PIONEER SERVICES Employee Reviews

Small company, everyone was a friend
OTHER SALES PEOPLE (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJuly 23, 2017
Pioneer Services was a small company selling services to the restaurant industry. Automatic fire suppression systems. The electrical contracting business with fire alarm systems, security systems. I left because I need to make more money. The company went out of business.
Pros
Good group of people
Cons
No benefits
An employee focused company
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2017
This company cares about its employees. It pays well and allows their employees to work schedules that fit their life. The company is honest and fosters a team atmosphere.
rewarding
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAApril 1, 2017
Review pending loan applications and counsel service members and other customers on loan request and procedures. I learned that the financial industry has strict guidelines on rates and procedures for a reason and that they did not waver from them. They mandated a number of loan applications in with a percentage of approvals. The hardest part of my job was to feel that we were helping the service members and our customers with a high percentage rate on their loans. The best part of the job was working with people and helping them even if they didn't get or need a loan.
Pros
Helping Service members
Cons
Industry loan rates
Moto Work hard, play hard
Collections Specialist, skip tracer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2017
A day at work was getting through our queue for the day and helping your team.
I learned that its important to work together as a team.
My managers were always willing to help us excel in our job to grow with the company.
The culture was work hard, play hard. In order for your team to do there best we wanted to make sure they had fun as well.
Having to collect from a deployed soldier was the worst part however when i skip traced and found someone who we have been trying to collect on for sometime is the best part of the job.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
had to hear of a soldier passing who yo are trying to collect on
Horrible Company
Account Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2016
Absolutely no training. Constant change in job duties making it difficult to meet deadlines. Unfair treatment for a hard worker and favoritism for the lazy non workers. Absolutely HORRIBLE Supervisor that should have never been placed in the position. I have never worked for such an unprofessional supervisor nor company. During my employment with Pioneer support was not given or recognition. However, I did receive rude and unfair criticism.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Way too many to list
Laid back atmosphere
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2015
For the most part, a great place to work. They do a good job of making work fun and enjoyable. It's not as big as other companies I have worked for, so when there was turnover within the department, it was pretty burdensome and required a lot of extra time.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Great place to be employed!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 28, 2015
What i learned from this job is a lot of team work and patience. It is worth the the experience and time! the company is a food services that serve college students several times a day.
Great culture
Purchasing Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2015
The best thing about Pioneer Services, they really know how to invest in their employees. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the employee perks and the culture.
Used to be good.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2015
Very good atmoshphere. Very good management. Has a few good benefits. However, company is always making changes. As of late no changes have been to the benefit of a collector.
Pros
benefits, management, culture
Cons
Company has recently been moving into a directiont that in no way benefits collections
loved doing my job
Customer Service Representative/CCR (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJanuary 4, 2015
we had no manager and I was working as the acting manager for a few months. The work place became very bad once the new manager came to our office. Lots of harrasement.
Pros
Cons
breaks short not benefits, terrible Manager
great temporary agency
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2014
This company was based in Atlanta and I was unable to speak to the person live, but they did hook me up with a great company in macon Georgia ricoh business solutions as a cash handling specialist. I loved the job, I left because I became very ill and could no longer perform my work duties. Ricoh treated me well, they had a Christmas party and allowed me a temp employee to participate.
Productive & Fun Place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2014
* Decision consumer applications, called customers to request information needed
* Pioneer provided seminars, learned strategies and tips to improved job performance.
* All supervisor and managers make themselves available to help you out with any work related or personal issues.
*Have good culture, co-workers are friendly and get along.
* The hardest part of the job would be working the night shift.
*I enjoy the culture there, fun activities how the balance out work hard and play hard.
Pros
Free lunches, cafee, sodas, cake, cup cakes
Cons
Health care is expensive
The people are nice
Profit & Loss Military Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Extremely difficult work, wonderful place to work. I would recommend this place
Immature
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityJuly 25, 2014
Business strategy thinking is limited. Sr leadership keeps throwing new ideas out without thinking through implications. Limited understanding of how to play in competitive market or full understanding of product costs and managing margins.

To get ahead, don't question the strategy or lack there of. Instead, talk up the culture and put long hours in doing manual work.
Pros
Stocked break room
Cons
Old technology, manual processes, decreasing market share
Productive and great culture
Retail Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2014
I truly enjoyed this company. There were many changes so if you can acclimate yourself to new policy and procedures quickly then this would be a great place to work. Being proactive and self motivated is a key to growth and promotion here.
Pros
Great breakroom, awesome culture
Cons
Constant lay offs and managment changes
Great Place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs COMay 7, 2014
Contacting business about Pioneer's financing options working with a great team.
Family Oriented
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 28, 2014
I enjoyed every day I spent at Pioneer Services. I loved knowing that I was personally helping a service member to obtain information about their credit and loan process. My coworkers were amazing! The upper management was very open and honest with employees and ensured each person knew their place within the business.
Pros
employee compensation, awards
Consumer Underwriting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2014
The job would be okay if not for the management. The people that work for Pioneer are nice.
No job security
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  NationwideJanuary 8, 2014
Pioneer can be a fun place to work. Overall the team members and atmosphere is great. Job security is horrible. Closed branches without any notice. Top managers favored branch managers and overlook complaints of employees. The job itself is very easy and simple. Customers are great and the environment catered to the customer to make them feel comfortable while applying for loans. Great office games and there was always a reason for free lunches.
Fast paced business
Senior Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 17, 2013
an environment utilizing excellent administrative and organizational skills with wide experience in coordinating with customers to resolve their problems. I