Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

The overall review is good.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 20, 2017
the typical day started by sorting mail by separate sections. Each person was responsible for one section of the mail.I learned how to separate the mail by codes. Their was a deadline for the mail to go for further process. The management was very good to work with. the workplace was a fast pace workplace.The hardest part of the job was to meet a deadline when their was a lot of mail.The most enjoyable part of the job are the skills I learned to perform the job.
Pros
Getting to work overtime
Cons
Not having enough work at times
Unstable business, competition is cuthroat
Senior Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 20, 2017
Service contracts very dynamic resulting in last minute moves as required. Poor management causing loss of service contracts at multiple sites. Not enough being done to retain client relationships.
excellent culture
Regional Sales Manager, Eastern United States (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 18, 2017
Pitney Bowes is an excellent company for a young sales rep to develop and thrive.
Opportunities for advancement and difficult to come by as the incentives are based on nearly impossible sales targets.
Pros
professional culture
Balanced
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 18, 2017
I think the job just wasn't for me very easy but could be overwhelming at times if some people didn't work as a team otherwise the managers and employees got along very well.
Pros
Friendly people.
Cons
The 3rd shift was the only con for me.
Very good company if it can survive changes its going thru.
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 17, 2017
Pitney Bowes is a great company to work for,the people are great
the pay is very good and benefits are good as well. The only down side to Pitney Bowes is the years of downsizing, job security is non existent.If Pitney can make it thru its transformation it can be great again.I've been here for over 25 years and still love it.
Pros
Competitive pay, Benefits and friendly coworkers
Cons
No job security
Good company - no issues
worker (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 16, 2017
Pitney was a fun place to work even if it was only for 2 years. I didn't feel enough career advancement ops so I decided to look else where - maybe if I waited a bit longer i'd see career moves, but wanted to move on. No other issues with Pitney. Good food at Café..
Great company to work for
Area Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 15, 2017
I loved working from home and being on the road daily meeting with customers. It was very independent position with a lot of sales to be made. Commissions were good except when you sold outside your territory and were NOT compensated for the sale.
Pros
Cons
not paying commissions on sales outside your territory
excellent learning opportunities
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 14, 2017
There is a lot of loyalty at Pitney Bowes because there is always opportunity to learn new things and advance. I was able to work my way up from an entry-level position into a high-ranking, well paid position which carried a lot of responsibility.

I was let go in a corporate restructuring that had been occurring for over 4 years prior.
Not so fun of a place
mail services worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2017
a typical day at work( with stress) management hard to work for, workplace culture to stressful, the hardest part about the less pay and no pay raise.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no benefits
productive and pleasant work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the people at pitney bowes. My experience was wonderful although the pay was not as much at the time. I learned data entry and trouble shooting etc.
Pros
great hours, pleasant atmosphere
fast paste
Presorter (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 11, 2017
A typical day at work i will consider crazy. a lot of moving around, and lifting your arms. I learned how to run a machine and how to read the barcodes and the postage stamp. I also learned to see how much a letter weighed.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
work on holidays
Positive Operations
Customer Services Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2017
Work was sound and motivational, managing staff of 4.
Staff members very customer services oriented, show strong initiative and look to be the best at all that was ask.
Pros
Very positive operations
Cons
Customer Service High
good
Field Product Specialist (FPS) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Pitney Bowes going to my customer building great friendship s that lasted a lifetime. The best training I've received thats going to last my my work life and beyond.
Labor
Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 8, 2017
Even though the place is mainly hard labor job, I really like the environment. Everybody was super friendly and really help you out. Not only that, but they make it fair with one another. Which I really like. I think having great co-workers would always make your job more fun too, not just the job itself.
Loved my Immediate Boss, Internal Clients and Collegues But....
Global Curriculum Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2017
I so enjoyed my time at PB. The review doesn't reflect how much I I appreciated my internal clients, their work ethic and their decency. I'd give the management of the Service organization 5 stars and their culture 5 stars. The issue lies elsewhere in the organization and I will leave it at that!
Pros
Great and loyal colleagues and clients
Cons
Rather not say....
Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 6, 2017
Pitney Bowes was the last position I held before going back to nursing school. It was a sales job and very stressful. It was contract selling which is very hard.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Sales
Lay back place to work
Mail\Shipping & Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJNovember 5, 2017
Receive and make labels for the packages then deliver the packages to the customers and we have a lot of down time like stapes and ups and fed ex express
This was one of the best jobs of my life.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2017
I learned a lot and the actual work for contracting for GE Capital. The work was steady paced and there was so much room to grow within both of these compaines. I sometimes hate I made the decision to leave.
Fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 4, 2017
Workplace culture was to be competitive in your teams and would have games and individuals would use rewards and prizes if you achieved your goal and you get acknowledgement. Also had friendly staff to help you with your questions.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long commute to work
Productive and fun.
Client Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 3, 2017
Made good friends and was a relaxed environment. They had a good training program which made it great to learn and work for the department. Management was approachable.
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.