Pitt Ohio Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and extremely growth driven
Truckload Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2016
Handwork pays off at Pitt Ohio. I have worked at Pitt Ohio since graduating college. I help manage our full truckload division by working with both current and new customers. I also work on a daily basis with our operations team to ensure effective service for our customers. I also provide solutions for our customers to improve their supply chains.
Pros
Healthcare and Job Security
Cons
Career advancement
Interesting
PT Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJune 8, 2016
Interesting place to work if you like to talk a lot and to meet a lot of different people. can get harsh in the winter this job opened my eyes to the world of sale
Pros
long breaks
Harrisburg, PA
Miscellaneous (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 9, 2016
The right hand dont' know the left hand is doing. Driver wise or Office wise. Many meetings topics are discussed and not followed thru. Ladies in office talk about private info of drivers. Night time is worse. Was at window checking in and lady was telling the check in gal about a driver that got written up. How another one quit. Too much Peyton Place. 2nd Shift needs supervisor big time. One that isn't afraid to confront an employee. Someone could make a dime off this place with Hippaa violations and inappropriate talk. Driving wasn't for me. I will pray for them.
benefits
Cons
Seniority guys wanted OT.
adminstration and operations customer service (Current Employee) –  Grove City OhioApril 3, 2016
They do try to do things to show their appreciation to the employees,
cook outs, doing things for charity and flexablity
Cons
I only work part time so I do not get benefits
One of the Best Companies out there
Linehaul driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 10, 2016
If your lucky enough to work here you'll love it, what a great place to work for, benefits are great and so is the pay, health insurance is paid for by the company no monthly deductions and overtime after 40 only after you put in your first 3 years. During the summer they do cookouts for employees. They treat you like family.
Pros
Benefits, pay and family atmosphere
Cons
To many meetings
management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2016
The management was ok they worked with you most of the time we all got along I think the hardest thing was to adapt to the long hours on your feet
Pros
free benefits
Cons
no breaks
Safe and rewarding work place
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMarch 6, 2016
Work place with the right tools and equipment to be able to complete the job at hand in a timely and fun manner.With the ability to move up.
Well organized and high paying
Fork lift driver and yard jockey (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJanuary 4, 2016
At typical day at work was rather easy, but sometimes streneous due to hours. I have learned how to fluently work a fork lift as well as drive a box truck. I advanced very quickly and was able to learn more things throughout the company. Hardest part of the job would be the hours and harsh weather, but comes with the job culture. I would say that I have became a very good forklift driver and want to put my skills to use.
former line haul out of Baltimore
line haul nightime (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Pitt, although it was yrs. ago...it is not a job for someone on a schedule. If you are single like I was, you will run hard and make decent money. Start times vary, end times vary. Management was ok, they will fire you easily and I know they were hard on P&D drivers. If your a young single super trucker go for it.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
varied schedule, little home life, play favorites. but thats everywhere
It's just a job.
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, PASeptember 25, 2015
Basically, at Pitt Ohio you are treated as a number. If you have a good work ethic, it will only hurt you because more will be demanded from you, whereas the lazy worker is not. Favoritism is a frequent occurrence. Supervisors and managers do not care about you or your home life. Mostly all management is worried about is the numbers, not a whole lot else. They only care about a situation when it involves them. Mostly all coworkers agree with this. The only good thing about the place is that we are paid and compensated very well. Dock and driver pay is great, the 100% paid health insurance is unheard of for a non-state or government job, and the 401k and profit sharing plan makes it easy for one to save money for retirement. Vacation time is also decent. If you can put up with management and just think about the pay and benefits, then you'll be fine.
Pros
Pay, benefits, 401k and vacation time.
Cons
Management and the fact you're treated as a number.
lazy workplace
dockworker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MISeptember 17, 2015
Forklift operators. Are punks can wait to see them on street. Manager isn't the boss forklift operators are.pay is good weather is hot in summer and cool in winter. Unload and load trucks.
Pros
pay
Cons
forklifts operators. manager supervise nothing.employee suck
fast pace good employees
dock worker/ city driver (Current Employee) –  indianapolis,indianaSeptember 13, 2015
Good co workers and a fast pace place to work. management is good and understanding. the hardest part about the job is meeting the times and appointment with the pick up.
Pros
good benifits and great pay
Cons
favoritism from time to time
working at pitt ohio
Dock/Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 29, 2015
good job just make you get into no accidents but overall good job people are nice boos was cool not complaints would work there again if given the chance
Uncaring working environment/no family time
Dock (Former Employee) –  Cleveland,OhioJune 1, 2015
This is no company for a family man.The hours are insane nothing less then 10 hours a day some 12 hours days with a 1:00 am start to anywhere 10am to noon finish time for a married man with young children your lucky to spend a hour a day with them.I'm not afraid of hard work and long hours but your insane start and finish hours are impossible for a family man whos family is everything to them.And forget the caring about there employees well being management does not give darn when an employee is down on there luck and in need of help. Never go to your supervisor and ask for help with counseling (WHICH PITT OFFERs). They terminate you instead. I also have a good friend that drives truck and has for 19 yesrs complaining about the 8:am start NEVER home before 8 to 9 pm nightly. No family life for him.It's a shame that companies that pay a decent wage are at the expense of your family NOT WORTH IT
Cons
Do not care about employees
Sorry I wasted 25+ years of my life there. No security for your job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  NorristownApril 25, 2015
It doesn't matter if you have a great work ethic, loyalty , never miss time, have great customer relations, I even trained new employees how to get their CDL and all needed endorsements for years for no additional pay just to get good quality guys working there. Then the company got sooooo big everything changed.Now you are just a number and a body, your past performance means nothing. I could go on but I think you got the point
Pros
????????????????
Cons
I must have P-off someone because they found a way to get rid of me
Not as good as some think
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Portage MIApril 22, 2015
If you like working for management that could care less about your ideas or concerns then this place is for you. They will tell you one thing but do another. Never do they listen to your concerns or ideas. Advancement is very limited and if your full-time you wont see OT pay for THREE years. If your part-time the supervisors have their favorites and could care less about anyone else. Seniority means NOTHING here as they go by who they like. Only work here if your temporarily desperate. Forklift operators think everyone else is scum on their shoes.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Too long of a list to put here
They own you
City straight truck driver (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Co is all about the freight. Push drivers to limits. Dockworkers treated no better. Much favoritism in management. In Hazleton you work for a terminal manager and a dispatcher who have never driven a truck but will tell you how to do it.
Pros
good pay
Cons
treated as a number
This is not a Pitt job its for Dohrn Transfer
Ex Dohrn employee (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisFebruary 14, 2015
Insurance is not free , pay is not well above average , and the equipment is used and abused . If you fill out this for this job just ask who its for first and they will tell you its nothing like Pitt . If they say it is its a complete lie. Pitt owns 72 % of Dohrn thats it . Bottom line is that Pitt pays over 23.00 hr and insurance is free. Thats why Dohrn is always hiring , cause when they hire 3 drivers 1 stays for 6 months and the other two dont come back after training. And if you get sick even with a docs note they will fire you !!!!
Pros
its a job
Cons
manage lies, insurance sucks, equipment is horrible
Great place to work!
city driver (Current Employee) –  columbus, ohFebruary 9, 2015
Very long hours but the pay is well above average. They DO pay OT but only after you've been there for 3 years. You make that up with the 100% paid ins. Best job I've ever had and hope to stay here until I retire.
Pros
ins, pay
Cons
Fun work place. Good people on the dock
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I loved my job. Had zero complaints about the job its self. I would do it for the rest of my life. Unfortunately it didnt work that way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pitt Ohio. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9