Pioneer Metal Finishing

Pioneer Metal Finishing United States Employee Reviews

cold cold hot hot
shipping and receiving (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCJanuary 7, 2015
it was cold in the winter and hot in the summer doors were always open and had to drive fork lift in the rain outside down a hill was not fun
Production (Former Employee), Monroe, MIAugust 28, 2014
I went to work everyday, racked/ unracked parts, packed them in buckhorns, filled out the proper paperwork, and took them to shipping. I learned some, about anodizing. 2nd shift supervisor needed to be more of a boss, less of a friend. Coworkers were alright, some brought their home life drama with them to work, others acted innapropriate, etc.
o.k. place to work
inspector packer labor organizer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: hard floors, and the job can be tough on your hands
A variety of tasks and equipment, product to handle. A mix of standing and sitting is a plus. The hardest part of the job is being on concrete floors.(no pun intended) It is interesting to know what the product's use is. I have worked on things for the ISS. Nice to know I could be a part of that.Co workers were nice people.(most of them)
Good work place needs a lot of work but it's pretty good overall
Enduraguard Line Operator/Racker (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: you get three breaks and good benefits
I go to work I do my job to the best of my ablility I socialize with other co-workers make sure my area is clean I go home.The people there are friendly.
Productive and fun workplace.
Line Operator (Former Employee), Monroe, MIJuly 28, 2014
Pros: paid lunch time.
Cons: short lunch time.
Good hard work with most people on task.
Supervisors and team leaders were very easy to work with.
Good upper management left then the company started going down hill.
Not for me
Material Handler/Line Operator (Former Employee), South Bend, INMay 9, 2014
I didn't really like working at Pioneer. A typical day of work usually went by slow. didn't stay busy most the time and just stood around a lot. The management and the people that worked there were very disrespectful and didn't really help you when you didn't know how to do s part of your job.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 28, 2014
I was new here and they trained me to do the job that they wanted done Training was very thorough and helped me to understand the job quickly. The coworkers were friendly as well as the staff.
lack of communication
Team Leader, Special Parts (Former Employee), green bay, WIFebruary 12, 2014
pioneer's goal change daily for their employees. The training is vary minimal. Procedures will change from day to day and never be updated. Same with paperwork.
Fun place with Great People
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJanuary 23, 2014
Great people to work with.
I completed cash application, completion of various reports daily and weekly, new customer credit processing and existing customer credit monitoring.
Very challenging
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 18, 2013
Many very good people
Diverse types of product processed.
Everyday a new challenge
good job nice people to work with
general laborer (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORAugust 21, 2013
willing to train new people and listen to and help with questions.
Fast paced environment with high turnover due to third shift.
Back up Team lead Line 1 (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 28, 2013
Pros: cookouts, and quarterly prizes.
Cons: mandatory weekends.
This is a great place to grow a career they look for people with the push for advancement in the company. Having a third shift caused high turnover with Temp workers.
Dont waste your time here
team lead (Former Employee), MinneapolisMay 15, 2013
Pros: the floor and like workers. watching the comedy show that is known as the management team
Cons: pay, benefits, roof, leadership team
This is not a good place to work. Roof has fallen in 3 times in 5 years. The last one happened 3 months ago and they still havent fixed it yet. The plant manager is worthless. He plays favorites like no other. The management team at the plant for the most part is a total joke. They are all just looking out for themselves. Zero comunication. They will make a major change on one shift and not tell the other shifts. Then wonder why people are fighting the changes! I dont think they know what communication is! Top customers are leaving due to the poor quality. You work all the time. 6 and 7 day weeks are the norm. The pay sucks too.
I don't think spinning your wheels is production
Floor Worker (Former Employee), Midwest DivisionApril 4, 2013
Pros: floor workers, great group of caring people to work with.
Cons: having to deal with the clueless misfits on the other side of the wall
After a week of working at Pioneer I knew they had idea in what direction they are going, most unorganized management team I have ever seen...made up of a bunch of misfits, can't keep a idea implemented for more then a day, always trying to reinvent the wheel
but I do give them credit they are trying, it's like your getting paid to go to the comedy club, that's the most enjoyable part.
good company
Anodizing Line Operator (Former Employee), portland oregonFebruary 18, 2013
good company to work for layoffs about every winter but they are generally used more as a weeding process to get rid of poor workers in the slow months great potential if you put in a couple years
Physically/ mentally straining
Department Leader/ Line Operator (Former Employee), South Bend, INDecember 5, 2012
Pros: the people. without a doubt, the people that work together as a team. there are few of them, but they make many problems there tolerable.
Cons: no breaks, unattainable expectations, solution-less management team, prideful and in many ways two faced.
Pioneer offered some exciting opportunities for advancement on paper, but the management team in the local plant never seemed willing or able to assist. The main headquarters consisted of some of the nicest people to work with and I think represented the companies core values and principles, but sadly I never felt the same kind of pleasantness in the team here locally. Many good people still remain and are great to work with, but I really think the Pioneer philosophy changed many wonderful people that were down to earth and understanding into zombie like machines. The trust level between management and hourly employees is extremely strained. I wouldn't be surprised if Pioneer employees started a union soon.
pioneer metal
racker/unracker (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 25, 2012
Pros: pay, benefit, work eniviorment
Cons: n/a
At work we rack metal every day and unrack metal. you basically look at a paper and rack the metal product. you relabel the box when you done and reship them back to where they was ship to us.
The co-worker at pioneer metal are very nice and friendly they teach you about how the company want you to do the work and about the company we all get along. The hardest part about the job is trying to reach the quotes. what i enjoy most about the job is the work environment and the every is nice to each other and the work benefit.
Horrible Work Environment for the pay
Anodize Tech (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 13, 2012
Management is awful
Everyone tells on everyone
Best part of the day is leaving

Pioneer Metal Finishing Salaries