Pioneer Natural Resources

Pioneer Natural Resources Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Compressor Operator (Former Employee), Trinidad ColoradoJune 10, 2015
Worked independently. Traveled to compressor stations and made repairs and serviced units. I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
Great place to work, great company culture and great management team
Senior Geologist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, free gym, ESPP, great benefits
Typical workday included working across multiple disciplines between Geology, Drilling and Engineering. The company culture is outstanding and working with everyone was a very enjoyable experience, I learned a tremendous amount working here. My primary role was Senior Geologist in the Eagle Ford Shale and Barnett Shale Asset Teams.
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great pay, Great people, just absolutely great place to work
Cons: none
This company is fabulous. I have no complaints and would suggest anyone to apply there. Great work environment, great people, and the list goes on and on
Pending final severance agreement
Drilling Superintendent (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 15, 2015
Pending final severance agreement. Good company to work for.

Treated me well while I was there. Great group of people, it is a shame that they didn't offer more people transfers to Dallas office.
Great place to work.
ACTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMay 5, 2015
Worked here for four years. Awesome pay & benefits. Pioneer gave me the skills that pretty much guarantee my future. Im thankful.
Upper management is great, it just does not filter down through all the layers of management.
Equipment Operator II for Coiled Tubing (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 20, 2015
The benefits are amazing and you get paid well, however the job dominates your life. The job life balance is out of balance in favor of the job.
Manage was a problem, Company was good.
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee), Big Lake, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: they paid good
Choosing wrong person for the job, they had people in superintendent level doing the job, that should not of been there.
Great Working Enviorments
Payroll Contractor - Ultipro (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 10, 2015
Working short period of time for this company as a temporary contractor, I recognized that the co-workers are very friendly.
Awesome place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Great Company, Management and People to work with in the Oil and Gas Industry. Awesome benefits, bonuses, and free lunch. Multiple opportunities for training and to learn about the business.
Great culture
Content Development Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 8, 2015
Pioneer is an excellent company to work for with an amazing corporation culture. The company has very good benefits including an employee cafeteria.
Productive a fun place to work.
DOT Trainer (Current Employee), VictoriaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: the benifits are great and they don't believe in laying workers off.
Cons: the price of oil, can put a damper on things.
It's 12 hour work day sometimes. Day by day I learn about the business of oil and gas. The atmosphere is fun and my coworkers are easy going.
Pioneer Natural Resources Job Description
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Midland, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Worked at a very busy and fast pace environment. Long work days and required to be on call monday through friday. Management is good. Benefits are outstanding.
h
Mechanic Helper (Former Employee), midland txFebruary 20, 2015
work 12 hours i lean more tings of the diesel mechanic and the hydrolic system good place to work the beter par of the job is the co workers the we cover one to the otrer
Productive and good work environment.
Frac Consultant (Former Employee), Midland TexasJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great work environment, people care about safety
Cons: company hired too many consultants too fast, not enough work for all to learn everything. low oil prices began to slow work down more.
I enjoyed time at Pioneer. People were really helpful getting accustomed to job duties, the office personell were patient and helpful getting us used to imputing all frac data into Well View comp. program. Fellow company employees were helpful on our learning curve also.
Great place to work. Long term employees need to learn how to accept change.
Operations Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TxNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free use of gym and great culture and compensation
Cons: field personnel did not like change, too many meetings (6 of 8 hrs)
My Department was responsible for developing and executing a long term development plan for the Eagle Ford Shale, a $1B project. This project required extensive coordination with EHS, Permitting, Procurement, Drilling, Completions and Operations Departments. This was a highly successful project and the main infrastructure is in place and completed on time and under budget. Project involved over 600 miles of 10" and 12" natural gas lines, 6" and 8" liquid lines, 8 major stations with liquid handling, condensate stabilizers, storage, water handling, amine treating, dehydration and compression facilities.

Also performed same type facility work for Wolfcamp assets in Permian Basin for SWAT with development plan, flow lines and large tank batteries.
Intern - Geophysical Technology Team (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 20, 2014
Great internship program. Excellent mentor. Interesting and challenging project.
Great company
Senior Accounting Assistant II (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, and gym
*Processed fast turn around invoices from SharePoint program into iSeries/MS400 for check process

*Processed password protected invoices such as legal and Human Resource and payroll

*Reconciled daily bank sheets and cash. Recorded any ACH,WIRES and checks processed from the Treasury Dept as prepaids

*Created JE's entries

*Processed daily batches for check run

*Processed monthly and yearly state, IRS, severance, franchise taxes

*Assured all billables were processed before JIB deadline

*Maintained check log for all mailed out and hand delivered checks

*Called vendors regarding credits, discrepancies, and/or check requests
Great place to work, wonderful benefits
Division Order Analyst II (Former Employee), Midland, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: benefits
I spent my days assisting interest owners. Answering phone calls and maintaining owner records. This was the first experience I had working in the oil and gas industry. I learned may things that will help me in my jobs further down the road.
Good job
Eo, crew lead, acting supervisor (Current Employee), Allen, KYSeptember 29, 2014
It was a good job to get the experience you need. I had fun there
Great Benefits but that's it
Lead/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee), Midland,TXSeptember 15, 2014
Great company but advancement is very hard to get. The management mean well but they are trying to expand to quickly without the proper experience in place.

1 2 3

About Pioneer Natural Resources

Oil and gas explorer Pioneer Natural Resources' frontier is not in the Western prairies, but below them, and below the Rocky Mountains, – Read more

Pioneer Natural Resources Salaries