpful and we are working hard on making improvements.

terrible company to work for
RN (Current Employee) –  MIFebruary 3, 2013
Agree with the majority of posts so far! Terrible place to work. upper management group is overbearing and superior sed witemselves. Nurses are treated bad, and unrealistic expectations. No training provide compaares about is numbers - pressure to admit even if not home bound or no skilled need, and pressure to not discharge. Like other posters I don't know why Medicare isn't crawling all over these guys and shutting them down. If you're an RN save yourself the stress and run as fast as you can in the opposite direction! Current employee but not for long!
Worst work experience of my life!
FSC (Former Employee) –  BayCity, MIOctober 3, 2012
I was lured away from the Home Health Care I worked at due to a psych nurse that was given the opportunity to open the Saginaw office. It was great in the begining and went downhill fast. The management was awful! When I complained (working 7 days a week sometimes) they stuck me in an office the size of a small closet with no human contact. I gave my notice and was excoted of the property. I seriously almost had a nervous breakdown due to this experience. Be very careful when applying here. Get everything in writing. You'll need it!
Hard work a joke never given a chance
Certified Nursing Assistant / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 20, 2012
I worked for this current company for eight months in that time my job went from being prn to full time, then i was trainned on how to data enter information into required computer program, and offer a position that was then given to the administrator's daughter. over all i loved taking care of my patient's and working with the different nurses on staff, just unhappy with how much hard work i did that management never seemed to notice nor care about.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PINNACLE SENIOR CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9