Pioneer

Pioneer Employer Reviews

Seasonal work only
Production Worker (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great guys if your a seasonal worker
Cons: short breaks. mismanagment.
You cant move up in the company. You work very odd hours. Only good thing is there is over time In season. Off season your ether laid off, or you work and have no to little work to do, and get old to do more work.

Safe is key at that place, but it can be over barring. Common sense doesn't work at this place at all.

the full time workers. those who actually work for Pioneer are a bunch of monkeys running around. Most. some of them do great work, others will be rude and disrespectful to you.

Management is worse. If you are a seasonal worker. You can have great ideas, but if those certain people don't come up with the idea first or think it wont work in there favor. Its turn down right there and then.

You barely see those people also. they are always at there desk.

You get treated like garbage. There are no enjoyable parts of the job. You make one mistake or anything. You are canned. You even back talk. your tossed that day.

the hardest part of the job for me was walking in the door.

If your looking for a temp job this is a place. you get hours but you will work for them .
pot luck and employee meet up
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Woodland, CAJanuary 29, 2015
It's an pot luck between employee organized by supervisor team to encourage worker, mostly hired worker.
good area
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good area
Cons: short break
Responsibilities
When i got to work I counted my two register, made sure money was accounted for. worked with customers and rang them up ,talk to them and do my transactions and sending them on their way a satisfied customer. When their was no customer I stayed busy doing other things like cleaning or organizing.
Fun, laidback workplace with little chance for advancement
Shift Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: superb management, family atmosphere.
Cons: no scheduled breaks, no benefits.
Typical days are busy and energetic, meaning little time for breaks. Because of the fast pace and high number of customers, all employees are cross trained and expected to jump into any position to assist fellow employees. Management is very hands-on, always assisting in one way or another, and very fair while mediating conflicts. Most employees have been working with Pioneer for 20+ years, which promotes strong bonds between employees but leaves little chance for promotion. The most difficult part of the job is the constant, quick pace, but because of the close bonds with coworkers every assignment is easily completed with teamwork.
semi productive
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee), Magee, MSJanuary 9, 2015
The hours was the hardest part. A single parent it was unrealistic hours. I loved my co workers and the accounting was fine.
Productive and eventful
Seed tech, germination analyst (Former Employee), Johnston, IANovember 25, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: short breaks, unannounced when had to work late
I enjoyed my job at Pioneer. I learned many new things and felt like part of the team. Everyone treated one another with respect and they are very family orientated.
loading and unloading (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: alot of work and free food
Cons: messy and bad benefits
A typical work day was a lot of work to do after an event. The management could have been better along with the benefits. My co-workers were enjoyable and interesting. There was never anything that seem to hard because as long as I was focused I knew I could accomplish the task. I just enjoyable working in the field.
being a part of a team that is sucessfull
tool pusher "rig manager" (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2014
Pros: the pay is good and relation ships you make
Cons: time away from family
Intresting and challenging.
I have learned threw the years not all hands learn the same way and you can learn things from guys who have never been in this industry.
in a management posision you are more than a manager, sometimes you are a baby sitter, counsler, judge, jury, mechanic, friend, foe, leader, it can be a crazy job!
Most enjoy working for me and with me I try to make the best workplace enviorment for everyone but sometimes that's not how it works out.
Well problems of course, having to terminate employes but its part of the job,
The comaradery and achievements
A friendly environment to work around
temp. job through Elwood staffing (Former Employee), Plymouth, INOctober 28, 2014
Although it was a temporary job from Elwood staffing, the employees were kind and friendly and most of the workers from what i could tell were really hard workers.
productive
Deburr tech 1 (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2014
nice place to work and great people to work with. the jobs are in high demand so theres always work and there is always someone there to help you if you have any questions.
It was really fun
Detasseler (Former Employee), Portage, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lunch everyday, pretty often breaks
Cons: weather, waking up early
We would work from 7am to usually 2pm, i learned how to detassel and that its really fun. The management was great, stern but still really friendly and knew how to handle teenagers. My co-workers were relatively great,I would usually stay with friends so I never had a problem.I am very quiet due to that no one really tried to bother me or anything. The hardest part was waking up early and the weather conditions. The most enjoyable part was pulling out the tassels and talking to my mangers and friends.
Great company to work with to get a good start in the oil field.
Rigger (Former Employee), La Rose, LAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: excellent job for learning how to be an able bodied seaman
Cons: pay
A typical day at work involves offloading and backloading cargo from the oil rig.
Poorly maintained and managed
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Wichita FallsAugust 5, 2014
Very depressing place to work with no room for advancement or raises.
I was the Accounts Payable Manager.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: i really like doing accounts payable and receivables.
Cons: no room to grow within the company.
I did all the Accounts Payable for 3 different tile plants in Florida. I would get PO's everyday from each plant and wait a certain time to receive the invoices. If I did not receive them I would call to get them. Lots of filing for different companies, I would have 2 separate check runs a month which equaled to approximately 4000 per month. The hardest part of this job was getting all the plants to send me there PO's to where I would end up tracking them down anyway.
A short job for me.
Detasseling (Former Employee), York, NEJune 18, 2014
Pros: a good short time job to earn money from.
Cons: have to work as fast as fastest worker other wise you won't get paid as much.
Well it was something to work hard on during the summer and I enjoyed the work but I for one didn't like the people I worked with. I worked with juvenile behavior employees, not everyone worked as hard as others did, and some employees kept on saying inappropriate things that made some of the employees, myself included, uncomfortable. But over all, I enjoyed the hard work.
Great first job
Intern (Former Employee), Ivesdale, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: fun and informative
Cons: hot days
This job will teach people the value of a dollar. It is manual labor but It helps people learn to work for their money.
I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Migrant worker (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 21, 2014
Pros: someone had a concession stand and gave loans too.
Cons: dirty trailers
A typical day at work consisted of getting up early, walking through wet plants, hot sun in the afternoon, lunch and breaks; detassling plants and rouging. I met some new friends, a lot of Mexicans. Even thouth Chris Varner had to let a few people go, he was a good boss overall. The hardest part of the job was to withstand the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in the open space to bar-b-cue or do what you want.
Fun productive experience
Packer (Former Employee), Springboro, OHMay 13, 2014
I enjoyed the work enviroment and the ability to work as a team member on each line we was assigned to.
Pionner
Driver-Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2014
Have all the available endorsement with no restrictions
Driving experience includes tankers, vans, mixers and flatbeds
Its a job
Temp (Former Employee), Durant IowaApril 4, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: discrimination
While working here I really feel isolated. You can feel the discrimination and racism at the Durant Iowa plant. You can make a small mistake and its a big issue. The other employees act like they do things perfect.

1 2 3 4

About Pioneer

Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. – Read more