Pioneer College Caterers Employee Reviews

been too long
Food Service Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIAugust 18, 2017
far removed, no opinion. haven't worked there in many years, don't have an opinion on this company anymore. it was good when I worked there 14 years ago
Bad managers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 23, 2017
Hard to work with management. They lacked knowledge of managing and did not understand their own roles. The staff was fun to work with. Very fast paced during rush hours
Pros
staff
Cons
managment
Great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJuly 10, 2017
They live up to there mission statement. Great to have off in the summer, and during christmas break.
Pay is reasonable, and good Health benifits.
Would recommand to otheres
Pros
Room to grow
Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmore, KYJune 20, 2017
The people from the company are great folks to work for. Our Customers and Client have been great as well. I love coming to work and doing my job, because I am appreciated.
Pros
Time off
Enjoyable work environment
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Cedarville, OHJune 12, 2017
I loved working here because of the manager. She is fun to be around, and there is always work to do, so you never get bored. You are treated amazing, and you have a good time serving others.
Pros
Free meals, Great Coworkers, Flexible Hours
Work Study job at college
General cook and server (Former Employee) –  Barbourville, KYMay 19, 2017
It was a work study job at union college. Fairly flexible hours and chances to acquire more hours as needed. Generally nice co-workers and management.
Pros
Free meal with each shift
Great!
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 6, 2017
Worked with school schedule, made sure students were taken care off, helped give more hours if you needed them, worked with you if you needed time off
The unplanned nature
Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 19, 2017
The nature of Pioneer, is that you may never know what you will walk into. It could be a slow day with no chaos, or a day that is full of problems.Great people to work with.
Family environment. We help each other and do the best we can.
sous chef (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking in, sanitizing myself, turning on the proper equipment, conferring with the executive chef about the upcoming meal, preparing the meal, watching out for cross contamination and danger zones. I have learned how to cook meals and how to multitask while waiting for things to finish cooking. Management is good and familial with the workers. the workplace culture is multicultural due to our kitchen being at a university. The hardest part of the job is making mistakes and learning from them quickly, so as to not make them again. The best part of the job consist of a couple of things: the staff and the opportunity to have this job.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no healthcare
family oriented
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
fun, friendly people, easy calls, laid back, not overtime necessary, management was great to work with, this is not a stressful job because the calls are not that frequent.
Pros
easy
Cons
don't make a lot of money
Fun, professional kitchen with a great group of people
Runner (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Bosses are very helpful and willing to work with whatever situation you are in. Kitchen work provides a lot of opportunities for branching out skills. Hours are flexible. Unfortunately, most shifts are fairly short.
Pros
Free food during shifts, Flexible hours, Fun people, Opportunities for experience
Cons
Short shifts
Fun place to work and meet new people
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedarville, OH 45314December 29, 2016
The managers we have here are some of the best people you could ask to work with. They won't hound you but they will show authority when needed but that is not very often. They will work with you and even help out doing your work with you if you need the help. My co-workers are extremely fun to work with. They make the work day seem short no matter how long you work that day. We can all joke around and have fun and still get our work done at the same time. Being at a college we hire student workers so we get to meet new people all the time and those kids that decide to work with us are great workers, some of them need help with their jobs if they haven't done that job before but at least one or two of us will jump over there and help even if they didn't ask for it. Working here is kind of like one big family.
Fast paced, busy place with plenty of great food
Front of house (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, KSJuly 8, 2016
This is a great place to work. I really enjoy working for this company. My favorite part of the job is interacting with the students.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The only break is at lunch
enjoyed cooking and about the client being happy
chef/production manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2016
my day started at 5:00 am til 5 pm I learned a lot over the years Management is just ok a lot of employee pets and favorites co workers some work harder then others that's where the employee pets come in the hardest part of the job is working 6 days enjoyable part of my job was cooking and keeping the client happy .I enjoyed my job I was dedicated never late missed a total of 4 days in my 12 years of service but in the end it didn't matter to this company .I still lost my job .they said it didn't have anything to do about how good I cooked or how dedicated I was !!! They just didn't need me anymore
Pros
free lunch health insurance
Cons
long hours, poor managment, team work
Very easy to get a long with co-workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 5, 2016
Everyday is an easy enough day to handle. I learn about my co-workers and how to do different jobs. The management is friendly, but need to care more about their employees. The hardest part of the job is having to multi-task all day. The most enjoyable part is talking with the fellow co-workers.
Pros
Free dinner, lots of fun, easy promotion
Cons
No benefits, low pay, not very good management
my job
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Powell, TNJune 22, 2016
I was a server, dish washer, cleaner, ran the register on sunday nights. I loved the management until they switched managers, he and I clashed a small amount. great co workers. I enjoyed working with the food and getting to know the college kids
fun workplace
Kitchen Staff/ Food Service & Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Grayson, KY 41143May 11, 2016
Had a great time! I learned a lot from working there and i will recommend it to anyone. We worked where one helped another. everyone was viewed as equal.
Work culture is a way forward
Member (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work is filled with a friendly and lively atmosphere from the pioneer management. when work starts, they are strictly straightforward that their employees perform at a high level when doing their jobs. The supervisors are always present to see that every-day activities are well done. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have learnt how to work with a team to produce a better satisfaction for our customers. The co-workers ensure a lively atmosphere that supports communication to be the key to solving conflicts or confusion in the workplace.
Pros
Free Launches
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive, understanding work environment
Dish Room Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2016
It is an amazing place to work. They understand that I am a college student, theres always overtime. It is a fun and respectful place to work.
Pros
Works with my college
Cons
N/a
Great work place
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYApril 9, 2016
attending to students, cooking and cleaning up
friendly environment and communication with customers.
work with co workers and assist in areas needed.