Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes Employer Reviews

Good overall work environment
ONSITE INSERTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: reasonable pay with good benefits.
Cons: management will not watch your back.
Good training provided.
Stress-on stress-off work environment kept the shifts interesting!
Working with customer personnel.mostly enjoyable
Wonderful Work location in Downtown Manhattan
Building Service Manager (Former Employee), 77 Water St NY, New York 10005February 26, 2015
Pros: great work location and a wonderful team to work with
Cons: no room for advancement due to at&t downsizing in confrence planning
a typical day would consist of checking the daily reservations for conference rooms and telepresences scheduled for the day, Make sure all visitors are properly registered for security access and make sure all room are set up according to the clients preference. I work directly with building management and property management for AT&T.
Good Company, Great Team To Work With
Field Systems (Former Employee), Ewing, NJFebruary 24, 2015
My duties required travel to different location in Eastern PA and Central/North New Jersey for installation of shipping and billing systems to automate the shipping process for clients. I was part of with a team of installation techs with expertise in different facets of IT.

Pitney Bowes provided a great opportunity to advance my skills along with peers at their training facility in Georgia.

One of the major challenges of the position was meeting the expectations of the client based on the environment and the scope of the project.

One of the enjoyable parts of the job was the new challenge that was presented at each installation location. This gave me the ability to use on your feet thinking and troubleshooting to provide the best solution for the customer.
not recommended
Customer Service Support Team Member (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: sinking company
worked in call center . the company is past its time. its very outdated and they expect you to retain customers in a lost business
Inconsistent
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2015
I prefer not to provide information based on the culture of this organization and its ability to reprimand for bias reasons. I am currently seeking new employment opportunities because of the lack of leadership and management incompetencies throughout this organization.
Fun, and busy atmosphere
Mail Handler Sorter (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 19, 2015
Prepare incoming and outgoing mail for distribution. Load, operate and sorting mail. Duties related to mail handling within the postal service. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was learning who to take the mail to. Enjoyable part of the job was when we could all decide something together to get a job done.
Good place to work, but position is being eliminated.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 19, 2015
I have been at Pitney Bowes for more than two years and have enjoyed it, but was informed in October 2014 that my position would be eliminated. While that decision has yet to be finalized, knowing that I will eventually asked to leave is a bit disheartening.

My position requires me to process the daily incoming invoices from vendors, handle any special requests for payment by manually entering them into the system, monitor the intercompany invoicing process, answer vendor inquiries and the processing of the weekly outgoing invoices to customers.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Mailroom Clerk
Shipping/Receiving
Receptionist
Switchboard, handling incoming mail inquires and calls
Shipping out various packages through multiple mail parcels
Interact on a daily basis w/customers to satisfaction ensure
Great Experience
Receptionist/ Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
The company offers a great environment to work in and offers great opportunities to work in different departments. The people that work there are very helpful and will make sure you have the tools needed to learn the job.
Fair
District Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Pretty fair in work/life balance. Good compensation. It's been quite a while since I have worked there, but they had great opportunities for advancement and really good benefits when I was there. Management generally pretty fair and down to earth. Company has changed a lot over the years with reorganization, not positive where they are at now with job security.
my first sales position
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: culture, management, benefits, product
Cons: commission structure
I spent my day focused on my customer's & prospect's needs. I spent my day making 12 or more cold calls each day & having 2 to 3 appointments each day.
I had a great sales manager that spent her time riding in the territory with me & helping me learn how to become a great sales representative by sharpening my skills.
I valued this position & enjoyed sharpening my skills for cold calling & getting to the decision maker. I also enjoyed presenting to customers as well.
No room for advancement
Customer Service/ Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 12, 2015
This job was not military friendly. Management from the Regional Manager to the team leader was involved. Was not permitted to advance because of current military deployment opportunities.
Growth Opportunities
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee), Overland ParkFebruary 11, 2015
Was able to grow and obtain a Bachelor's Degree while working at Pitney Bowes. Started out entry level and was able to move through the ranks to become an Enterprise Account Manager. Very rewarding career with Pitney Bowes.
Fun and energetic place to work!
Receptionist - Microsoft Campus (Current Employee), Redmond, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: ease of job and day...
Cons: very low pay for single income...
Not really much to say here, this is a great job for a person that has a really busy personal life and needs to have flexibility in the work day for kids or school.
It is a high energy and social job taking care of Microsoft Employees and guests...Perfect for those real social types!
Job Function
Site Supervisor/ Mail Reprographic Center (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Manage a team of three employees to ensure each daily task is completed
Compile Reports to monitor mail volume and compare to previous year
Oversee meter machine budget to ensure each department is accurately charged
Conduct weekly meeting with team to provide company updates and promote safety awareness
Receive and review contracts for Registration and Licensing for system entry.
Provide daily feedback to upper management to ensure standards are met.
great co workers
Digital Clerk / General Clerk 11 (Current Employee), Lanham MarylandFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: cross trained in other dept
Cons: benefits
process mail for 330 members house of reps, team player. Getting all the work out. Cross trained in other dept, recognition from team leader.
Anonymous
Mail Presorter (Current Employee), Grove City, OHFebruary 7, 2015
My coworkers are very nice to work with. It is noisy environment and very warm place to work. Other than that it's not bad.
My First Records Department
Records Clerk (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: regular food runs aviable, free soda in break area
Cons: part time and not a perment postion
At this position I would normally Check out and check in real estate and franchising folders for legal departments. There was a lot of circulation involved. Requests were handled by E-mail typically. When problems or time sensitive matters came up, phone correspondences would be made. We would respond to the E-mails to confirm we had received the order and to create a paper trail if we needed to back track to see if a request had been processed.

I also drove a company van to deliver files to a different building nearby. Once there we used a flat bed to drop off files at the designated drop off spot for each department and picked files up at a designated file return spot. These files would then be loaded back into the van and driven back to the main center.

We would also review the files on the shelf at regular intervals to insure files were in order.

We had a team lead and a supervisor that guided our team. The team lead normally handled special projects for clients while the supervisor handled more of the corporate culture exercises and networking with other departments.

I learned the value of your department having a good reputation and records. Often times a file would be misplaced in a clients area and they would assume they returned it. We were very good about tracing what files had been checked out to who and when. Clients would double check there areas when we told them they still had something checked out to them because they knew we were good about tracking the files.
Good sales experience
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Worked there so long ago, have no idea what its like now. Good cold calling experience. Good sales experience but that's all.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Transaction Team Lead (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: overall atmosphere was extremely conducive to productivity.
Productive and enjoyable work environment. People were genuine team players. Mentoring and job advancement were encouraged.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pitney Bowes

Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location – Read more