Pitney Bowes Employee Reviews

Found 1,380 reviews matching the search
Dead End Job
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2017
Not saying that overall Pitney Bowes is a horrible company to work for but I can say that the Indianapolis Presort facility gives this company a bad reputation. Advancement opportunities are not based on experience and education but if you're liked by management. New hires for positions of leadership start off making more than senior staff. That's their way of being competitive in the job market. Wouldn't discourage anyone from applying at any locations because Pitney Bowes is a well established company internationally.
Pros
Divisity
Cons
No advancement, poor leadership, low wages
Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2016
Pitney Bowes offers a safe and productive workplace for its employees. Employees are able to work together, and managers and supervisors are supportive and understanding. I really enjoyed my experience at Pitney Bowes. They offer great benefits such as 401k and medical insurance. I worked with them for 3 years. During the first year, I was considered a temporary employee, then I was hired in 2013. I left the job due to personal reasons that required me to move to Michigan State.
Pros
Benefits available and safe and comfortable workplace
3rd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PADecember 23, 2016
I work at my own pace because I know what is expected of me and I achieve that and more. People say the mailing market is dying and that is far from the truth more and more clients are expanding their mailroom and making their mailing more intelligent. Of course this company is focusing on software because clients want that intelligence they want to know what's happening in their mailroom and they want to be able to focus on what's important when it comes to their mail which is Security
complicated but friendly place to work
Estimating, Purchasing, Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLDecember 15, 2016
estimate jobs, deal with customers, make sure they got what they ordered on due time dealing with vendors on the phone
I learned the outsourcing business and the concept of the Facilities Management
The Management changed often
I work with correct friendly people
The hardest part was working under a lot of pressure
I liked doing what I was doing and the hours were "normal"
Pros
I could manage my time at my convenience
Cons
dealing with procrastinating employees
Interview Process so far okay i gave everything one star because I have not worked here before.
Presorter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2016
Be prepared to answer behavioral interview questions. For example, How would you react if you were asked to do something against company policy? What are the steps you take if we're to work with a team to complete a task? How do you work with difficult could workers? ETC it was ten of those type of questions.
I have not received a call back from them in interviewed with them on Tuesday December and it's Friday of the same week but maybe they will call idk.
Pros
Idk yet just interviewed
Cons
Idk yet just interviewed
Work enviroment is dicey. GM shows no loyality to employees.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2016
Not much advancement available for any position. No development for employees. VP/GM doesn't treat direct reports with respect or show any appreciation. Only works and rewards the production employees. The office employees are not recognized or rewarded for their work by the GM.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly and hard working.
Cons
Administrative staff is treated the same as the production employees, no respect shown from manager
Great company with opportunity for advancement if willing to relocate
Customer Operations Mgr (COM II)/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 1, 2016
Very challenging to keep the standards of our client but rewarding in the end when a new contract is obtained. Pitney Bowes Mgmt Services is a great company to work for and my job was challenging on many levels. One of the ultimate goals in this type of work is to surround yourself with the very best and capable team members and that starts from the ground up during interviews and training.
Pros
The daily rewards of team work and fulfilling our obligation to the client
Cons
Some travel required
productive place
Shipping and Mailing (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 21, 2016
it is a good day at work. i learned how the mail machine works and runs the mail into the machine. i also learned how to the mail goes through the machine to put in order and have to move the mails into the mail trays so it could be wrap up put into the pallet. the management there was good. i have some nice co-worker there. the hardest part of the job was that some of the mails are very heavy and sticky to runs through the machine. the most enjoyable part of the job was when its time for lunch break, pay day, and time to go home.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
short break
Pitney Bowes
Mail Clerk / Receptionist / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Pitney Bowes was a great company. Great benefits and they really cared about there employees. It was a friendly environment and I really enjoyed that you kept busy and learning new things everyday. There is really nothing hard about a job if you put your mind to it. I enjoy people and learning new things I am more than ready to get out in the work field and more motivated than ever.
Pay is great but they like to outsource jobs and hire new people.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WINovember 9, 2016
I worked here for almost 8 years and had seen them fire people who had been there many years to bring in younger people with no experience and then do it all over again in a few years. Recently, they fired 75 people, including someone who had over 20 years in, and then did a hiring job fair a couple of months later. NOT the kind of company I wanted to work for.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
ZERO job secuirty
productive and fun place to work at making the day fly by!
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 12, 2017
My supervisor had an open door policy. Work place was very positive and friendly. Always available to help if I had questions.

The hardest part of the job was the driving distance.

Most enjoyable part of the job was employee's made it fun to work there.
Pros
We had a fun club doing different fun things each month.
Cons
driving distance, no cafeteria.
Pitney Bowes Management chose the best contract to the Law firm office
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2016
Gallagher and Kennedy Law Firm was the best clients that i ever work because i got to learn how to file in the legal document. As i learned about the law firm i had great experience working with different attorneys and paralegals. There werent any hardest part of the job. Some of the employees took the time to trained me other positions. The paralegal position is my dream career. This is why i am studying as litigation paralegal
Pros
Gallagher and Kennedy Law office had always giving everyone free meals
Cons
Pitney Bowes Management didnt have any benefits
The people I worked with were very pleasant
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2017
It was a very busy work day and really enjoyed working with my co-workers. The management was very fair and understood their work. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day. However I've learned to get comfortable shoes and adjust. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and not staying in one place the entire day.
Worst company that I have worked for by far
Presorter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2016
I worked Pitney Bowes 3rd shift as a persorter. The trainers were gettho and very unprofessional. One of the trainers told us about her not being able to go to the bathroom for two weeks. The other one told talked about the other associates and what she knew of their personal life. The job itself was ok other than the fact that the company is under staffed and the employees are over worked. The night management are very arrogant and apart of the reason the company is under staffed.
Cons
Very unprofessional enviornment, staff and management. Over worked and under paid
Productive and Fun Work Enviornment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 5, 2016
A typical day involves calling Pitney Bowes clients to find out if they are stocked on their supplies or if they need more Postage Meter Ink, Tape sheets which are the sticky labels for larger packages and other supplies for their postage meter. I've learned to handle rejection well in sales and learn how to overcome objections. Most of our management at Pitney Bowes are very driven and motivational and assist us with whatever questions or concerns we have.The hardest part of the job is the high pressure sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is with focus and determination you can push yourself to be the best in sales and that is a great feeling.
Pros
Free coffee, great health care benefits, vacation time
Cons
high pressure sales
Great experience
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 8, 2016
normal day at work was full of confidential documents and scanning and reorganizing. It was a great experience because I learned how to manage different things at once. the hardest part of my job were the hours that I worked, it was late at night and because we were not allowed to have music it was sometimes hard to stay awake.
Very good benefits, pleasant working environment
Technology / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 16, 2016
overall a good place to work for and there are some advancement opportunities if you know the right people and they like you. it is corporate environment so lots of red tape and that needs to be cut down if the company wants to succeed in customer service
Pros
Good team when I worked there
Cons
upper management needs to listen to be more open to suggestions from the semployees
Excellent place to work
Account Manager / Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 26, 2016
Company culture was phenominal. Compensation and rewards for excellent work fantastic. Benefits were superb.

Management was fair and approachable. They we always available to communicate with employees and had concern for personal growth and advancement for all employees.
Difficult place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 10, 2016
Direction and management were not productive. Manager was not organized and prepared in most cases. Everything always was a reactive process, instead of a proactive process. communication was non existent. Was difficult to perform my job to the fullest, when management was always going in circles.
look elsewhere
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 6, 2016
I was hired with over 20 yrs in the service industry, The required training to service pitney bowes products was never supplied. Management lied repeatedly, no job security, Every tech i met was afraid for his job, not only managers but dispatchers(navigators) can create a negative effect on your productivity. Most people that work here are looking elsewhere.
Pros
on line training.
Cons
no job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitney Bowes. Our community is ready to answer.