Pioneers Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

This was a very interesting and fun job twork, at times.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Everyday was full of task and responsibilities to work with. Learned to work with many different people. This was a job to feel proud of, especially when helping others in need of help.
everyday is not the same at pioneers memorial hospital
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brawley, CASeptember 26, 2015
Working in the emergency room, there is no typical day. You don't know what will come through those doors. everything from a scrap on the knee to a CPR in progress when patient arrives.
Since i am a E.R. Tech. i mostly prepare the doctors and nurses for the things that are out of my scoop.
The staff that is there is amazing its like your home away from home, and in all reality you do spend a majority of your day there so they are family.
There are those great days where you are glad that you can help someone, but also remember I do work in a hospital so lives are lost and that never gets easier. You have to remember we humans just like everyone else, but we are also there to help people so we are no help if we cant help ourselves.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that you do get to know your community and see familiar faces but also you do meet new people everyday and also everyone has a story so you dont know whats going on in someones lives, be there for the patient. we are there for them. We are patient advocates.
Pros
saving lives
Cons
losing lives
Fun working with RNs
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAJanuary 16, 2015
I would go into work and chat with the employees who would teach me about proper patient care. I learned how to clean bed pans. The hardest part of working here was probably making sure the patients were comfortable. I worked in in the surgery department; mostly in pre-op.
At the starting of my employment I felt fortune to have been given the opportunity to work in such a warm welcoming environment but all that changed
Medicare Biller (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAApril 20, 2014
I felt very lucky to have been employed by Pioneers Memorial Hospital but as time went by it all changed. The morale became extremely low, smiles on faces was just not happening. As for the department I worked in the previous director was awesome he was very compassionate, he did his job very well, he was not perfect but he had a heart. The department was then introduced to a new director, which made the morale within the department worse than what it was. There was so much bickering in the department no one wanted to talk anyone. The director in so many different ways made us feel very uncomfortable. We never knew what kind of mood she was in which made it very difficult for anyone to approach her. She uses foul language which is heard through out the department and there is much more. What makes it worse is the fact that one at PMH seems to care enough to take care of the problem instead they tend to look elsewhere and just patch it up for now. In the beginning I would have recommended PMH to anyone for employment, now that I see for myself how seniority means nothing to PMH, the time you have taken away from your family in order for you to give to the hospital means nothing. You get no sort of acknowledgement and not even a thank you.
Cons
the feeling of being harassed, being belittled, and afraid of retaliation

Comment – April 4, 2015

Question: When a review is submitted, what procedures are taken? Is there some kind of acknowledgement indicating that the comment was read and further action will be taken if applicable, or some kind of reassurance that it will not be overlooked like in the past

Was a very pleasant place to work.
Admission/Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAMarch 3, 2014
Wound answer phones, take payments, draw up furniture contracts, assist in recievables, and send payment notices.
Leaned to work with public.
Management was a joy to work with.
Co-workers were a joy to be around on a daily basis.
Hardest part was having to give a two week notice.
Most enjoyable was working with the public on a daily basis and learning different personalities.
Pros
working with every other weekend off.
Cons
no room for advancement.
To obtain a challenging position with a company that offers a diverse job responsibility and an opportunity for career advancement.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CADecember 23, 2013
A typical day at work is been on time, getting the job done either independently or teamwork, communicating with others, and completing the work before the day is over.
Pros
new work experience, learning new trades, working with a good team, wages, health insurances, benefits
Cons
short lunches, no benefits
Nurse Mentee
Nurse Mentee (Current Employee) –  Brawley, CAJuly 12, 2013
The staff was very supportive and helpful during my rotations. They were encouraging and always tried to help me learn new things. The ER can be challenging, but this allowed me to use my critical thinking and skills to work through those situations. I was able to practice my skills and assess patients with different conditions.
Productive and very friendly enviornment.
Medicare Crossover Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAJune 28, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of following up with Insurance Co.'s and patients regarding accounts and/or pending information. I learned alot about helathcare/ Insurance policies. Management was great as well as my co-workers. They were really easy going, very knowledgeable and helpful. The hardest part of the job was having to learn everything on my own without proper training and in a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was executing projects and getting great feed back!
Would reccomend as great place to work
Senior Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAMay 7, 2013
Friendly, well paid, good quality results, felt valued, good food in the cafeteria, small town feeling, just great people, some days busier than others, great team work
Pros
team work was outstanding
Cons
a long drive from home
Learned new things everyday
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brawley, CAMarch 24, 2013
I would check in with the head clerk and she would tell what need to be done.
I learned a lot of different medical terminology and anything having to do with medical problems
Hardest part of the job was seeing sick people and also the people that would lose their life
Something new would happen everyday
Pros
one hour lunches, meet new people, learn new things
Cons
some nurses were mean, couldn't help the doctors do a lot
Fun Place to work and Very prfessional
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brawley, CAFebruary 9, 2013
Working in the evening shift and coming in at Noon I'm able to work with the morning crew and Happy to help out in any way possible.
The ability to very flexible with my experience as a Surgical Scrub came very handy and made a lot of people happy.
Pros
good breaks, good people
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pioneers Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2