Pitney Bowes Software Seeks an Inside Sales Representative
Pitney Bowes Software, the software division of Pitney Bowes Inc., was formed in 2007 by combining industry leaders MapInfo and Group 1 Software. Our global software solutions, data, and services provide our customers with greater competitive advantage and enhanced decision making through our array of offerings in Location Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Operational Intelligence, and Communications Management. For further information about our products and services, please visit www.pbinsight.com.
Pitney Bowes Software is currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to support Pitney Bowes Software in reaching targeted revenue goals.
Pitney Bowes Software is currently seeking Inside Sales Representatives to
generate new sales leads through high volume outbound telesales campaigns. Outbound telesales activities would contribute to the success of Strategic Business Unit by providing both qualified opportunities to the Field Sales Team for follow-up and closure of smaller opportunities to exceed Territory Quota target. The role will report directly to the Inside Sales Supervisor. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented team, leading our continued growth. This position is based in Troy, NY, but strong candidates from other regions will be considered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handles inbound sales leads to convert leads into sales
- Prospects key contacts, usually executives of organizations, with the objective to interest the prospect in speaking and/or meeting with Field Sales Representatives.
- Qualify Sales leads by assessing budget, authority, need and timing. Obtain basic qualifying information including (but not limited to) time frame for purchase, decision maker(s), budget, influencing factors, and next step in the sales process.
- Manages Territory assignment to exceed quota target.
- Effective nurturing of leads; building relationships by conducting ongoing, informative dialog that helps qualified prospects who are not yet sales-ready. Move each lead to the next step in the sales cycle at the appropriate time and ensure a clean hand off to sales when lead approaches a buying decision.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell solutions. Meets outbound call metrics as set and measured on a monthly basis
- Builds and maintains customer relationships; quotes prices and credit terms; and prepares sales orders; coordinates customer training and estimates date of delivery based on delivery schedules
- Prepares reports of business transactions, investigates and resolves customer issues
- Supports Field Sales Team in areas such as quotation generation, customer follow-up and support, accessing information about specific customers and other support functions
Prospecting into new departments and/or accounts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of related sales or business experience is preferred
- Computer literacy required with MS Office Suite
- Some travel required
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to sell technical products/solutions with strong closing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-channel, team-selling environment
- Self-starter with excellent organization and time management skills
- Data Quality, Location Intelligence or Mailing software skills are a plus
- Working of Sales Force.com is preferred but not required
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 5 months ago
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence...