Pioneer Bank Employee Reviews

Sales and Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Watervliet, NYJuly 23, 2017
Great communication between upper management and employees. I really enjoy the ability to grow and promote employees under my review. I love obtaining and growing business relationships. I am very goal oriented and love meeting and exceeding goals.
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJune 28, 2017
Pioneer Bank is a great place to be a part of. They have trained and help me grow as an individual. I have been a part of the downtown and corporate branch and the people that have worked with have really gave me an amazing experience.
Okay for an starter job or summer job.
Audit and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMay 26, 2017
Management can be a real stab in the back. No clear decision process. Lots of people coming and going. No real employee support system. Not keen on keeping good people there.
Potential to grow
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, Tx.April 25, 2017
The bank has potential to grow in the El Paso market and management is looking for the right people to assist in that process. The bank needs better communication but provides enough training.
Pros
Co workers are easy to work with
Cons
Lack of communication
Nice and challenging place to work
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMApril 11, 2017
We are a very busy bank so days are very fast paced. You learn a lot and get up to speed quickly. The environment is enjoyable as well as the employees.
No advancement
Teller (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 10, 2017
You do not get advanced unless your friends with the higher ups. I was promised advancement and a raise for over 6 months and nothing ever happened. When I left they did not even try to make me stay.
Pros
paid time off, extra pay for saturday
Cons
no advancements, extremely low pay
Stressful and unorganized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 30, 2017
Training is very unorganized and not very informative which makes for a stressful work day. There is no job security they can fire you at anytime without a legitimate reason.
Pros
Flexible with time off if needed
Cons
Price of health care increases, not enough job training, lots of back stabbing if you're not in the click
Nice place to work with wonderful employees
Paid Loan Processor - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Webster and Sugar LandMarch 7, 2017
I enjoyed the 10 years that I worked for First Community Bank, N.A/Pioneer Bank. Good employees and my job was redesigned several times as I did other jobs outside my own depending of availability. I learned a lot outside of my own job and liked the variety of work presented to me. I had two very good supervisors that cared about their employees and made sure they were taken care of and furnished with everything they needed to make their jobs a success. We operated like a well-oiled machine. We pitched in where needed.
Pros
Not over managed, let us take it and run with it.
Cons
When we moved to Sugarland the drive was terrible.
Productive, fast paced environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 21, 2017
It was a good place to work, had a lot of benefits. Great people to work with and the hours were good. It was a pleasant work environment. A typical work day would be taking deposits and doing withdrawals and counting bags.
First full time banking experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYNovember 20, 2016
Trustco offers many locations for customers to bank at. Learned a lot in this banking experience that I have used in my continued banking carrier.
Good, hardworking employees
Loan Processor/Disbursement Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 9, 2016
I loved working for Pioneer Bank. My co-workers were incredibly helpful and supportive. I worked with a great team. I had great mentors during my Pioneer Career.
Assistant Head Teller (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYSeptember 20, 2016
I learned a lot from working there. Pioneer bank helped me grow into what I am today by giving me the tools for success. Always giving me the go and the strength to want more in life.
Pros
was more for the people
Cons
can be difficult to please everyones needs
productive fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXJune 27, 2016
Very hard but rewarding place
I loved my residence
hard to see them pass
loved listening to their stories
I learned different people personalities
Not a postitve place for me. Management acted unprofessional.
Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 25, 2016
I worked at the bank for a few months. I enjoyed the work as a teller. My immediate supervisor seemed to have some vendetta against me. She was extremely rude when I asked her a question and I am sure she had everything to do with getting me dismissed. I did not have a positive experience there.
Handling high volume walk in costumers
Teller (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYMay 4, 2016
When safe to enter the branch I log into computer, open vault containing my box of cash for the day. Open night deposits which are also on my computer which then get processed. During lobby hours I answer the phone, provided information on account balances or info regarding deposits and processed transactions.
Pros
always matched my totals at the end of the day
Cons
hectic environment at times
Assistant Cashier/Loan Officer & Assistant Branch (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 28, 2016
A typical day was seeing customers for depositing, loans and training. A lot was learned as a banker, working with people in the bank and outside of the bank. Served as President of National Association of Bank Women of Northwest Louisiana. Some improvement for management, but good working with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was moving up, but most of all working at the bank was enjoyable.
Pros
The opportunity to participate in the community.
My work highlights at Pioneer Bank of Roswell, NM
Loan Processor/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NM 88201March 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Pioneer Bank. The atmosphere and supervisors were a pleasure to be around. The bank made an employee feel appreciated.
Pros
Bonuses, Christmas Party, Employee lunches
Branch Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanardsville, VAMarch 5, 2016
Pioneer Bank is a wonderful place to work they are very understanding of things when they come up with your children or a family emergency. The company however doesn't offer much room for you to advance further within.
Loan Operation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 22, 2015
Busy everyday. Learned about delinquent customer accounts. Did not know to much about the management. My co-worker was knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the job was listening to customer views about their accounts. But, I help them on their complaints on solving their problems.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Benefits an
Pioneer Bank was a very good learning experience for me. It paved the way for Excellent Service Skills and The Company was pro-active in Education.
Bank Teller/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
A typical day at work was the exceptional customer service that we provided and offered with Pioneer Bank. This institution trained us with an exemplary model of good training and people skills. Pioneer Bank was also very pro-active in continual education for the Bank Tellers as well as the Bank Management programs they provided. It was a very rewarding experience!
Pros
Consistent informational meetings, educational products and info, and Free pizza lunches on Fridays
Cons
none.