Pioneer Bank Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Pioneer Bank is an interesting place to work. The employees are the nicest and most welcoming employees that you will ever meet any where. They work hard and are just great people, however, they are afraid to have a different opinion other than what the CEO states, which means the bank is run as a dictatorship.

The bank is currently going through a merger and hopefully the new management team will be able to change the culture of the bank but only time will tell.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
CEO and high benefit cost for a family
Loan Operation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 22, 2015
Busy everyday. Learned about delinquent customer accounts. Did not know to much about the management. My co-worker was knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the job was listening to customer views about their accounts. But, I help them on their complaints on solving their problems.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Benefits an
productive, inspiring fun place to work
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 2, 2015
Awesome place to work, with wonderful benefits, new things always inspiring me to work harder, very supportive management team, Always pushing me to do better and keep me informed on all new and upcoming products and new things for me to learn, promotions followed quickly, and much room for advancement, always such an easy and fun place to work, always enjoyed getting up everyday to go to work.
Pros
fun work events for different things happening in the bank
Assistant Cashier/Loan Officer & Assistant Branch (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 28, 2016
A typical day was seeing customers for depositing, loans and training. A lot was learned as a banker, working with people in the bank and outside of the bank. Served as President of National Association of Bank Women of Northwest Louisiana. Some improvement for management, but good working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was moving up, but most of all working at the bank was enjoyable.
Pros
The opportunity to participate in the community.
Not a postitve place for me. Management acted unprofessional.
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 25, 2016
I worked at the bank for a few months. I enjoyed the work as a teller. My immediate supervisor seemed to have some vendetta against me. She was extremely rude when I asked her a question and I am sure she had everything to do with getting me dismissed. I did not have a positive experience there.
Handling high volume walk in costumers
Teller (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMay 4, 2016
When safe to enter the branch I log into computer, open vault containing my box of cash for the day. Open night deposits which are also on my computer which then get processed. During lobby hours I answer the phone, provided information on account balances or info regarding deposits and processed transactions.
Pros
always matched my totals at the end of the day
Cons
hectic environment at times
Pioneer Bank was a very good learning experience for me. It paved the way for Excellent Service Skills and The Company was pro-active in Education.
Bank Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
A typical day at work was the exceptional customer service that we provided and offered with Pioneer Bank. This institution trained us with an exemplary model of good training and people skills. Pioneer Bank was also very pro-active in continual education for the Bank Tellers as well as the Bank Management programs they provided. It was a very rewarding experience!
Pros
Consistent informational meetings, educational products and info, and Free pizza lunches on Fridays
Cons
none.
productive fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 27, 2016
Very hard but rewarding place
I loved my residence
hard to see them pass
loved listening to their stories
I learned different people personalities
Branch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanardsville, VAMarch 5, 2016
Pioneer Bank is a wonderful place to work they are very understanding of things when they come up with your children or a family emergency. The company however doesn't offer much room for you to advance further within.
My work highlights at Pioneer Bank of Roswell, NM
Loan Processor/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NM 88201March 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Pioneer Bank. The atmosphere and supervisors were a pleasure to be around. The bank made an employee feel appreciated.
Pros
Bonuses, Christmas Party, Employee lunches
Good solid Community Bank
Vice President, Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Stanley, VAMay 11, 2015
Solid community Bank. Lots of women in higher management positions. Work life balance is good. Opportunity for training for higher level positions.
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany NYJuly 22, 2014
First of all..Pioneer Savings Bank - Pioneer Bank is only located in the Capital Region in upstte ny an many of these reviews are for another company..However I really enjoyed my time here it was a great learning experience that has helped me develop in my career!
Pros
learning the management skills. time off. pay.
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Document Custodian (Former Employee) –  Roswell NMJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of, Pulling and putting away files. Assembling any new files that come in. Using Microsoft word and Excel. Computer systems that the company uses. Post closing checklists. Faxing any documents needing to be sent over. Making copies. Sending Refinance Packages. Answering all phone calls. Etc. I learned how to work as a team and always stay positive and busy while working at Pioneer Bank. The management at Pioneer bank is outstanding. All co workers there are very professional and everyone gets along great. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with your work, you always have to be on top of things. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to have your own cubicle space to work, it makes you stay a lot more focused.
Professional atmosphere
Head Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJuly 8, 2014
A typical day at work would include Supervising tellers with their daily transactions, i would monitor and balance the main vault as well as the tellers drawers. I would resolve any customer conflicts and work closely with upper management. I also had a teller drawer to perform cash/check transactions and opened new accounts. The hardest part of the job was finding a balance between the customers and employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers find products to best fit there needs.
Pros
employee contests, saturday meetings
Cons
large turn-over rate in emplyees
Community Bank Job
Commercial Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAOctober 15, 2012
Nice co-workers, weak management. Best part was working with my clients and for my direct supervisor.
Pros
close to home
Cons
little opportunity for advancement
If I could give this company negative stars I would.
Customer Service Representative, New Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 12, 2012
Poor management with ego problems, no room for advancement.
Cons
everything
Pioneer
Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 3, 2015
Growing faster than it can keep up with. Weird supervisory structure that often leave you in charge of your own job. No one to train or lead you.
Pros
Limited Supervision
Cons
Limited Supervision
Team Atmosphere
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Delmar, NYAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working with management and my coworkers, I met many great people while at Pioneer Bank. I worked for Pioneer for many years, it helped to shape my team work ethic.
Wonderful work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIApril 29, 2014
Everyone at Pioneer Bank was like family. The upper management really took the time to get to know everyone in the company, no matter what your positon was.
great service
New Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMSeptember 18, 2012
great customer service and strive to help customers
the hardest part is moving up in the company because it is such a small company
Pros
dedication to take care of customer
Cons
management