Pinnacle Treatment Centers

Pinnacle Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

RUN from them fast!
Associate (Former Employee), KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: everything else.
The most terrible place to work period. They treat there employees awful, they are the poster child for unethical practices. They will work you crazy hours and you will rarely sleep and never see your loved ones The people working there have more problems than the patients.Do not try to get help there, it is a dangerous place. They play favorites with some employees as well.
Corrupt and Unethical
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee), Phillipsburg, NJMay 15, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: EVERYTHING
Terrible place to work. Large caseloads and little compensation for a lot of hard hours of work. The only plus was my coworkers who were friendly and fun to be around. The program director and those higher up in the company are corrupt and no one cares about the clients or the employees. It's all about the money they gain over anything else.
Absolutely Terrible.
Nurse (Former Employee), Covington, KYApril 8, 2015
Cons: Management. Management. Management.
Worked as a nurse at the Covington clinic for a very short while. The management is HORRIBLE. I've never worked with a supervisor as lazy and disrespectful as this one here. Was constantly talked down too by management and was repeatedly lied to. It got to the point where I would only speak to management via email/text so I could keep a record of our conversations. And boy oh boy did that come in handy. Pinnacle doesn't care about the patients well-being. There are no rules, as they change everyday. It's a uncontrolled jungle and I thank God everyday that I left. Keep in mind, you never see legitimate good reviews on here, and I am NOT a bitter employee that was fired or whatever. I'm just telling it like it is. I did three months hard time at pinnacle and I will NEVER go back.
Leaving was the best decision ever!
Counselor (Former Employee), PAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Most coworkers
Cons: Everything else
Pinnacle does more harm than good to the people it serves. Rather than focusing on helping patients succeed in recovery, they focus on profits and a patient's ability to pay for treatment. They force counselors add goals to treatment plans regarding insurance or paying for treatment to get around the laws. Management encourages staff to commit fraud through false billing. If the census is low patients cannot be discharged no matter how severe their addiction. Patients can threaten staff's safety and life and not be discharged. Breaks, aside from lunch, are not allowed as management will remind you of that. There's no security either. Experience means nothing as people with no experience will be paid the same as those with several years.anagent also seems it appropriate to call you while you're on vacation for non-emergency matters. They have no respect for boundaries. Look elsewhere if you truly want to make a difference in someone's life.
counselor (Current Employee), PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: teamwork, most patients are successful, hours
I like working here. The hours are early morning which is typical in this field. The hours are early to meet the needs of the people we support. The staff care about the patients and are committed to working with them. Well managed program. Most patients are successful. The patients report that they are happy with their treatment. Payment is part of any service you receive in this country (dental visits, mechanic bills, co pays at doctors etc..) so I am not sure why former employees complain about that. There is not a lot of turnover at our clinic. My supervisor listens to staff and works with us. I feel the clinic runs well. Many patients thank staff for saving their life! I feel that many of the negative reviews are based on former employees who may have been let go for poor performance.
GOOD
Counselor (Current Employee), PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: good work ethic and above average salary
Cons: short lunch breaks and can be overwhelming at times
Hours are early but the plus is that management is helpful and co-worker's are friendly "except for those few employees."

The hardest part about the job is the amount of patients that come in and out the program. Trying to get patients to comply with treatment. As it is in any organization.

Meeting new people, having interaction with patients and providing a service to better their lives.

In general, it is a fast pace environment and can be exciting. You just have to be able to manage your time right.

Staff hours are flexible.
Pure Incompetence
THANK GOD IM NOT THERE ANYMORE (Former Employee), MT. POCONOOctober 28, 2014
Pros: am hours
Cons: everything
This is the most unethical, unempathetic place i have ever worked for. They are money hungry that is all they care about.The only thing that i enjoyed was the hours and my co-workers. There is very poor management and no guidance for staff. I was sadened to leave my patients as the have to continue to attend clinic.
Rewarding place to work
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Keyport, NJOctober 2, 2014
Pros: the hours are flexiable
Cons: the hours are flexiable
I have learned a great deal about working with the disease of addiction.
Terrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), Georgetown, KyAugust 7, 2014
Cons: poor management, poor pay, no ethics
This is a terrible place to work! No ethics, management cannot be trusted! They do not care about anything but money. NOTHING about getting or keeping people sober.. The patients run the place! They let people with no managerial experience in management positions and they have no idea what they are doing.. All employees are overworked and under paid. Be aware before you apply. It's not what they say it is..
Interesting field in Addiction Medicine/poor management
Clinical Staff (Former Employee), KyFebruary 8, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no structure, poor pay, high turnover
Chaos! Extremely high turnover rate for employees due to poor structure and extremely high patient/nurse ratio. Disheartening to watch clients fall through the system without adequate rehabilitation because the company is money focused vs. patient outcome focused. Employees have zero support from management to implement structure and it is dysfunctional to say the least. Society has been wronged by the high cost if inpatient chemical dependency rehabilitation when patients leave in worse condition than they were in when they arrived. Pay is unfair considering the work environment. It's much like a detention center with zero security. It is understaffed and under facilitated when it comes to supplies and work materials. They lie...promising promotions, etc., but never carry through. If you enjoy unstructured, chaotic, exhausting work environments, this may be for you. If you are looking for an environment where opportunity for growth and learning are optimum and emphasis are put on improving care instead of making profit, look elsewhere.
Headquarters