Pioneer Metal Finishing Employee Reviews in United States

Chaos
All around (Former Employee) –  Tualatin OrJune 17, 2016
The management team is uncaring, the workers are unappreciated and the pay is minimum at best. They don't train anyone and set them up to fail! They move people around in positions and take away pay, and they put a lot of pressure on people with no assistance. They don't treat their employees or customers very well. They don't communicate what is going on, and they don't cross train. They lie to get you in the door. Corporate pretend they care but don't prove it
Pros
health benefits
Cons
no weekends off, low pay, no training, no communication
Get along with the coworkers
Chem Tech/Cell Lead (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 15, 2016
I review the schedule for the day, order down parts to have processed. The co workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is the constant turn over of temps and having to retrain people every day. I do enjoy working hard and doing problem solving.
Pros
there is always work
Cons
they are making it almost impossible to have weekends off.
Worked the Anodize Line
Anodize Crew (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORMarch 25, 2016
We would anodize everything to airplane parts to pen caps. I was the only person who would anodize and dyed the Demorini baseball bats because of my eye for detail. Fun place to work just wasn't the healthiest.
Pros
Co workers were cool.
Cons
Dealing with all the chemicals with minimum safety equipment
Not the best
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day of work was sometimes slow and overwhelming. I learned a lot about production work and cranes. Management was rather on the poor side, never cared to much about workers, you could do 100 things right and never get appreciation. The second you would do just the smallest thing wrong you would hear about it from team leaders, to supervisors, to even the plant manager. Co-workers were more than likely the best part about the job. The hardest part of the job would have to be the amount of mandatory weekends you would have to work.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 16, 2016
The SMART values of this corporation are very important. It is small company and there is not a lot of room for advancement. A typical work day Pioneer is full of challenges and opportunities
Cons
Limited staff. Limited mobility, limited diversity in upper management
Great for motivated individuals
lab technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2016
After working at several places as a lab tech I found Pioneer to be the best. If you need to talk to management you can go right to them and talk to them.

I see temp employees get hired on regularly unlike at other jobs were the temp position never ends. The routine may get boring after the first few months but every once in a while you get to be part of a new customer and get to be apart of the decision making process.

Overall great place if you like being rewarded for your efforts.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Training program
Cons
Facility is old
Ms Smith: Metal Ceremic Machine Painting Operator
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 19, 2015
This job is more supportive towards helping you to learn & understand, what fields of work, you will participate in while handling factory labor.
Pros
A Paid lunch
Cons
Waiting for my ride.
Hot, but friendly work environment
general labor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 18, 2015
It was a hot job, and didn't pay that well, but I was 16, and didn't mind. Nice boss's and nice co workers. you get plenty of breaks, and communication is good!
Pros
Nice and friendly co workers and boss
Cons
doesnt pay the greatest
Learning new departments, work parties, and getting raises for job well done
Quality control, Area leader (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MINovember 10, 2015
I was a area leader, also checked finished products to make sure they were in spec.
I learned about anodized products and how they are made.
Communication is essential to getting along with management.
I have learned that sometimes taking a deep breath and letting things go is the best way to deal with co-workers.
Changing of management was a little frustrating.
Getting raises for job well done, and company parties were one of the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Learning about anodizing products.
Cons
Seening some people in Management leaving.
Loved it here, this field of work is where I need to be.
Parts Hanger (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 23, 2015
Great place to work. I loved all my managers and coworkers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hot parts that came off the line. The most enjoyable part was always being busy, I never had to stand around. I like fast paced, hard work, and this is what this field of work is going to show me.
Tooling and maintenance tech
Tooling Technician (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 16, 2015
I arrive to open up at 5:30 am. Turn on all the equipment before the employees get here. I build and repair tooling and racking for production. I also step up to maintenance when needed.
The drive to work is a little farther than I like.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 15, 2015
I leaned a lot of new thing just by working in warehouse my co-workers was cool the hardest part about working here was it was fast paced but i kept up with the team.
I did like my job there but then you realize exactly how they are.
Line operator trainee (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 9, 2015
They always kept me busy up until i got injured on the job and was no longer able to perform my duties due to an injury that i received working there and because of another disability it was not healing properly or in a timely manner for them so they fired me.
Poor upper management, no direction
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South BendMay 21, 2015
The upper management team does not have a specific direction for the company expect make more money. Poor training leads to employees that are disconnected and poor quality of work.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Poor training and lack of commitment to get it
Very challenging work duties, that were tough juggling personal life.
Aluminum Anodizing Line Operator (Former Employee) –  minneapolis,minneasotaApril 27, 2015
Fast paced and hard work that can be dangerous. i learned OSHA guide lines and procedures. Work was overwhelming and intense. my co workers were great teachers and were very accomodating.
Pros
many benifets and company activites
Cons
long hours.
cold cold hot hot
shipping and receiving (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 7, 2015
it was cold in the winter and hot in the summer doors were always open and had to drive fork lift in the rain outside down a hill was not fun
Production (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIAugust 28, 2014
I went to work everyday, racked/ unracked parts, packed them in buckhorns, filled out the proper paperwork, and took them to shipping. I learned some, about anodizing. 2nd shift supervisor needed to be more of a boss, less of a friend. Coworkers were alright, some brought their home life drama with them to work, others acted innapropriate, etc.
o.k. place to work
inspector packer labor organizer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 4, 2014
A variety of tasks and equipment, product to handle. A mix of standing and sitting is a plus. The hardest part of the job is being on concrete floors.(no pun intended) It is interesting to know what the product's use is. I have worked on things for the ISS. Nice to know I could be a part of that.Co workers were nice people.(most of them)
Pros
see above
Cons
hard floors, and the job can be tough on your hands
Good work place needs a lot of work but it's pretty good overall
Enduraguard Line Operator/Racker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 1, 2014
I go to work I do my job to the best of my ablility I socialize with other co-workers make sure my area is clean I go home.The people there are friendly.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
you get three breaks and good benefits
Productive and fun workplace.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIJuly 28, 2014
Good hard work with most people on task.
Supervisors and team leaders were very easy to work with.
Good upper management left then the company started going down hill.
Pros
paid lunch time.
Cons
short lunch time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Metal Finishing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9