Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc. Employee Reviews

A new thing
Field Crew (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXAugust 2, 2017
Its work that in simple yet intensified by the weather. Mainly the sun because its so incredibly hot. Not for everyone but a job is a job sometimes. I would work there again.
Busy at all times.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 31, 2017
I liked working there kept be busy. The co workers were great, just didn't like how upper management were handling some issues. That's when I decided to leave pioneer.
Was a good first job
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILJuly 29, 2017
I was a detassler for pioneer and I had great coworkers and I had a lot of fun at this job even though we were walking the fields pulling tassels all day.
It is a pretty decent job for a fifteen year old, but the season is only in summer.
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 26, 2017
I had a great time working at pioneer, everyone was nice and I always had cold water to drink. They provided free healthcare for any injuries I got during work. The only bad thing was the corn rash. So in total, the job was pretty good.
Pros
Break times, cold water and free health care.
Cons
The only thing bad is corn rash
Ok place to work
Sizing Bagging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Good Hope, ILJuly 22, 2017
This was an alright place to work but much like any big company you are at the mercy of supply and demand. They would lay off and fire like someone discards chewing gum. Nice people to work with.
Productive work place
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at pioneer the staff was great and they have wonderful supervisors to teach you anything you don't already know I recommend it to anyone who's willing to get the job done
good clean work place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 16, 2017
Pioneer is a great place to work if you like a warehouse job. I liked working production and unloading trucks. the people were nice and respectful and kind.
This was a temporary agency job
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 13, 2017
Unloaded and loaded trucks, ran forklift. Job security was low due to being employed through a temp agency. Overall work environment was good. Management was good.
forklift work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Le Roy, ILJuly 11, 2017
typical forklift warehouse where product is loaded and unloaded on a dock. while product is being produced and inspected on main floor. fast paced forklift environment.
Pros
climate controlled
Cons
more temps than full time employees
great
Scholars Volunteer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2017
Good people and great oldies. Enjoyed the game a lot. Hopefull improve at seaking with others and interacting with others. The coimpany is great abnd ==
productive
Corn Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Nappanee, INJuly 10, 2017
The job was productive the people I worked with weren't bad. There were times to get focused so we focused and when it was time to have breaks they were taken and respected. This particular job was an outdoor job and outdoor jobs are a bit much depending on the time and temperature. Time meaning time of day it was a rough start some days and other days the middle of the day was a rough patch. Temperature was pretty intense most times whether it be a downpour or whether it be 100+ degrees and worked extra time to get a field at a passing grade.
Pros
breaks that gave time to cool off periodically as well as a decent lunch break
Cons
roudy workers (slowed production and increased time to get work done)
Not very family ordinate
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 7, 2017
I don't like work there because of the hours and the pay. The hours should be adjusted for people who have children, and the pay should be more than what they are paying people to work in their company.
Family feel in the workplace. Everyone willing to help each other
Cook/Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Barbourville, KYJuly 7, 2017
Hardest part of the job is to get the students to work. They do not treat it like an actual job. The easiest part of the job is communicating with the staff.
A typical day at work is going through the meals for the day. Go through the prep sheets with the cooks. Go through the week schedule with my boss and make changes if needed. Office work and help with lunch and dinner. Clean up before leaving.
Workplace culture is family orientated.
I have learned how to price out a menu and do a menu system to see what works and what does not.
Seasonal field worker
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INJune 25, 2017
I had fun detasseling corn through pioneer. It was a first job over the summer and I worked with great people and always had fun. My supervisor was very friendly as well.
Great workplace
Detasseling (Current Employee) –  Center Point, IAJune 22, 2017
I've always had a lot of fun every season I've done it. They let you listen to music, and it feels like a fun competition between you and the other people on your machine of who can pick the most tassels. Other than the corn rash and the humidity and heat I love it
Pros
Not walking
Cons
It gets really hot
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IAJune 22, 2017
Things have changed from when I did work there but when I worked at Pioneer it was a great company. I was lucky and had a great boss and team that worker together. Benefits were great too.
Pros
salary job, unlimited sick time, great vacation
Productive and fun work environment
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 22, 2017
Pioneer is a seasonal job. I worked there in the summer. We would go to various corn fields around Minnesota and Fargo area and collect data. I think the management was excellent. It was always organized and the staff were very helpful. The hardest part of the job is that it required more physical activity than I am used to. I enjoyed working outside and with people that are friendly and very supportive.
Hard work pays off
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Lakeview, MIJune 19, 2017
Hard work is what you do and it will defiantly pay off! Corn detassaling takes dedication, motivation, and effort!! The fields get cold and dewy in the morning, but as it gets more towards the afternoon sweat will be pouring off your head! It's a great summer job for teens who are still in school looking for a summer job!
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Weather
good compensation, fast paced work, decent culture
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, IAJune 14, 2017
Solid company to work with, good compensation package. Inconsistent work schedule, changing with seasons. Work life balance could be improved. Overall culture is pleasant at non-management levels. Interaction and visibility between management and workers could be improved.
Pros
good compensation package
Cons
lacks work/life balance
Bank of New york is a very enjoyable place to work and the have a good reputation.
Office Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039June 13, 2017
My First day at work I learned about all kind of training the have including the various management the have ,workplace culture and the most enjoyable part of it is the way the welcome me and take me all around their departments and to show me who is who in their company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.