PinnacleHealth System

PinnacleHealth System United States Employee Reviews

Stay away from Hospital health care positions!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg.March 13, 2015
Pros: met some wonderful co workers thru the years.
Cons: layoffs, unfair work practices. at mercy of unfair system!
Employed 20 plus years but instead of going up ladder, it was all downhill. Laid off several times and shuttled around to different depts. Nepotism was rampant. Employees at mercy of managers since there were no checks and balances. Nothing to show for my loyalty and hard work!
i was hired by PinnacleHealth but then outsourced
Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: management by fear and intimidation
When I was a Pinnacle employee, it was great. Understanding manager and human resource department, fair compensation, great benefits. Then I guess flash and cash trumped knowledge, skills, customer service, and professionalism when we were outsourced. All i can say now is you get what you pay for.
a leader in innovative health care
PCA/unit secretary/med tech (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits vacation and furthering education funds available
Cons: most days no lunch, lately everyday staffing needs improvement
Pinnaclehealth is a strong leader in healthcare, their growth rate is excellent,they do afford many opportunities to progress in what you may choose to follow. My co workers are wonderful to work with and are very professional and knowlegable about their jobs, team work is often used, the hardest part of my job is as I am getting older the physical demands can be hard, although i always give 100% the most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of my patients, the downside is we are not staffed fully everyday to allow this to happen I believe in giving everyone excellent care , most days that is becoming harder due to staffing needs
Very Highly organize company
Student intern ( Project manager) (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
CAD design using Computer-Aid Design AutoCAD for 3D modeling, revising Architectural drawings and structural floor plans.• Reviewing contract drawings and subcontractors’ work for compliance and productivity.
Education reimbursement
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: lack of breaks
They paid for my college education, and gave me a secure job!
Close-knit coworkers with an ever-changing workload
Security Agent (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: disgruntled patients
A typical day at work consists of dealing with the physical security of the Pinnacle Health interior and exterior, along with coordinating agents, by use of CCTV and radios. Thus far, I've learned teamwork, in dangerous situations, how to calm down an angry individual, though words, and in extreme circumstances, how to handle myself, if threatened. The hardest part of the job has been adjusting to working overnight shifts, where one does not know who is about to approach the hospital or that individual's agenda. The supervisors are what make the job go by smoothly, and as such, are a reason to enjoy the job. The overnight supervisors, in particular, are always there to support decisions and provide advice, if the situation calls for it.
Staff and physicians are excellent
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: health coverage, vacation time, great staff
Cons: missed or extremely late lunch, no breaks, management issues
Enjoyed working with the physicians and staff. Loved my job! Offered a lot of diversity with procedures, work environment...would travel to the OR, ICU and ER to do procedures. Ancillary personnel were fantastic from the radiology department to the Operating room personnel to the transportation staff. Hardest part of the job was the unpredictability of caseload...working in a hospital environment there were a lot of add on emergency cases...due to lack of staff to finish the day I frequently put in 10 to 12 hours one day and other days was expected to go home either using PTO or without pay. Recently a change in management has made the work environment more stressful. Prior to the last 2 years management seemed to want to work with the staff...no longer true.
Work review
Associate IS Analyst (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 23, 2013
Pros: flexible manager
Cons: short staffed
A typical day at work for me includes many things such as answering emails, trouble shooting, making workflows and documentation, and training healthcare professionals on the EHR. The hardest part of my job is trying to train individuals who are not willing to learn. With that being said, that also is my favorite part of the job as well. I love a challenge and when I have a student who is not willing to learn, I try harder to make them want to learn. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the people I'm training actually learning and understanding different concepts. I love seeing the lightbulbs go off when they understand something.
Overall a great place to work
Mgr UM (Current Employee), PAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: competent staff, good health benefits, good work environment, bonuses for certification, clinical ladder opportunities
Cons: micromanaging leaders; expected to work 24/7 - family life takes a back seat.
case management at this facility is extremely challenging. They are responsible for obtaining authorizations for urgent/emergent admissions and post acute care services. They are responsible for utilization management and discussions with insurance companies when admissions are denied or downgraded. They are responsible for discharge planning and coordinating family meetings/family discussions with attendings.
Leadership in this department/transitional care is also challenging because they do not have experience doing the job and are unreasonable with expectations. There is no distinction between social work and the case managers which puts undue pressure on the case managers to accomplish their tasks for the day. Team leaders do not seek to assist their team when asked to do so.
The physicians who utilize this facility have not bought into case management and what it's "all about". It's never an 8-4:30 job - you always stay late and be expected to work at home as well on off hours. You will be frustrated with leadership, no doubt about it.
Be careful when getting instruction from leadership - write everything down. Make sure you know your processes inside out and upside down. There is no room for error in this department. It would be beneficial to have had a SixSigma Yellow or Green belt training prior to considering this job. This facility is SixSigma.
Overall the job is wonderful - if you can tolerate micromanagement, i.e., rehearsing phone conversations or conversations with manager prior to talking with staff; having email reviewed prior to sending out; delivering a staff meeting with leaders sitting in front mouthing words to say, sitting in meetings scheduled for an hour lasting for at least 2 hours, leader answering phone calls during one on one meeting times.
During my time, the administration was great
Cardiologist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 18, 2013
Pros: able to accomplish goals
Cons: constant vigilence needed
Much has since changed, but, at the time, we had a great team of hard working people, and succeeded in national recognition in several areas.

Hardest part = occasional personality issues
Good place
EMS Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 8, 2012
Good place to work. Very busy service. Had no issues as an employee.

About PinnacleHealth System

PinnacleHealth is a pioneer not-for-profit healthcare system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for the people – Read more