Pitt Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Student Work Study
Office Clerk/Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJune 30, 2016
Working as a student intern for the Information System's department at a junior college while obtaining an Associate's degree.

Working at Pitt Community College student work study program is an excellent way to pay for school while earning work related experiences.

The staff is trained to allow you to learn while you earn through this program with great patience for the lack of knowledge an entry level student may have.

Learned how to multitask, become organized and help people to troubleshoot their particular IT needs. Whether it is for Faculty, Staff or Students, this position afforded a leadership role that allow a self-starter to shine.
Pros
Ability to work in an environment that allows you to work at your own pace, with minimum or no supervision.
Cons
You will have many hours toogling through systems alone, as this particular team is mobile.
The best experience possible
Work Study- Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 11, 2016
As a current college student, I tackle many stresses and obstacles on a daily basis. With classes, bills, personal health, and a social life, it can become difficult to include work into the mix. But, I have enjoyed and still enjoy the job I have at the moment. The environment isn't pressing, the job is simple, and even though I would love better pay, the pay is great for the few responsibilities I have.
Good Workplace
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCApril 18, 2016
Great Company and Family Oriented. I enjoy the aspect of being able to teach a young person and mold their future. There is longevity here but sometimes you can get stuck in a position with no room for advancement.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Not much room for growth
Good Place to work while in school flexible schedule for student.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Very good open and flexible for a student schedule. Good place to grow interpersonal communication and get experience working on repair and small fabrication projects.
Pitt Community College
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2016
At typical day at work is very fun. The environment is very flexible and stress-free.
I have learned how to be a better tutor and management is great. The hardest part of the job is working at night; however, I thoroughly enjoy the co-workers and the flexibility.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Night Hours
Worked with an excellent team within my department
Admin. Assistant, Director, Business & Industry (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 15, 2016
My department was demanding and very high energy.
Our team worked together harmoniously to achieve department goals.
My position required a lot of collaboration with companies in my community which provided with great exposure that has resulted in growth.
Pros
No micro managing, individual strengths were cultivated
wonderfull educational facility
Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Wonderful teachers who care about students. Advisors are not so helpful. The most enjoyable part of this school is learning
Pros
benefits for students, movies, jobs.
Cons
No cons
Exceptional work environment
Assistant Baseball Coach (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 17, 2015
As the Assistant Baseball Coach at Pitt CC I gained experience in recruitment, program/player development, management, counseling and mentoring, and fundraising. I am fortunate to have a well educated and respectful boss who has helped me learn and grow in a multitude of areas that will help many in a variety of career fields.
Cons
No full time role available due to state limitations for assistant coaches.
great
Assisted the Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 28, 2015
Awesome, I looked forward to going to work every single day! I learned so very much! If there was something new I had to learn, I was taught with patience and caring about my development.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Great!
Respiratory Care Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 13, 2015
Teachers really care, provide you with opportunities not given at other community colleges! I appreciate the variety of clinical facilities we attending. It was diverse and a learning experience.
Great place to build experience.
Intern to Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCMay 12, 2015
Great caring people! I worked directly under the Athletic Director and he gave my own responsibilities and free rain over my own projects which I believe helped me grow in experience faster than mere shadowing.
Rewarding place to work with students but outdate facility, cirriculum, and approach to educaiton
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 28, 2015
Typical community college adjunct facility requirements. Student population is mostly non-traditional but I found it very rewarding working with these students. A lot of great staff due to the fact a Medical School and great four year university (ECU) is right in town.

Biggest draw back was the Chair of my department and the extremely outdated equipment and supplies. They were still using projectors!!!!
Great place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NcMarch 30, 2015
PittCC offers a wide variety of majors. I choose this school over the major university here because it offered a quality education at an affordable price.
Pros
Small class size
Cons
I would rather not review right now
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 10, 2014
I do not want to write a review right now as I am in the process of uploading my resume while searching for employment.
Academic Advancement
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 17, 2014
Helping Students of various ages and academic backgrounds with any educational difficulties in psychology, biology or general subjects.
productive workplace
Computer Lab Technician, Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCJuly 23, 2014
I was s student intern in which I unlocked employees back in computer system, answered telephone and coded in medication needing codes. Co-workers were friendly.
Pros
received experience
Very productive workplace
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Office of Disability ServicesMay 20, 2014
Good place to work, i have learned a lot from my co-workers-no room for advancement
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
n/a
Respiratory Student recieving real life experience
Respiratory Care Student (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 14, 2014
Experience here gave me experience to what a Respiratory Therapist does.
Pcc
Part-time Intro to Computers Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 2, 2013
Cool place to work. Schedule was ok and other professors were nice. WIsh I could have stayed longer.
Awesome place to work!
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 2, 2013
I have grown exponentially in the 5 years I have been employed at Pitt Community College. I am quite appreciative of the involvement I have had in the field of education.

4.5