Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Reviews

It is a fun summer job.
Pollinator (Former Employee), Evans, ColoradoJune 3, 2015
Great place to work when starting to work young. It is a fun atmosphere but very hot if you're not used to it. Overall it is a fun environment to be around.
Base Crew
BASE CREW (Former Employee), York, NEMay 23, 2015
Pros: Educations, Teaches Responsibility, Offers Scholarships, Offers Long-term Career Positions
Pioneer was a great place for children to work and learn job responsibility during the summer time. Pioneer accepted children from age 13 and up to work for them. I began when I was 13. The company itself – more... was a type of crop production research company. As I came back every summer my position level would increase and I was able to learn more and more about the various positions and levels of their company. I would encourage all parents to allow their children to work for this company. They don't turn anyone away but they will fire children who don't take the work seriously. I believe it prepares children from an early age for the real world. They get paid just like they would at a normal job and can advance just like they could at a normal job. Even when a child graduates college Pioneer offers scholarships for children with an interest in agriculture to attend a local Community College to learn more about agriculture and still work for Pioneer. After they graduate with a degree Pioneer offers them a career position within their corporation. – less
Very Respectful workplace
Administrative Assistant/ Weigh master/ Bilingual (Former Employee), Woodland CA 95695May 7, 2015
Pros: Free work gear and boots
Cons: none
Motto: Faster, Better and Cheaper! Daily core values, very fun atmosphere and donuts on Mondays. I learned a lot about agriculture. Hardest part of my job was leaving to move to AZ.
Productive job
Detasseler (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXApril 28, 2015
A detasseler is a very hard job. It involves being in a field on a hot, humid day. The fields are wet so sometimes your feet sink into the dirt almost 2 feet deep. It is a great workout job.
Safe, fun place
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Howard City, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Enjoy customer service
Cons: Dealing with uncooperative employees
The day at work was fun filled and productive with coworkers. I learned communication skills with supervisor and fellow workers. The most challenging part was training new employees.
Summer intern
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Worthington, inFebruary 16, 2015
I worked here during the summer doing payroll. I really enjoyed the job and all the people that i worked with. at first the job was overwhelming because you have so many peoples pay roll that you are in charge of. but once everything is put into the system its pretty easy
Very Productive
Intern / Training, Statistical (Former Employee), PRFebruary 12, 2015
New points of view in reference to agricultural issues, breeding and crossing of seeds to provide better crops resistant to environmental issues
Team Experience, Work Outdoors
Field Research Worker (Former Employee), Johnston, IAFebruary 9, 2015
Great job for someone who wants to work outdoors and on a team while performing research. Physical labor. Pay is good for a student or someone who wants a part time job.
Excellent summer employment
Corn Detassler (Former Employee), Worthington, INJanuary 12, 2015
Excellent summer employment. This was my first job and I learned Time Management skills and attention to detail.
Job focused
Internship Student (Former Employee), Kekaha, HIDecember 21, 2014
Pros: paid internship programs
I should have known starting here that it wasn't going to be all fun and games at this job. Its a corn company every one is a gear in a clock to make everything flow smoothly and efficiently. The smallest – more... screw up and it could be your job. Even though I was here for a paid internship in a place I would have never thought I'd be the management made sure that me and the other interns didn't slow anything down. they got us through the first week with orientation, then it was up to you to make work bearable. The hardest part of the job was actually going in the fields and doing the manual labor. What I enjoyed from was that I started this in high school and it was nice to have a wake up call as to what life after school will be like after school, whether you go to college for a higher degree, or a community college for just a degree, or if you decide to go straight into the work force. the program also showed me that being in a sprayer all day is WAY better than working in the field all day! – less
managed over all production
Production Tech Leadman (Former Employee), Shelbyville, ILDecember 11, 2014
along with production I was the lead for department and job assignment of other employees / safety talks / all with white board meetings at the beginning of the day.in charge of the daily work orders and in which order the were needed to fill production need.
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Big Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2014
Pros: feeling accomplished
Cons: being wet
Typical day consisted of being wet head to toe till afternoon and the co-workers were mostly high school kids. Management was great I loved working with the management.
Pays the bills
Pesticide Sprayer Machine Operator (Former Employee), PRSeptember 2, 2014
Good starter job. Pays a little bit above the minimum. Have many different positions available.
Productive and busy.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Woodland, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: got along with my co-workers.
The workday was really great.I learn how to condition the seeds.My supervisor was really great.I like working with my co-workers.Was leaving the job when it was done.When people were friendly.
Nice place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2014
Very flexible work time, co-workers are super nice and helpful, everytime when I have a question or need help, they are always there and ready to help.
Busy Warehouse
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAJune 12, 2014
The branch location I worked for is a distribution warehouse facility. The warehouse is a busy place with deliveries arriving and orders shipping out. My time in the office was mainly spent working with the corporate office in relation to HR, AP and AR. I also assisted with taking customer orders and assisting with logistics of shipping out customer orders.
Good job, lack of security
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: works hours
Cons: lack of work
I thoroughly enjoyed this position, but, lack of job security
Pioneer production plant was a very pro employee oriented environment. The management team was very fair and maintained an open door policy.
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: freedom to interact with employees
Cons: several meetings required - effected productivity
My position as safety coordinator required flexibility from day to day and hour to hour. There was always something new on an almost daily basis. Management allowed me to set my own agenda with the exception – more... of required daily and weekly meetings.
I started on the production side and after there for a year, was moved into the safety coordinator position with little knowledge or safety experience. Management allowed me to learn and grow at my own pace and encouraged me to attend meetings and educational seminars, etc. to expand my knowledge.
There was a support group of piers at other locations along with corporate expertise that was always available.
I would say the most challenging thing was an ever changing expectation and additional added responsibilities dictated by corporate. Sometimes it was difficult to maintain or track all these expectations, goals, etc. and understand their relevance.
The high point of my experience with Pioneer was the employees from top to bottom. They are the most solid folks I ever worked with in my years of employment. They were very customer oriented, quality driven and goal oriented. The safety of the employees, contractors and vendors was priority one. Company benefits were also very good. – less
Productive and hard work
Intern (Former Employee), SalinasJanuary 10, 2014
This work was a good experience. I learned fertilization techniques and identify nutritional deficiencies in plants. We were a hardworking team that gave the maximum.
Field Scout and Assisant
Area Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Worthington, INNovember 8, 2013
I was responsible for different tasks while at Pioneer. I was a scout for a summer looking for bugs and disease within our production fields. The next summer I was responsible for the detasseling of corn and purity related to it.

1 2 3

About Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Join the Pioneer team and you'll become part of an organization that has continued to advance agricultural production for nearly – Read more

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Salaries