Pitt Ohio Employee Reviews

Lots of favoritism
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenixville, PANovember 17, 2017
Unless you like to be up under management all the time this place is a slave ship. Not a good place to work. At the end of the day your body will be run down and don't get hurt, you will be told they don't have light duty so you just have to stay home with NO PAY. Manager are dumb. Very racist to any race other then WHITES.
Pros
Company pays 100% of health insurance
Cons
Bad management
Hard work, long hours, favoritism.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 8, 2017
Good pay with long shifts. Dock is pretty out of date. Benefits are great. Favoritism is very obvious in work place. Work place often is very busy and crowded.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Favoritism and working area.
Worked there for about a month.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 1, 2017
I worked in glen burnie and the managers are racist.
And the compay sucks.My life is much better if you black or non white good luck. You working for the dave the slave master.
Pros
Cons
Cut Throats
Driver (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 19, 2017
Good people, good pay, company paid medical, no weekends. ALL the employees are very helpful and safety is always the main concern. Heavy lifting pushing or pulling at times but overall great company to work for.
Pros
pay, insurance, weekends off
Cons
very heavy lifting pushing or pulling at times
If i could have different hours I'd go back in a heart beat.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 13, 2017
I loved the employees there. The first day I was there everyone treated me as if I've been there for months already. They were very helpful if I had a question or needed help with moving objects.
Pros
Workers, Environment, Management
Cons
Hours
I need to work more hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Pitt Ohio Express is a great company to work for and with.I am just not currently getting the opportunity to work the hours that I need to get the bills paid
Start or end your career
business professional (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2017
Great place to start or end your working life. Promotions are handed to fools and hard working honest people are shipped on. Great health benefits, thats the only benefit. Very successful family owned and operated business, you are not family.
Pros
drivers can make bank after 5 years working 12 hour days
Cons
working at corporate
Laid back but fast paced workplace
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAAugust 26, 2017
The job itself is very east once you get the hang of it. In my terminal the shift management was very poor. But the people you work with are very helpful and friendly.
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor management
Horrible management. Full of crazy people
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2017
Management doesn't do there job. Office workers are middle aged women who get in knock down drag outs and management does nothing about it. Benefits are great. Dock and driver's have it good. Just avoid the office at all costs.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Evil co-workers, no culture, racist environment
Great Job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Their pay is excellent along with the 401, medical and dental benefits. I would have liked to of been able to retire from this company.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2017
I loved working at Pitt Ohio. I would have not left if it was not for my husband being relocated. I had wonderful coworkers and managers. I liked the fast pace of the work.
Pros
Free healthcare for employees
Cons
No overtime for office employees
Great place to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
Been a while was a great place to work for management cared about you they had steady raises and great benefits it's an excellent place to work for I would recommend it for anyone
not my place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 8, 2017
linehaul drivers plan on waiting for your run without pay,stuped saftey meetings that don't mount to beans. plan on getting wrote up for nothing! most managers whould take up for there drivers not har. and they belive noting you suggest and or say.
Great job!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2017
The work was just like any other LtL carrier..The boss told you from day one what to expect.if you did your job as expected you heard nothing from them ( not pressured).pay is good..the terminal manager and dispatcher is pretty cool and the owner really cares about employees even though the company has grown.I would say,99 percent of the people that work there is very happy with their job.no turn over at all.(that says something).ONLY left because I moved.oh..and cookout once a month all summer..
Pros
Benefits are paid by company, good pay, great employees to work with
Ok
Fulltime Dock Worker/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2017
Long hours hard work start times depend on business. Part time dock work is grueling. Manual rolling of drums. No power equipment for part time employess
It will pay for now
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAApril 10, 2017
Some days are over worked & others are not so bad, Winter is the worst time of the year to work on the dock. Pulling pallet jacks with freight from 100-2500lbs will kill your legs. The money was not worth killing your body.
Pros
flexible work schedule & pay is good
Cons
No room for advancement, poor management, shortens work hours from 35 to 30 on part - timers to avoid benefits
Co-workers are easy to get along with
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 10, 2017
A typical day is very busy. Always something that needs to get done. I haven't been there very long but the management seems easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is constantly being on your feet for 12 hours.
Pros
Good pay and raise structure
Great transition job
Part Time Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  West Middlesex, PAApril 5, 2017
This job pays very well and will help you learn the value of hard work. Getting full time is almost impossible and lateral movement is the best case scenario.
A good place to work
City Tractor Trailer (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 23, 2017
One of the first things I noticed working for Pitt Ohio was the work ethic. You won't by picking up the slack for others. The benefits are among the best in the industry, they contribute to retirement via profit sharing annually. Yes you will work long hours but you will be home every day, and working long hours is the norm for the trucking industry. It's a good place to work and has a family like atmosphere. This company is managed well and even when the economy was doing bad they stayed busy. Whatever they are doing they are doing it right.
Pros
Excellent company paid benefits & earned vacation time
Cons
long hours - but that goes with any trucking company
Great place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work and the benefits are second to none. Have no complaints, been there cense 1996 and plane on retiring from this company, would recommend this company to anyone that want a place to call home.