Pirate Staffing

Pirate Staffing Employer Reviews

Was a temp agency
Laborer (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: it was a temporary fix and a pay check
Cons: everything
The place was very mismanaged, fortunately I only went to the office once a week to pick up a check, now the job assignment they sent me on was okay, was just a lot of hard work digging trenches and spraying pesticides.
Earned a variety of skills and great experience.
Customer Service Rep/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: payroll experience
Cons: very long hours of work.
The skills and the experience that you get working for a staffing agency are amazing. You learn about customer service, payroll, workers compensation policies and much more, plus there is opportunities to grow within the company.
Staffing agency.
Carpenter (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 21, 2014
Daily routine varied due to different workplaces.
Learned basic warehousing, basic carpentering
it was a very good temp service who always kept me working
Temp Service (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 24, 2014
this was one of the best temp services i have ever worked for and i advise people who need work to try it out
Extra Busy, No attention to Employees, Misleading
Demo (Former Employee), Bakersfield ,CaliforniaJune 10, 2014
Pros: daily pay
Cons: go in to the office, an tell me what you think....
Went in applied for work with this company, While I'm sitting there I hear other workers for "Pirate" explain to others that completed their application before me what they needed to do to be placed on the work list (in full detail)... I finish my application turns it in all I'm told."ok we start calling tomorrow for jobs" I'm like uhhhh ok.... kind – more... of threw me off, I was ready for the whole "We text jobs, what kind of work are you seeking open availability speech" that didn't happen, so the following day I called to see if there was work available. Immediately I'm told they place people in jobs that they are familiar with so keep calling in until they get familiar with me. I was like huh..?????? So I received a text concerning a job. I called in to accept the job, the individual said "do you mind working in the heat" (No) "do you have a clean background "yes" steel toe boots "yes" she asked for my telephone number an said, I'm putting you down for the job, but let me call you back, I'm the only one here in the office an the phones are gonna go Crazy, I got cha down an I'll call you back to let you kno where to go. Ok good enough, So I'm amped up. I go buy newer steel toe boots and some work things I would need while I'm working in the sun, I get up this morning called to see where I needed to meet. An was told the positions was filled "Huh" so I explained to the Person over the phone what was discussed prior an all she could say is Okay, an ended the phone call.
Pretty rude unprofessional attitude.... After I was told I had the job... I was just calling to see where do I go for work.... (Shrugs) – less
Lots of Work little pay
General Laborer (Former Employee), Valencia, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Was a lot of work for one days pay
Was far to commute for minumum wage
its a working enviorment thats quite and not around to much traffic
Construction Worker (Helper) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: you can call and see if there was any work for that day
Cons: there wasnt work every day so not enough hours
it was a temp agency so different days most likely different jobs
Great place to experience different occupations very quickly
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 26, 2013
Pros: get to experience different work environments and people. i get to build skills in different fields.
Cons: work is never consistent. the pay is very low, since they are temporary employement aganecies. no growth.
I am currently an employee at two temporary agencies. Throughout my duration of being employed by them, I have to do everything from shipping and receiving at warehouses, doing general labor, to security work. For me to have successfully completed assignments in these fields, I have to be highly adaptable in the workforce, which I already am.
all in all good place to work for
Labor (temp) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2013
typical day at work the earlier u get there the better chance to get to go to work
Good Temp service
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vernon, CASeptember 8, 2013
Pros: quick job source
Cons: healthcare
Good temp service just go to work do your job and hope they don't do any layoffs
Very good company to work for.
Laborer (Former Employee), La Puente, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pirate staffing is a temporary staffing company that pays daily. You get paid every day if you wish. Some of the jobs are hard and then some are really easily.
Work assigments change daily extremly pyhsical demanding
General laborer for temporary positions (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CADecember 4, 2012
A typical day at work varies depending on the type of labor/job that is assigned for that day. Management and co-workers are supportive however their is no set work pattern
Work place for just working!
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAOctober 30, 2012
I learned a lot of different skills from Pirate Staffing they are good company to work for.
not enough hours, poor management
general labor (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: paid every day
Cons: no health care, always different hours, not enough work
temp service, every day was a different job, could be extremely confusing at times
work
Machine Operator-Temp (Former Employee), Commerce, CAAugust 27, 2012
Cons: shift
employees were very friendly
the company is well maintained
Good employees & helpful resources
Parking Assistant (Current Employee), Hawthrone,CaJuly 24, 2012
Pros: getting sent to nearby area
this job is more of a temp. agency so its not a for sure thing your getting a job. However when you are there for so long they will eventually find work for you.
fun place to work
wherehouse (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 17, 2012
well i was looking for work and they told me to come in i filled out some papers and they sent me to work it was fast easy.
overall rating is average
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: no benifits, and i was laid off for no reason. very unfair...
It was a great company to work for, but I think better management would be a little better for the employees. Like company meeting every week to discuss things and problems.