Pinnacle Wireless Employee Reviews

Not organized
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 19, 2017
Management was always leaving and being replaced. There was no stability with management and employee relations. There was several people in charge so there was no clear instruction.
Very Challenging and Productive work environment
Systems Integration (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJuly 25, 2016
Building RF systems for public safety with new challenges to be engineered. Time constrained projects with resourceful managers and dedicated co-workers working to meet timelines. Hardest part of the job may waiting for a vendor to deliver product. Best part of the job is listening to customers awe at our systems.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJApril 4, 2016
It started as a great company but once the filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy they started laying a lot of good techs and workers.
In prime
Project Manager - Sprint (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMarch 14, 2016
In its prime Pinnacle was a great place - but new management hurt the relationships with clientele and internal employees.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Bad Management
Bad
Telecommunications technician and tower climber (Former Employee) –  new Milford njApril 2, 2015
Not a place i would recommend to anyone as a source of income. The staff is limited the vehicles are limited the tools are falling apart and the employees do not follow safety procedures.
Pros
The day i left the company
Cons
The fact that i even wasted my time there in the first place
N/a
Wireless Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 1, 2015
A definite work experience, I learn a few things in my time with Pinnacle. Management started to fall apart at the end of my time. All my co- workers were great to work with some more than others.
Emerging Chapter 11
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Emerging Chapter 11 - Currently they are dysfunctional and no direction. Was a public company now owned by the banks and cutting SG&A to break even. Need to focus on growth and sales.
Growing business enviroment
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Was able to grown in the short time of 2.5 years from a Project Admin to A/R Analyst. My typical days work consists of various tasks from entering invoices in needed systems and obtaining all documents needed to working on collections. I have learned a lot of my skills from my posts such and running reports, macros, pivot tables, etc. The hardest part of my job is collecting on very old unpaid invoices with lack of documentation but I still ensure to work my hardest on obtaining everything needed to submit and get paid. The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with other market coworkers and customer/vendor relationships.
I'm all in one office machine with personality
Project/Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 29, 2014
From 7am - 8:30am I communicated with the GM's, PM's, CM's and Leads to gather the crew count for the day and report revenue per day/tech to compile a report for my General Manager. Then from about 8:30am - noon, I entered hours in PROS for the entire West Region which included Oregon. Woodland, Orange, Las Vegas, Arizona, and Texas. When payroll was done, next came travel arrangements, paperwork such as transfers, disciplinary actions, all Human Resources related tasks, IT help desk reporting and tracking issues, schedule training for required certification, track certs, catalog all electronic equipment issued out and inventoried. I learned to be flexible and how to work closely with so many different kinds of people from students to Vice Presidents. I understand that My managers were under a lot pressure to keep the office running, but I was somewhat disappointed that the focus always ended becoming band aids to fix problems on the surface. In my experiences, I've found that starting at the core of any problem in a business starts with a quality core group who not only know their job and then some, BUT equally important is the dynamics of the core group. I'm pretty proud to say that I'm malleable when it comes to working with others. I love interacting with other no matter their differences or personalities. I have quick wit and decent sense of humor. Parts of my job that made me uncomfortable were the times when common sense was not integrated into decisions. It makes for unwanted results that came to haunt the office in the long run. The best part of my job was assisting  more... those in need from benefits helping with benefits enrollment to having a killer day submitting large invoices for AR.  less
Pros
Flexible schedule, interesting, challenging
Cons
Some processes needed streamlining but I was out of my control
free lunch and breakfast sometimes
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 22, 2014
just same as bove.
Everything went well. I learned how to troubleshout fibers and Radio heads.
The management was awesom.
Co workers were coorperative.
Hardest part of the job is always during the cold season.
Most enjoyable part is during the hot season.
Constantly being trained for growth in the company
Battery Technician (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 30, 2014
Trained as a rescue climber, also trained in CPR and also OSHA.
I was in charge of the crew of 3-5 individuals in order to maintain battery operations. I also ensured the installation of batteries. Attended weekly safety meetings to ensure proper installations of batteries. Accurately read, understood and carried out written instructions.
Pros
Traveled, constant training to allow growth with company
good team work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland CaliforniaJuly 7, 2014
To much work for one PM.
They need more PM support.
They need to learn how to system work.
Fun group of people.
Trying to do the best of my ability with out help.
I can work from home too.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Not enought support.
Long hours, little appreciation
Project Manager/ Estimator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2014
A typical day started at 6AM and go until 7PM or later. The work week was typically 7 days a week. There were a lot of times I skipped lunch because I had so many tasks that needed to be completed that I would work right through lunch.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with those at the local level. The disconnect came at the corporate level. Each time someone would leave to pursue a different career path the position would never get backfilled so it would just increase the workload on those of us that were left until work is all we did.

The job gave me greater understanding of what it takes to run a business on a day to day basis and what it takes to manage employees and customers.

The fact that we did all our work on laptops was a blessing and a curse. The blessing came from the fact that if I need to I could work anywhere and curse was most of the time I would come home from work and eat dinner and then open up my laptop and go back to work until late at night, never having time to spend time with my family. Because of the work load this became an everyday occurrence.
Pros
Could work from home when needed.
Cons
Understaffed, long hours, lack of corporate support
Not a Stable Company
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 16, 2014
Very poor management with very little support from the corporate office for potential new customers. Good hard working core group of in-office employees' . Corporate personnel does not have the the capable people in place to grow the company's business potential.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Poor Managment
Inexperienced management team with lack of communication to employees
Construction Manager - AT&T New England (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 20, 2013
New Turf Vender for AT&T Mobility. Pinnacle/Unitek did not have the proper experience and management in place to meet AT&T' aggressive build schedule.
Productive company with a "can-do" work culture
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, NJOctober 2, 2013
Productive company with a "can-do" work culture. Improvements needed within Management, Systems and Processes.
The workplace is hardworking
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTAugust 4, 2013
A typical day at work involves driving to different sites to work on cell towers. I have learned something new about my job everyday, and my coworkers are hard working and honest. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see different parts of the country.
Wireless production and contract environment
Warehouse and production manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2012
During the time I was there, better work flow from departments, and contracts were honored without any problems. Company closed after I left.
Pros
fast output of product, workforce had high potential.