Pioneer Natural Resources Employee Reviews

Oil
Corporate Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Not diversified and focusing on one area. No direction on what the company will be in the next five years. Good benefits, vacation, 401k, and etc. ----
great
SPECAIL OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 18, 2017
Pioneer was a great company to work for and offered great opportunities to its employees. Pioneer takes the correct steps in keeping its employees safe at all times.
Negative Vibes
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2017
I never felt like part of a team at pioneer. It always seemed everyone was only looking out for themselves. While I enjoyed many of the perks the company offered, it was often hard to find the motivation to go to the office and see the people there on a daily basis.
Do not work here
EO3 (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXApril 9, 2017
Decent pay but a very kiss butt environment hard to move up they are always pushing friends and family before any other employees rude management all they are worried about is the top dollar not there employees
Pros
pay
Cons
everything eles
not a good company to work for
Field Service Assistant Supervisor EO I (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Horrible management, and Supervisor, Making up rules and policies as they go a long, there is no constructive company policies. Supervisor only training the one that they like, there is a lot of racism. Treating people unfair. No matter how hard you work with your dedication, its don't mean nothing.
Pros
Benefit
Water Transfer
Water Transfer Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 24, 2017
A days work would be getting the floor plan or blueprint to see what we have to do maybe loading pipes on a pipe trailer or hooking up our F350 trucks up to pumps or hooking up to a trailer with hearvy equipment on it going to the work site locations then rigging up putting everything together ready for a fracing or pumping job.Sometime the maybe a little hard be end up being a successful day.The enjoyment about the is the coworkers,we learn alot from each other and i have learn alot in my 6 years in the oilfield
great work place
Senior Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 23, 2017
excellent working experience ,busy work day all day,great teamwork, learned teamwork is vital, management was great, workplace was a great work time, deadlines when really bussy,
Pros
great team work
Cons
slow down
good
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Pawnee, TXJanuary 20, 2017
it was a good place to work, until the oil price dropped. then they laid a lot of people off, I enjoyed working there, the people there were good co workers
Good Company to work for.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 10, 2017
This is a excellent company to work for they care about the field employees are are second to none when it comes to safely. They arre the best in the oil and gas industry.
Good company
Maintenance Technician/Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 18, 2016
Outstanding mid level management and people in the field are very laid back.
The pay and Benefits were top notch.
There was no micromanaging.

Want to know more about Pioneer Natural Resources?

Ask a question
Excellent work enviroment
SR. TELECOMMUNICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 9, 2016
Very employee friendly company. Pioneer has been a Best Place to work for 9 years running. Very active with local communities projects. Fast paced environment.
Pros
Lunches, fitness centers, healthcare.
Productive and quiet workplace
Staff Lease and Title Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mdland, TXDecember 5, 2016
You are only limited by your own imagination. Great management and work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone of my friends, family and associates.
Pros
fexible work hours
Awesome Compnay
Risk (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 4, 2016
Love everything about it. Benefits, lunch, days off, holidays, sporting events, family feel, volunteer days, Corporate challenge. #1 company in DFW area.
Completed Horz/Vert wells in the Permian Basin
Completion Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 10, 2016
Enjoy Completions, work overs, every job different, new and old wells. Team leader, watch cost, monitor safety of all personnel, dedicated consultant.
Good Luck, You will need it
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 9, 2016
Company was very good, management had some issues, not above board and will stab you in the back without prior notice. Would probably pass on working there since the market is not good for the industry and depending on the department the management will disappoint.
Pros
Great athosphere
Cons
Managers
Operations Foreman II Permian Asset Team (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work and have enjoyed my years employed with Pioneer. Just looking to relocate north closer to family if the right opportunity comes available.
Progressive work place
SR. GEOSCIENCE SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 22, 2016
Management was appreciative of work done and general population was included in informative meetings. I enjoyed going to work at Pioneer - which I think is important. I never knew what I would be working on day to day - there were always new requests. I worked for all aspects of the asset team.
Pros
Good comardarie among staff
Supportive Atmoshphere
Safety (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 17, 2016
There is always someone willing to give you help with your questions. There are committees that are established to help with issues.
Pros
Committees to help with major issues
Cons
Systems in place need significant improvement
Used to be better
Equipment Operator 3 - CDL A Hazmat driver. (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 27, 2016
I work 14 straight days between 12-16 hours a day with no set breaks (Then go off for 7 days unpaid). We are forced to turn in our cell phones keeping us completely out of touch with our families (rules say we will be given a chance to access our phones but that does not happen). Our two weeks start on a Tuesday and end on a Monday as a way of getting out of paying one day of overtime. If we take a sick or vacation day we only get paid 8 hours of straight time (base pay, does not count towards overtime) which means taking a sick or vacation day costs an employee a minimum of $200
Pros
Not many anymore
Cons
Non existent breaks. No advancement
Pioneer as a whole
Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 21, 2016
Pioneer is a great company to work for. It has great upper management, great benefits, and an excellent safety culture. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
growing to fast

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneer Natural Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3