Pitt Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Worked with an excellent team within my department
Admin. Assistant, Director, Business & Industry (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 15, 2016
My department was demanding and very high energy.
Our team worked together harmoniously to achieve department goals.
My position required a lot of collaboration with companies in my community which provided with great exposure that has resulted in growth.
Pros
No micro managing, individual strengths were cultivated
Good Workplace
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCApril 18, 2016
Great Company and Family Oriented. I enjoy the aspect of being able to teach a young person and mold their future. There is longevity here but sometimes you can get stuck in a position with no room for advancement.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Not much room for growth
Pitt Community College
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2016
At typical day at work is very fun. The environment is very flexible and stress-free.
I have learned how to be a better tutor and management is great. The hardest part of the job is working at night; however, I thoroughly enjoy the co-workers and the flexibility.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Night Hours
Good Place to work while in school flexible schedule for student.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Very good open and flexible for a student schedule. Good place to grow interpersonal communication and get experience working on repair and small fabrication projects.
Exceptional work environment
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 17, 2015
As the Assistant Baseball Coach at Pitt CC I gained experience in recruitment, program/player development, management, counseling and mentoring, and fundraising. I am fortunate to have a well educated and respectful boss who has helped me learn and grow in a multitude of areas that will help many in a variety of career fields.
Cons
No full time role available due to state limitations for assistant coaches.
wonderfull educational facility
Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Wonderful teachers who care about students. Advisors are not so helpful. The most enjoyable part of this school is learning
Pros
benefits for students, movies, jobs.
Cons
No cons
Rewarding place to work with students but outdate facility, cirriculum, and approach to educaiton
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 28, 2015
Typical community college adjunct facility requirements. Student population is mostly non-traditional but I found it very rewarding working with these students. A lot of great staff due to the fact a Medical School and great four year university (ECU) is right in town.

Biggest draw back was the Chair of my department and the extremely outdated equipment and supplies. They were still using projectors!!!!
Great place to build experience.
Intern to Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 12, 2015
Great caring people! I worked directly under the Athletic Director and he gave my own responsibilities and free rain over my own projects which I believe helped me grow in experience faster than mere shadowing.
great
Assisted the Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 28, 2015
Awesome, I looked forward to going to work every single day! I learned so very much! If there was something new I had to learn, I was taught with patience and caring about my development.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Great!
Respiratory Care Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 13, 2015
Teachers really care, provide you with opportunities not given at other community colleges! I appreciate the variety of clinical facilities we attending. It was diverse and a learning experience.
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NcMarch 30, 2015
PittCC offers a wide variety of majors. I choose this school over the major university here because it offered a quality education at an affordable price.
Pros
Small class size
Cons
Professional and friendly environment.
Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCApril 14, 2013
I assisted new and future students in the enrollment process. I learned the importance of being courteous and keeping a smile on my face. My superiors and co-workers were extremely helpful in my professional development and shared valuable tips and advice to aid my performance. It was difficult for me answer all concerns of the students' but the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to direct students and visitors in the right direction to get the answers to their questions and concerns.
Pros
educational excitement and meeting new people.
Cons
rude visitors at times.
productive workplace
Computer Lab Technician, Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 23, 2014
I was s student intern in which I unlocked employees back in computer system, answered telephone and coded in medication needing codes. Co-workers were friendly.
Pros
received experience
productive assignments, great great place
Technical/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  winterville, ncJanuary 20, 2012
this was the best place to work because i got to do alot of things that we related to my degree, loved working there, wish it wasnt just a work study job, wish it was my job now.
Pros
stayed busy and had alot of fun
Cons
no cons
Fun place with great employees.
Welding Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 11, 2012
Always working on something new and learning new things. An amazing place to work if you want to get a full understanding of your career choice.
Pros
work in my field of choice.
Cons
climate and organization was lacking.
I would rather not review right now
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 10, 2014
I do not want to write a review right now as I am in the process of uploading my resume while searching for employment.
Awesome place to work!
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 2, 2013
I have grown exponentially in the 5 years I have been employed at Pitt Community College. I am quite appreciative of the involvement I have had in the field of education.
Academic Advancement
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2014
Helping Students of various ages and academic backgrounds with any educational difficulties in psychology, biology or general subjects.
PittCC
Human Resource Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 17, 2013
When working at PittCC I felt a sense of family and warmth. The most enjoyable part of the job was the day to day faces that would enter the office.
Always Busy
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 6, 2012
Pitt Community College is a great place to work if you are looking for something fast pace and always staying busy.
Pros
meeting new people

4.5