Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Productive and hard work
Intern (Former Employee), SalinasJanuary 10, 2014
This work was a good experience. I learned fertilization techniques and identify nutritional deficiencies in plants. We were a hardworking team that gave the maximum.
Field Scout and Assisant
Area Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Worthington, INNovember 8, 2013
I was responsible for different tasks while at Pioneer. I was a scout for a summer looking for bugs and disease within our production fields. The next summer I was responsible for the detasseling of corn and purity related to it.
Great people and interesting work.
Temporary Research Assistant (Former Employee), Johnston, IAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: good work environment.
Cons: great cafeteria.
I was a temporary employee, so the job security was an issue, but other than that this was a good place to work. The people were friendly and the work was interesting.
Summer Help (Former Employee), Volga, SDSeptember 23, 2013
If your interested in plant science or anything agriculture Pioneer is a great place to work
Cotton seed job
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Vernon, TXSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: pay was really low
Supervisor the production fields of cotton seed.Company was fair to work for, but its out of business.
Great work environment
Field Worker (Former Employee), West Memphis, ARSeptember 18, 2013
Working at Pioneer was a very enjoyable part of my life. I love to work outside and I love to work with my hands which made this the perfect place for me to work whenever I was in high school and earlier stages of college. Generally the days dealt with all of us going out into the field and taking tissue samples of all of the plants for research. On – more... days that we did not do this we would do odd jobs around the shop and on occasions I would have to make deliveries to other branches of Pioneer. It was a great place to work along with great co-workers who were very good people. – less
different for me
mapping department (Former Employee), Johnston, IAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: was a temp.
never worked in an office for 8 hours of the day before. very fun place to work, if things where different I would try to go back.
Field and Plants Auditor (Former Employee), Salinas, PRAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great overall
Cons: temporary
Great place to work, great supervisors, learn a lot but only temporary.
Detassling and Derouging Career
dettasler and derouger (Former Employee), Cuba, ILMay 4, 2013
Pros: meeting new people!
Cons: weather conditions varied
I started detassling when I was in seventh grade.. I was very nervous at first but warmed up very quickly. A typical day consisted of pulling tassels or derouging tall stalks of corn. I learned to work with a variety of people I did not know. I worked with kids my age from other schools, and unemployed adults that needed a job. Getting up at 3:45 a.m. – more... every morning got easier as the summer went on. The worst days were when it was well over 90 degrees and we had a long field that day. I think the best part of the job was definitely being able to work at a fast pace and meet new people. – less
very productive
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee), Princeton, ILApril 29, 2013
Pros: good pay, nice tan
Cons: short breaks, hot days
Most days were long and hot, but was worth it in the long run because pay was good and you usually got a nice tan out of it. Management was very nice to work with. Co-workers were kids my age and younger. Hardest part of job was when it was extremely hot out. The most enjoyable was getting paid.
Good job but not long enough
Detasseling Forman/Temp. Ag Worker (Former Employee), Johnston, IAApril 29, 2013
Pros: being outdoors
Cons: no benefits
A typical day was driving a pc (personnel carrier) machine with 12 kids down the rows of corn. First time experience in driving a pc machine
Pioneer is a great place to make a career for your self.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Utica, ILApril 26, 2013
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: managemeant unstable
I loved working at pioneer I thought it was gonna be my career for the rest of my life but there management was very unstable so I got layed off and never a call back
Productive Work Environment
TAS Administrator (Former Employee), Tipton, INApril 19, 2013
Pros: my own desk, office area
Cons: the dust in the building
I would scan in documents for employees, verify their i-9's in e-verify. I would then have to put them in TAS payroll system. I had to prepare supplies for the field contractors. I recorded time cards. I put in their pay and timecards to make sure everyone was paid. I learned to be more patient with technology. I learned I may have to slow down for – more... my co-workers. The managment is good. The hardest part is that I was so fast paced and quick and not everyone else is. The most enjoyable part is the reward of knowing I did a good job. – less
INTERN (Former Employee), PRApril 17, 2013
Its a good place had to leave because of distance.
Good place to grow.
very productive
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee), Princeton, ILApril 9, 2013
Pros: good pay, nice tan
Cons: short breaks, hot days
A typical day of corn pollinating is: long, hot sunny days, short breaks, lots of walking, lots of corn rows to pollinate, good pay.
Productive and demanding
Accounts payable specialist (Current Employee), Johnston, IowaMarch 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: do not have time for breaks
Great company. My job changed as some of the work in the department was send to India.
Laid back, good amenities, not much room for advancement
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Johnston, IAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good schedule, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: tense relationship with boss/manager
I basically do whatever my boss doesn't have time to do, or doesn't want to do. Set up experiments, take samples, run tests. Lots of small, menial tasks, and i don't get paid well to compensate.
non professional management
research assistant (Former Employee), Kunia, HIFebruary 28, 2013
They don't follow company policies. The people are corrupt big time.
Great for Agricultural Experienc...
Pollinator (Former Employee), Ithaca, MIJanuary 29, 2013
This job was a good job to have. It was a fun experience and I learned how to help pollinate and breed other crops/plants.
Productive and serious work place..
Temporary Research Assistant (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: my boss and my coworkers.
My activities performed in the company were administrative and computer support activities. I also worked with other employees and helped to supervised them.
The hardest part of the job was during summer because I had to do some field work.

About Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.

Join the Pioneer team and you'll become part of an organization that has continued to advance agricultural production for nearly – Read more