Piper Aircraft Employee Reviews

Everything I Could Have Wanted and More
Paint Shop Worker (Current Employee), Vero BeachJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Multiple short breaks, 3 - Day Weekends, Benefits
Cons: Bit of stress sometimes
A typical day at Piper for me, I'd start off with a brief meeting with my lead person to discuss the objectives for the day, and then set out to meet them. I learned all about painting and how much time and effort goes into making things look beautiful. Management always looked out for us and worked with me as much as they could to help me and accommodate my school schedule. My co-workers were a bit help, being many more years in the field than I, they never shied away from a question or resisted when I asked for help. Hardest part of the job was probably the painting itself, only because I was worried about messing up. Most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers, they made it great.
piper aircraft
Painter (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free hour lunch lots of vending machine
Cons: short breaks very dusty atmosphere
I leaned a lot about aviation and preparing an aircraft for Paint. My favorite part was painting the aircraft inside the booth. I found out the hardest part of the job was all the prep work that it took to get the aircraft ready to be painted. The management was very well organized which I liked every one knew there jobs was like a well oiled machine!
Well-balanced atmosphere, Efficient work structure
Structural Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLMay 17, 2015
Pros: 9-80 Work Schedule, Reasonable Hours/Pay
Cons: Interns aren't allowed overtime
The atmosphere is very laid-back and helpful, but serious enough to be sure to make deadlines and show much respect.
I personally worked at a desk doing design work and collaborating with my neighboring stress engineer.
The hardest part of the jobs was keeping parts and assemblies in accordance with company specifications such as tolerances.
The entire experience was enjoyable, so it is hard to pinpoint a specific part.
learning expirence
Painter (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAApril 24, 2015
is a pleasant environment good people to work with, excellent team effort to accomplish all tasks in a timely manner, good communication with management, and a rewards program for employees with good performing, safety records.
Piper really cares about their employees,
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
Piper cares about their employees. They have numerous wellness programs as well as community service programs that they encourage their employees to be involved in. They have designed a work schedule that allows their employees to have ample time off during the year to be with their families.
good benefits lot of overtime.
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: aircraft are exspensive
When I worked at Piper Aircraft we worked hard, but I enjoyed the type work, even though it was building the same thing over and over.
Pay not great, good location close to beach
Sr Mfg Engr (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 6, 2014
The pay is low, raises not much better. Opportunity to expand your career if you are starting out or a decent place to end one.
Enjoyed my time there
Pilot Shop (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working there it was so long ago that I know the company has changed.

The one thing I can say that was a highlight for me was when I got to go and work at the Oshkosh Airshow in 1989.
Great history, manamagment turn-over ever 3-5 years
Supervisor (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 29, 2013
A lot of broken processes that are from years of no process improvement. Employees had been without raises for years and then there was layoffs left and right. Management did the best they could, turnover about every 3-5 years with multiple company acquisitions. Not even American owned anymore! The jet program a huge failure. Hopefully they are getting their act together.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 27, 2013
Pros: it was a great job
Cons: it was far from my house
530AM TO 430 PM
ASSEMBLY OF FUSELAGE
HALF AN HOUR FOR LUNCH
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS RIVETING THE FUSELAGE TOGETHER
MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS THAT I GOT TO LISTEN TO MY IPOD ALL DAY WHILE I DID MY JOB
Good paying job with good benefits.
Fork Left Driver (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 8, 2013
The work is not hard to learn. It has good benefits and 401k. It's just sometimes you get laid off.
This company makes a first class product.
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLMarch 11, 2013
Very challenging environment. Short deadlines, but the product is very exciting to produce. First class personal aircraft.
Technical Support Specialist III (Current Employee), Vero Beach, FLNovember 14, 2012
From the day i started at piper i knew it was a great place to work , the people are friendly and the job is fun and challenging.
fast paced excitin and rewarding
Electrician, Airplane (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 25, 2012
Pros: income is good, its a challenging job
Cons: employment unstable
piper is a great company to work for its on the cutting edge of technology and very fullfilling to see the end results
very well balanced work place
Senior Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLOctober 10, 2012
People and superivors were great to work with and for.Great product produced
Highly political atmosphere
Flight Line Mechanic/Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLApril 30, 2012
Pros: pay every other friday
Cons: politics
Piper does not value integrity as much as it values protecting drinking buddies. A healthy disregard of truth is required to advance above the floor. Honesty got me fired.