Pinnacle Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

Prodictive and Awarding worplace environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYDecember 13, 2016
On a daily basis my job duties would require me to welcome new sick patients into the treatment center. I would prepare each patient for their doctor visit by obtaining an accurate set of vital signs and collecting full medical history reports. My job duties also required me to schedule appointments and enter data into computer software.
Corrupt, unethical, & dangerous
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 5, 2016
RUN! You don't need to be there long to see that it is operated on unprofessional, corrupt, unethical, illegal, morally bankrupt, and LETHAL practices.
Supervisor lacks leadership.
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioDecember 1, 2016
The RA supervisor curses in front of patients, criticizes Clinical Director and consistently lies and complains about"never having enough time to do her work". There continues to be confusion among work assignments due to her poor delegations skills. RA staff are expected to do lisenced Clinician's work by facilitating groups, unlawful practices... patients are aware of the negative atmospere and take advantage of it.RA's play patient favoritism, give lighters to the patient's without monitoring it's use... RA's behaviors would certainly not be occurring if the RA Supervisor was supervising.
Cons
Confusion and unlawful practices.
Miserable experience
Previously employed (Former Employee) –  VaNovember 25, 2016
No training, typical work week is 60-70 hours, 7 days a week. upper management micromanages every detail, and expects daily reports abound. Upper management expects you to be in multiple places at once with multiple plates spinning and then quickly release you when you say ANYtHING. Everything is about the dollar. As long as the RD and the CEO get there pretty bonuses, the clinical staff get screwed with poverty level pay and constant criticism. Seriously the staff turnover is insane... BC it is a really terrible place to work.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PANovember 11, 2016
I enjoyed the flexibility and staff. Great teamwork, small and intimate. New Director is supportive of staff and client centered. My family relocated reason for my change in employment.
Pros
hours, staff, environment
Northeast Family Healthcare great place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PANovember 5, 2016
This facility has a family atmosphere. The team is professional and cares about the patients. The team works well together in providing services to people struggling with addiction. The staff is friendly. Working with the patients and helping them achieve their goals is rewarding.
Pros
Hours, stable team
Cons
The employement is fine I just need a change
Recovery Works-IOP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Covington KYOctober 11, 2016
The place has had so many changes and employees I dont feel like I can be effective with the patients becasue of all the different changes based on people coming and going.
Unethical and illegal labor practices
Employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 20, 2016
I came into my position with promises of positive patient care. The things I experienced were anything but promising. Management is horrific, the more you give the more they expect. Such unethical work practices. It is about profit not patient care. Caseload and workloads are staggering. Underpaid staff, bullying and negativity abound. So glad I escaped one of the biggest mistakes ever...run don't walk!
Pros
Cons
Management expects you to be a robot, never question patient safety and work everyday of the week
Rewarding Job Opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJanuary 28, 2016
While working with Pinnacle Treatment Center I would say that my experience with the company was rewarding. Sharing the time that I had with my co-workers and being able to meet with the patients to gibe them help and support was very rewarding. In this workplace, the environment was very fast paced.
RUN from them fast!
Associate (Former Employee) –  KYJune 3, 2015
The most terrible place to work period. They treat there employees awful, they are the poster child for unethical practices. They will work you crazy hours and you will rarely sleep and never see your loved ones The people working there have more problems than the patients.Do not try to get help there, it is a dangerous place. They play favorites with some employees as well.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
everything else.
Corrupt and Unethical
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJMay 15, 2015
Terrible place to work. Large caseloads and little compensation for a lot of hard hours of work. The only plus was my coworkers who were friendly and fun to be around. The program director and those higher up in the company are corrupt and no one cares about the clients or the employees. It's all about the money they gain over anything else.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
EVERYTHING
Absolutely Terrible.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 8, 2015
Worked as a nurse at the Covington clinic for a very short while. The management is HORRIBLE. I've never worked with a supervisor as lazy and disrespectful as this one here. Was constantly talked down too by management and was repeatedly lied to. It got to the point where I would only speak to management via email/text so I could keep a record of our conversations. And boy oh boy did that come in handy. Pinnacle doesn't care about the patients well-being. There are no rules, as they change everyday. It's a uncontrolled jungle and I thank God everyday that I left. Keep in mind, you never see legitimate good reviews on here, and I am NOT a bitter employee that was fired or whatever. I'm just telling it like it is. I did three months hard time at pinnacle and I will NEVER go back.
Cons
Management. Management. Management.
Leaving was the best decision ever!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 26, 2015
Pinnacle does more harm than good to the people it serves. Rather than focusing on helping patients succeed in recovery, they focus on profits and a patient's ability to pay for treatment. They force counselors add goals to treatment plans regarding insurance or paying for treatment to get around the laws. Management encourages staff to commit fraud through false billing. If the census is low patients cannot be discharged no matter how severe their addiction. Patients can threaten staff's safety and life and not be discharged. Breaks, aside from lunch, are not allowed as management will remind you of that. There's no security either. Experience means nothing as people with no experience will be paid the same as those with several years.anagent also seems it appropriate to call you while you're on vacation for non-emergency matters. They have no respect for boundaries. Look elsewhere if you truly want to make a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Most coworkers
Cons
Everything else
counselor (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 6, 2015
I like working here. The hours are early morning which is typical in this field. The hours are early to meet the needs of the people we support. The staff care about the patients and are committed to working with them. Well managed program. Most patients are successful. The patients report that they are happy with their treatment. Payment is part of any service you receive in this country (dental visits, mechanic bills, co pays at doctors etc..) so I am not sure why former employees complain about that. There is not a lot of turnover at our clinic. My supervisor listens to staff and works with us. I feel the clinic runs well. Many patients thank staff for saving their life! I feel that many of the negative reviews are based on former employees who may have been let go for poor performance.
Pros
teamwork, most patients are successful, hours
Good
Counselor (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 28, 2015
Hours are early but the plus is that management is helpful and co-worker's are friendly "except for those few employees."

The hardest part about the job is the amount of patients that come in and out the program. Trying to get patients to comply with treatment. As it is in any organization.

Meeting new people, having interaction with patients and providing a service to better their lives.

In general, it is a fast pace environment and can be exciting. You just have to be able to manage your time right.

Staff hours are flexible.
Pros
Good work ethic and above average salary
Cons
Short lunch breaks and can be overwhelming at times
Pure Incompetence
THANK GOD IM NOT THERE ANYMORE (Former Employee) –  MT. POCONOOctober 28, 2014
This is the most unethical, unempathetic place i have ever worked for. They are money hungry that is all they care about.The only thing that i enjoyed was the hours and my co-workers. There is very poor management and no guidance for staff. I was sadened to leave my patients as the have to continue to attend clinic.
Pros
AM HOURS
Cons
EVERYTHING
Rewarding place to work
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Keyport, NJOctober 2, 2014
I have learned a great deal about working with the disease of addiction.
Pros
The hours are flexiable
Cons
The hours are flexiable
Terrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KyAugust 7, 2014
This is a terrible place to work! No ethics, management cannot be trusted! They do not care about anything but money. NOTHING about getting or keeping people sober.. The patients run the place! They let people with no managerial experience in management positions and they have no idea what they are doing.. All employees are overworked and under paid. Be aware before you apply. It's not what they say it is..
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no ethics
Patient centered
Drug and Alcohol Lead Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ashley, PAMarch 6, 2014
Work started at 5:45 am until 2:15 pm. Assisted patients with treatment occurring to their individualized needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinnacle Treatment Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5