Pioneer Energy Services Employee Reviews

Awesome
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 28, 2017
Working for a company like this is a life change. You will experience huge difference's in work ethics, capability and see what you have inside yourself.You will be taken to levels of pay most only dream of you will work hard for it in dangerous conditions but amazing atmosphere take the job!
Pros
Unbelievable
Cons
Danger
good job
Motorman/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Rices Landing, PASeptember 15, 2017
its a good place to work I enjoyed my time at pioneer energy services. I learned a lot and the oilfield industry while I was there. I would work there again.
Long Hours with great pay
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJuly 14, 2017
You work a lot but are well compensated. The only downfall is you are away from home for long periods of time and you are required to be there when scheduled.
great place to work for
Derrickman (Former Employee) –  west tx , hobbs NMMay 3, 2017
pioneer drilling in my opinion is one of the best companies to work for in the industry. the culture of pioneer is work safe and live safe. the hardest part of the job was always being away from your family.
Workplace is governed by fear
Sales Representative - Bakken Area (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 7, 2017
Management doesn't communicate clearly. The workplace is governed by fear and you never have a feeling of safety. I really liked the job at first, but quickly found that it's a very dog-eat-dog environment. I enjoyed working with the people that I did.
Good Wireline company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXMarch 8, 2017
Was a great place to work until the oil field went down. Had a lot of good times there and made a lot of good friends. Management was a little iffy. They pay well and have great benefits.
Great Job
FLOORHAND (Former Employee) –  Liberty, TXFebruary 15, 2017
As long as oilfield work is going good, this is a great place to work. They follow all OHSA rules and keep you working as long as you want to work. Plentiful hours and good pay.
awesome company
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 20, 2017
It is a smaller company and they know you by your name. I would go back to them in a heart beat. They know what they are doing and in the oilfield that matters. they provided housing for us, which is a big plus.
Pros
housing
Cons
non
Fun place to work with a good crew
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2016
Focused on safety, fun place to work. Long work days and good pay, overall was a great place to work. Provided bedding for overnight stay.
Worked 13 years for this company and enjoyed every bit of it.
Drilling Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 28, 2016
*Start the day by having a safety and pre-job meeting.
*Reviewed past 24 hour production. Discussed good and bad issues with all office personnel.
*All managers very alert and in good spirits.
*Co-workers awesome to work with. Very helpful employees.
*Hardest day at work was to be notified about the lay-offs due to the slow economy.
Everyone that I talk to normally, enjoyed working for this company.
Drilling rig
Floor hand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 27, 2016
I worked at pioneer for a few years and I enjoyed it very well it had its ups and down just like any drilling rig but it was a great company and was very cooperative with there workers
A great company to Work for
Corporate EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2016
I was with this company for almost 6 years. It was a great place, with great employees and atmosphere. You felt like you were part of a family. Even with the market the way it is, this place would be a great place to work and collaborate with intelligent and motivate people who want to do the right thing.
Pioneer Energy
Tool Pusher (Former Employee) –  Paradise, TXAugust 25, 2016
Make sure all rig services were done and crews were full and ready to work. Safety meeting. Learned CPR and other safety classes that went with job. Management was good. Co-workers were like family. Hardest part of job was fast rig moves. Team work was most rewarding part of job.
Pros
the people worked with
Cons
rig moves
Pioneer is a safe company to work everybody is a family
Motor man (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 7, 2016
Pioneer is a safe place to work, and is a fun an productive place to work, everyone work as a team they always improbing to make it safe and easy to work
very demanding enviroment
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  ARDecember 10, 2015
Typical day on the rig would be to pull up on the site location, take the well head off, back the rig up to the beam, get ready to stand up the derrick and start the rig up process. Then once everything is on our floor such as tools, tongs, slips, etc. We'd start to trip into the hole.
Pros
very good money
Cons
demanding hours
challenging work place with a big pay off
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  midland txSeptember 25, 2015
I absolutely loved my time with this company. I was able to do things at work that challenged me every day body and mind. Working in this kind of environment is a great experience and i wouldn't trade it for anything, but due to the recent drop in oil prices a lot of guys like me had to find another career path for the time being. Over all they are a great company to work for and i would encourage anybody wanting to persue a career in oil and gas to give this company some consideration because they are definitely a company that can take your career to the next level.
Pros
great pay
Cons
time away from home
Good Money
Wireline Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COSeptember 22, 2015
This seems ridiculous, Just like every company they are doing a good job of keeping guys employed. Things are slow. I think thats 20
good place to work
pump relif operator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, LASeptember 20, 2015
worked with a five man crew we drove equipment to job rigged up then we tested the equipment than we ran down the hole drilled out the plugs pulled out the hole rigged down drove equipment back to shop serviced it
Pros
paid for r meals
Cons
working in all types of weather
Clean, trip pipe, heavy lifting, hot or cold weather conditions, dangerous work, great crew to work for, dirty,
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 19, 2015
Overall great company to work for, paid well, benefits, safe work environment, stressful at times and extreme cold weather conditions
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
no job security, oil drops lead to job lay offs
A good company
Floorhhand (Former Employee) –  South TexasSeptember 2, 2015
The hardest part of this job was waiting, and the down time.The most enjoyable part of this job was the hard work and constant lifting and moving of heavy tools. You gotta keep your bosses liking you though. If not, at first available chance they will see an opportunity to "let you go, for lack of work." It was a good company when i worked for them, they never shorted me on money, I always got paid.