Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard work generating facility
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Reinbeck, IAMarch 22, 2017
Working as a detasseler for Pioneer is a very difficult task but if you are looking for a good summer job, this would be a good one. Even though it gets hard sometimes, it's still a great way to get started in the work force.
Pros
Pays good in a short amount of time
Cons
Very difficult conditions
Pioneer (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, ILMarch 6, 2017
When I worked at Pioneer Hi-Burd Inc temporary, it was a great environment to work in I speaked Spanish and English to others, I met other friendly employees I got to learn new skills .
Productive and fun
CCA (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here in this company they have plenty of opportunity for you to move up in the company and the staff as well as the employees are friendly
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short on staff
Good starting job
Pollinator/ Summer Crew (High School Job) (Former Employee) –  Evans, COJanuary 29, 2017
Pioneer was a good starting job for me in highschool. Good people and plenty of work. Has room to grow with the company and explore the country. Highly recommended!
hard work environment
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Byron, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I was responsible for pulling tassels off of the corn. I was wet in the mornings and sweaty in the afternoons. For the first two years I was in a group of four with another team member acting as supervisor. By the third year I was a supervisor and was responsible for the safety and productivity of four other new team members.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a lot of walking and exposure to the elements
Absolutely Favorite Job
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Worthington, INJanuary 9, 2017
I absolutely love this job. I do it every single summer. In this job I have to pull tassels out of corn stocks and work with a team to get the job done.
Very productive and very fun workplace.
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INDecember 9, 2016
The leaders were awesome. Everyone made you feel welcome and part of the team. They made you feel just as important as everyone else. They helped whenever you needed it.
was working in the fields
Tassel puller (Former Employee) –  Reinbeck, IA 50669December 9, 2016
Was a good job to work in and very good learning experience. If i had to work there again I would for my entire life. I learn how to help the cross breeding for pollinate the males and females for corn productions.
Shift Work
Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CANovember 16, 2016
I gained a lot of knowledge in the seed industry from Pioneer. Something I did not enjoy in this position is the constant shift changes. Usually with one day off.
Pioneer
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INNovember 2, 2016
All time Favorite job. Everyone was respectful and joyful. management was fantastic. Spend most of the time outside. Working in corn Fields. Had my own team. That worked hard and respect me.
Pros
Outdoors/Great people
Cons
Bad Weather
Good company to work for
Production Technician II (Former Employee) –  Toledo, IAOctober 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time working here. The culture is very good and safety is a top priority. The work life balance is good but can be difficult if working a night shift
Pros
Good breaks and safety
Cons
Rotating shifts
Agricultor
Agriculture (Former Employee) –  Salinas Municipio, PRAugust 17, 2016
Trabajar en una compañía que me permita demostrar y desarrollar todas mis destrezas y cualidades en el área que se me asigne para cumplir con las metas y objetivos de la misma y alcanzar un crecimiento personal y profesional.
productive
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INAugust 5, 2016
Not fun most days, can be hard to deal with being soaking wet or extremely hot. Made some good friends throughout the time I spent at pioneer.
great place to learn hard work ethics
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Rushville, INJuly 18, 2016
Pioneer hi-bred is a great work environment for a young person to learn hard working ethics. They treat you with respect and teach you everything the right way
Steady Summer Job, Team atmosphere
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Sharpsville, INJuly 5, 2016
Outside summer job, work pace varies, temperatures vary. They provide great training to new hires, including safety, how to do the job, what to expect, etc.. Its a great first-time job.
Pros
Great experience and training, good pay.
Cons
Hot outside temperatures, lots of sweat and bugs.
The company have deily safety talks
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, PRJuly 4, 2016
I star my Shift at 7am after reading the daily safety briefing. I check the daily planning to distribute the personar intheir taskand star with my supervision task which are three different area material drying , process material and quality control area. We take a lunch hour and turn ended at 4:00pm. The strongest part of the work is the instability that provides the company rigth now.The part I enjoy the workis the ability to work a product from start to finish with the highest quality pocible.What I'm learning in this indutry is the importace of a safe working. Ihave a good relationship with all my co-worker the differences of opinions alwas a consensus manegement.
Cons
401k, health plan
Good starter job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJune 27, 2016
Pioneer is a good starter job, its hard to get hired on but easy to get fired for there. Other than that it is a good place to work.
They made promises they did not keep
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 19, 2016
I did learn a lot about valves and how they work and how to take them apart and put them back together. However the management team was not good.
Good Crew
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 9, 2016
The company over all had a ton of summer help. I'm very sure that i didn't met a single person that i didn't get along with while working here.
Good pay and good people to work for
Production Tech/ Treater operator (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 6, 2016
Pioneer is a good place to work. Its clean and a overall good environment. The work is not hard at all and the pay is decent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.