Pitt Ohio Employee Reviews

Sorry I wasted 25+ years of my life there. No security for your job.
Driver (Former Employee), NorristownApril 25, 2015
Pros: ????????????????
Cons: I must have P-off someone because they found a way to get rid of me
It doesn't matter if you have a great work ethic, loyalty , never miss time, have great customer relations, I even trained new employees how to get their CDL and all needed endorsements for years for no additional pay just to get good quality guys working there. Then the company got sooooo big everything changed.Now you are just a number and a body, your past performance means nothing. I could go on but I think you got the point
Not as good as some think
Dockworker (Current Employee), Portage MIApril 22, 2015
Pros: Pay is ok
Cons: Too long of a list to put here
If you like working for management that could care less about your ideas or concerns then this place is for you. They will tell you one thing but do another. Never do they listen to your concerns or ideas. Advancement is very limited and if your full-time you wont see OT pay for THREE years. If your part-time the supervisors have their favorites and could care less about anyone else. Seniority means NOTHING here as they go by who they like. Only work here if your temporarily desperate. Forklift operators think everyone else is scum on their shoes.
They own you
City straight truck driver (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: treated as a number
Co is all about the freight. Push drivers to limits. Dockworkers treated no better. Much favoritism in management. In Hazleton you work for a terminal manager and a dispatcher who have never driven a truck but will tell you how to do it.
This is not a Pitt job its for Dohrn Transfer
Ex Dohrn employee (Former Employee), IndianapolisFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: manage lies, insurance sucks, equipment is horrible
Insurance is not free , pay is not well above average , and the equipment is used and abused . If you fill out this for this job just ask who its for first and they will tell you its nothing like Pitt . If they say it is its a complete lie. Pitt owns 72 % of Dohrn thats it . Bottom line is that Pitt pays over 23.00 hr and insurance is free. Thats why Dohrn is always hiring , cause when they hire 3 drivers 1 stays for 6 months and the other two dont come back after training. And if you get sick even with a docs note they will fire you !!!!
Great place to work!
city driver (Current Employee), columbus, ohFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: ins, pay
Cons: long hours
Very long hours but the pay is well above average. They DO pay OT but only after you've been there for 3 years. You make that up with the 100% paid ins. Best job I've ever had and hope to stay here until I retire.
Fun work place. Good people on the dock
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I loved my job. Had zero complaints about the job its self. I would do it for the rest of my life. Unfortunately it didnt work that way.
Great management, Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
Dockworker (Current Employee), Portage, MIDecember 29, 2014
Great place to work. Flexible hours with great wages. Great job culture with supportive and strong management.
ok job for the average driver
Driver (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJAugust 28, 2014
Pros: equipment
Cons: top drivers want ot
Pitt Ohio has decent equipment and above average benefits. Management is average at best. Where they get you is you could work 50-60hrs in a week and its all straight time. They use the 2004 hourly pay clause brought to us by Bush Jr. and the anti-working class party. Add up the pay you lose, an average of 150.00 per week, and its enough to knock you right outta the middle class.
good for some, not for all.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIJune 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: long hours, not total job security
I really enjoyed working for pitt ohio. Some things are weird because I came from a union company before. They will fire you and suspend you for stupid stuff but they are decent and fair. Benefits are good for a non teamster carrier. Just not a lot of job security overall if you happen to have an accident.
Pay and benefits
Driver (Current Employee), HermitageMarch 6, 2014
Cons: everything
Pitt Ohio and ECM are not the same. If you drive for ECM you can't drive for Pitt Ohio in the future. ECM starts you out at $16.00 hr and that's where you stay. Family medical is gonna cost you $129.50 a week. They steal 1 hr of pay wants you hit your 12 th hr. Wouldn't waste your time doing an application for ECM , fill one out for Pitt Ohio they pay $22.75 hr. Also your strarts time vary from 1am to 9 am. Wasted almost 5 years here. Trust me I am looking!!!!!Dispatchers don't know what the others are doing and they sit next to one another. It's all straight time there is no time and half pay.
This Best company
Truck Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 19, 2013
For trucks driver this one of the best company that I have been work for.. No complain at all ..
Only work here if you are in between jobs
mechanic (Former Employee), Chicago ilDecember 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no advancement opportunities, poor morale and management
They overwork you until you cannot handle it then they will scale back, but only after the let you know that you have fail
They philosophy is that is better to bring fresh meat every 2 to 3 years.
So needles to say not a long term career (they burn you out)
Not for the weak
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: i need counseling now.
The money is great as are the benefits, if you don't mind being treated like someone just scraped you off their shoe, and can find a clique to join then this is the job for you!

Management will not know anything you don't so look to yourself for guidance, they still haven't figured out treating people like third class citizens leads to a high turnover, if you are married I would stay away from this place.
never work with old friends from other place.
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2013
Management was very good at his position we want to talk to all of the people in the dock and do no work but tell the other guy what he need to do
Strong company with a loving family environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2012
Pros: health care benefits, relaxed environment, and family atmosphere.
Cons: experiencing growing pains.
Excellent place to work
Relaxed environment
Free parking
Close to bus lines
Beautiful work environment
Strong technology
Customer and employee centric organization
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2012
My typical day at work consists of calling on current accounts, prospecting new clients, and following up with market development leads.