Pioneer College Caterers

Pioneer College Caterers Employer Reviews

productive
Worker (Current Employee), Marion, INApril 25, 2014
I have learned more patience and people skills through working here
Bad Choice
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), New YorkApril 13, 2014
Pros: great kids.
Cons: work 80 hours a week.
They say you work a 55 hour work week but it's closer to 80-85. You start at 6:00 am and I've worked past 12:00 am. Most of your help is college students which is fine until you take a day off. The up side is the students are fun to serve and very polite. The best part of the job was giving notice.
Kennel Manager/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Barbourville kyMarch 19, 2014
Every time I came to work I would always have list of task that I needed to accomplish through out the day and once I would get ahead on my task and had free time I would help others. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone on task, every now and then people would either get to far ahead or behind on certain things which would throw off the – more... flow of work. I loved working there, it was almost like a family. – less
Fun serving and working with students
Cook (Former Employee), Barrington, RIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: living and working at a college
Cons: poor timing of a lay off.
With Pioneer College Caterers at Zion Bible College, I found it a joy to do something I loved helping and serving others . Enjoyed mentoring students and feeding them.

I followed guidelines and recipes that Pioneer wanted me to follow and tried my best to work with staff and college workers.

Prepared food and strived to make fresh items that looks – more... smelled and taste great. I would batch the items like stir fry and vegetables, and make desserts from scratch.

One thing I learned was to better pay attention to what my manager wanted. We learned to work well with each other and she tried to help me when the college was going to move closer to me home.
Kept me working during the summer to help with the move.

My only regret is that the day I left to find a place near to the new campus . I had put a deposit and rent on a apartment. That same day I was laid off by the company for the rest of the summer.

It forced me to leave and find other employment. – less
Great company
Food Associate (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 9, 2014
This is a great company. They provide a good food service to college students.
Best food service enviroment I have ever worked in.
Executive Chef/Assistant food service Director (Former Employee), Cedarville, OHDecember 23, 2013
Pros: free meal, great working enviroment
Cons: call ins, high turnover
Arrive 7am greet everyone,check e-mail, make a task list for the day to iclude odering product for snack shop,book store, catering, and board plan.Check to see if I need to write any menus for special events, check production levels,taste line items.check on special diets, Prepare luncheons for that day if applicable, conduct staff meeting 10:30am. – more... Make sure special projects are being taken care of. Lunch 11:00-1:30 serve 2,500.Make sure all orders are placed (7different proveyers deliveries daily)Check on kitchen managers make sure they are holding staff accountable for thier respocibilities. prepare for dinner parties if applicable, get ready for dinner 4:30-7:00pm Usually I would leave around 6-6:00pm the production manager can handle closing, sometimes it's later depending on special events.

Ilearned to be more patient,this place is large account and thier are lot of moving parts that have to be maintained, and if you are not patient a person could easily become overwhelemed.

Upper management is good,but a lot of times they would make deccission that affect operation of the unit without input of middle management.

Loved them.

Dealing with poor attendance.

Watching people learn and grow. – less
Good company
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: major holidays off while school is closed
Cons: long work weeks when school is in session
Small Contract foodservice company catering exclusively to christian universitys
Busy but Pleasant workplace
Office Manager Assistant (Former Employee), Marion, INAugust 15, 2013
Pros: flexible student scheduling
During my time there, I learned how to handle all aspects of an office job. I enjoyed getting to know all the staff better by being secretary and assistant. It was a busy but still pleasant workplace.
Fun
Shift supervisor at 42nd street deli (Former Employee), Marion, INJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch
The people who work there are nice. The management is great! and the place is clean!
An excellent Job to have while going to college
Dish room Attendant (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMay 13, 2013
Pros: good friends, great conversation, can be a great time.
Cons: very warm temperatures, and it is loud
While working in a dish room a person must be willing to work in a place that can be very warm and very noisy. A person also must be willing to get wet, it is a dish room you will be working with water. So it is expected. I have learned how to problem solve many different problems that happened. I have fixed the dish washer machine during the rush hour. – more... Help others stock plates back to where they need to go.
The hardest part is when the rush comes, I have to make sure that the conveyor belt is clear of plates so that others can have things to wash so that we don't get back up. – less
Good people, good management
Coffee Barista (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 26, 2013
Pioneer was a great place to work for. The manager was always really nice to me, I just needed more hours than what they were giving me.
Fun to work for as a student
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee), Cedarville, OHApril 25, 2013
As a student I was able to work in a good environment that understood my schedule.
Great place to gain skills
Asst. Director (Former Employee), Olathe, KSNovember 29, 2012
Freedom to learn many new skills through daily activities.
working at a College the enthusiasm of the students kept me upbeat
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 28, 2012
Pros: work hours not bad 7-3 off in time to go to the gym
Cons: only considered part time. pay not to good.
Cooking for others is kinda rewarding in a way, I very seldom had a complaint, more compliments than anything. Learning new things has always been exciting for me.
great place to work
Cashier, Clean and Sanitation, Customer Service (Former Employee), Grayson, KentuckySeptember 24, 2012
it is an amazing place to work

wish i never had to leave at the end of the school year!!!
A good team of poeple
Chef (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: great food, mangement great
Cons: closed for holidays weeks at a time
I enjoyed what I did there but I was tired of working 2 diffrent jobs at the same time.