Pioneer Human Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work for people needing a 2nd chance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 4, 2016
In my position, I was Administrative Assistant. I picked up on procedures very quickly. I was able to come in and get my work done while dealing with several interruptions throughout the day. They offer great benefits.
Benefits
Great job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Erskine, MNJanuary 5, 2017
It was a great job with wonderful benefits and great people. The only down side was the stress that comes with working in the medical field.
Terrible company
Resident monitor (Former Employee) –  SrrcNovember 25, 2016
They use you for what they need and then dispense you to avoid paying more than minimum wage. If you work hard your fellow employees will see that and become lazy nitwits. The upper management is terrible and they never discipline people even if they are high or drunk at work. It's a disgrace the BOP still has a contract with this place. Don't apply
Unprofessional
Residential Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2016
Completely unorganized, unprofessional, unethical, and bias. I worked for two and a half months, over 120+ hours per pay period just to get fired for being tardy twice. Tardiness was due to me requesting time off to enroll my children in school, but was unable to due to all the hours I was working because the company was short staffed.
Pros
The residents made coming to work worth it.
Cons
Supervisors and Directors were completely unprofessional and unethical.
help people on the edge of society
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2017
In the beginning it was a great company to work for. I believed in what they stood for. After a couple of changes in upper management they changed the overall mission the company was developed for.
Pros
Got people back into the work force.
Cons
New CEO didn't get the concept of the company.
Just a job
Resident Monitor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2016
The best part of this job was free meals. I learned that all people are capable of change. Management was not supportive and was inappropriate on many occasions. Most my coworkers were control freaks and very hard to work with. No real enjoyment to this job.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
NO BREAKS
Unsupervised Liability
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILDecember 21, 2016
On paper, your job is easy: stay onsite to address the needs of clients. In reality, the job often requires judgement and experience beyond what is advertised for entry-level workers. Training was almost non-existent. Supervision is usually offsite. Save yourself time and effort by applying to your local DHS office, fire station, or police academy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I could write a book on this.
Great commpany to work for. The executive team and the Board of Directors were very committed to the Mission Statement of the company.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2016
The staff were great, dedicated and very supportive of the residents. Everyone watched each others back and completed duties without being asked.
Working with mentally ill offenders
Resident Monitor 1 (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 28, 2016
Good team environment. A good chance to work with people who need help re-entering the public sector. Team members get a good idea of how the Department of Corrections works.
I like the work I did there.
Program Monitor 1/ Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2016
I pretty much like the work I did there. I it was ok. I would work there again because I liked the job overall. Some of the clients/residents I worked with was ok. I liked working with some of them.
Pros
Nice ok job.
Cons
Choose not to comment at this time.
fun work place
Machinist- Proficient (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers, every body well working with as a team. Good benefits, and and a lot of overtime.
Cons
nifit
Decent hours for decent pay
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 8, 2016
Job was good experience to learn. I knew most of what i was doing in advance to doing so. Mostly common sense answered any questions that i would have.
Good place to work. Good people to work with
Resident Monitor (Former Employee) –  Longview, WADecember 3, 2016
Pioneer Human Services was contracted through the Department of Corrections to aid them in following the residents. Longview Work Release, where I worked, housed 60 residents. These people are those coming out of prison and trying to ease back into society and family and work. We follow the movement of these residents who need constant accounting of their time as they are still considered incarcerated.
A typical day has them out job searching or going to work. Other activities they are involved in are their required treatment programs and church. Our main responsibility is to see that they are signed in an out with constant accounted for time.
As they are hired, we prepare work schedules and plan travel schedules if needed.
Our house routines require us to do regular checks of all residents, that all are accounted for, security checks, grounds checks, so, not only are the residents are accounted for, but, that the facility is safe as well.
We worked three shifts with each shift completing parts of paperwork that flow in to the next shift, all counting on each other. My co-workers were those I could depend on in any emergency, as, given the group we worked with, there could be serious problems.
The hardest part of the job was keeping distanced from people you wanted to help, but, necessary because of their environment and backgrounds.
The best part of the job was when a resident succeeded at his/her steps that were needed to be ready to start life again. When they'd get a good job, prove themselves, have family coming to see them, see their kids again......their demeanor
  more... and confidence changed.
They felt good about themselves.
Pros
People
Cons
Sometimes people
Crazy place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 19, 2013
Incredible turnover. They do not provide benefits until after you complete the probationary period. So a lot of people are lucky to make it beyond 90 days. I think they do this to avoid the cost of insurance. Additionally, as I write this there is another post for an executive assistant. Fourth one in less than two years. If you work there in a support capacity, you will be treated like you don't exist.
Pros
There are none
Cons
See comments
productive
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2016
 Actively marketed and recruited at educational fairs.
 Facilitated recruitment, conducted on site orientations, and evaluations.
 Screened business contacts and directed customer flow.
 Scheduled, and implemented monthly recruitment forums.
Good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 6, 2016
Management is a little political and bias, however it is a DOC facility.Feeding residents serving the last of their sentence turned out to be inspiring and enjoyable.
High client turnover
Behavioral Health Clinician V (Former Employee) –  Kent, WaJuly 18, 2014
Clinician within this co-ed program. High staff turnover, and apparently no grace for mistakes.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No grace for mistakes in the first 90 days.
Confindential ? not enough or to much
Relief Cook (Former Employee) –  WADecember 28, 2012
A typical day was feeding 75 persons three times a day.
I worked for this company for two years.
Pros
zero
Cons
no benefits
Difficult job with excellent co-workers
Residential Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA and Lynnwood, WAMay 27, 2013
This job was quite stressful: not everyone can handle overseeing kids with behavioral problems in a group foster home. Work involved overseeing and guiding residents, taking them to do activities, cooking meals, and keeping them from getting involved in altercations and other problematic behaviors. The co-workers and staff were quite excellent and supportive. Some, however, were not dedicated to being good employees which made the other staff members shine all the more in their helpful and supportive actions. Management was also good and provided a workplace with good core values and an emphasis on good work and training. The best part of the job were these co-workers and managers.
Pros
Attending activities in interesting places, free meals, excellent co-workers
Cons
Great stress, difficult residents, little pay for the high stress of this job, poor location for mass transit
Inept Leadership And Constant Turnover
Facility Director (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2013
This isn't a bad job provided you maybe land a job at the operations center. If you're "in the trenches" however, working at the facilities or in manufacturing, you can expect to be underpaid, and typically be lead by leaders who are more concerned about their ego than the actual job at hand. Currently Pioneer markets itself as a non-profit, however, being in the upper echelons of leadership there, it's pretty much now a tax shelter. Senior leadership is impossible to work with, and typically make decisions based on their future goals. I wouldn't wish a job with them on my worst enemy.
Pros
403(b), that's it.
Cons
Pay, Management, Training, Direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Human Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9