Pioneer Investments Employee Reviews

Talented people in a collaborative environment
Compliance Analyst-Tax Reporting (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 12, 2017
Great company to work for with room for advancement. Compensation is varied by department/position and location. Lots of talented employees with a collaborative environment.
Productive environment encouraging of learning
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoy the people I work with, and I have obtained valuable skills necessary to work in a corporate environment. I have been able to shadow various professionals and build in areas of interest.
Pros
Understanding of school committment
Cons
Wage
You can definitely do better elsewhere...
Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2017
Pioneer has a track record of offering poor salaries, settling for mediocre talent and hoping for a few diamonds in the rough to stay with the company. Pioneer displays poor communication, especially from Human Resources department, low salary, and short staff due to several workforce reductions in past years. There is also an unstable environment; sale to Amundi is causing concern with likely layoffs.
Pros
Office location, friendly co-workers
Cons
Low Pay. Lack of respect for the staff, widespread problems with morale and high staff turnover. Stress, fatigue and burn-out.
Great Company
SALES REPORTING ANALYST - INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Work/Balance is great.
Management is very understanding and supportive. Learned a lot about wholesalers operations.
Co-Op Internship
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
Pioneer gets a lot of interns. They are a great company with very nice people. However, for young college students, it can feel very slow and lacking of mentorship.
Enjoyed the people
Sr. Service Rep, Shareholder Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2016
Taking inbound calls and processing financial transactions for shareholders, financial advisors, and reps assistants. Worked with various retirement plans.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Commuting to work via the subway train
I loved my job.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Answered telephone, learned importance of confidentiality, management/co-workers great, did not like that it was temporary position, loved the environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It was only a temporary job
good management and training, little opportunity for advancement
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 27, 2015
good management and training, little opportunity for advancement in Omaha area compensation not in line with industry
Great company to work for, great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha NeOctober 23, 2015
the company has great benefits, not much room for advancement in the Omaha office however the Omaha office will be closing in November.
benefits
Cons
Omaha office closing
A decent place to work - while it lasted
Legal Correspondent (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2015
Pioneer is a friendly, results-driven environment. Associates are given adequate tools for success, and are held to reasonable standards given the somewhat overwhelming knowledge required for the position. Unfortunately, a recent corporate merger has led to the business decision to close the division in which I work as of November, 2015.
Pros
Great benefits/PTO, decent pay
Cons
Office environment is drab (no windows in the building)
Productive Experience
Manager of Administration Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2015
A good experience, learned a lot about investments, and peers.
Put to the test my ability to multitask as the work load was challenging but I was able to complete my task and beyond.
Meet incredible people many of them are friends.
I left because of a restructuring, however in the long term it was hard to grow as the Miami office is relatively small.
Pros
attend investment conferences
Cons
management was a bit disorganized
A medium sized mutual fund company with great people
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pioneer is a medium sized, Boston based mutual fund company. During my time there I had great coworkers and direct managers.
Dealer Services Representative II
Dealer Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2013
Performed essential day-to-day operations with a focus on overseeing broker dealers who sold company products.
Conducted in-depth assessments and management of brokers, including ensuring brokers stayed abreast of current services and products.
Ensured that brokers strictly complied with internal policies and procedures, as well as government rules and regulations.
good work/life balance, but
Investment Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2013
A little low on pay and internal mobility. Laid back environment, with good benefits
Retirement Plans Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 19, 2013
Dealing and supporting all of the Sales Personnel all around the World
you wear many hats.
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonMay 15, 2013
Pioneer is mid level asset manager with a lot of growth potential if your company permitts it.
Pros
stable
Cons
slow promotiongs
summary
Senior Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2013
In a typical work day I : answer phone call questions from clients, broker/dealers, financial representatives, and co-workers. I place mutual fund trades, delete and back date trades. Quality check large dollar trades, process check writing on accounts, etc.
Client Service Specialist
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2012
My typical day involves having my headset on to take calls all day, there is a compliance number that must be met. I answer calls from clients, representatives, and other financial institutions. I have learned a lot about investments, retirement accounts, market fluctuations etc. My co-workers are friendly and generally willing to help, but a bit on the immature side. I believe the age has an impact on the maturity level. The hardest part of my job is the management and opportunity for advancement. There are scorecards that virtually end up meaning nothing, and the ratings are extremely subjective. There is not enough positive energy. The most enjoyable part of the job is having full time hours during the day, benefits, and flexibility.
Pros
day time hours, benefits, full time hours, generally nice people, location
Cons
very little breaks, constant supervision, subjective evaluations, favoring of certain employees
Solid company with many smart, friendly people working there.
Control and Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2012
Pioneer was a perfect company to work for as I was completing my MBA. They were very flexible with my hours to make completing my schooling easier. Unfortunately, my position was eliminated two months after finishing school.