Pittsburg State University Employee Reviews in United States

Student Employment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 7, 2016
Worked well around student schedules, supervisors were professional yet approachable, convenient to work with other students who could relate to your workload between job and school work.
Very good place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMarch 23, 2016
Pittsburg State University is an excellent place to work at as a student. They are flexible with working around your class schedule. Everybody is nice and polite and very considerate.
Smaller Academic Institution
Professor of Physics and Interim Chair of Physics (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 1, 2015
Faculty are very good, students are good, too. I have been very lucky to work here for a long time. Budgets are very tight for a state institution in Kansas.
Pros
Fairly good benefits
Cons
excellent workplace with team work and enjoyed in learning new technologies
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  kansasJune 22, 2015
1)working with robotic total station with typical job environment.
2) I learned how to control material wastage reduction, quality in work, teamwork, time management, dealing with clients and consultants.
3) managing the resources with time by allocating equally.
4) friendly and i learn so many things which helps to develop my career.
5) learning the bidding procedures.
6) every thing in the job is enjoyable, like teaching taking quantity takeoff,etc..
Warm work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 20, 2016
Campus work that is very enjoyable and provides the warmth of a small town campus.
Supervisor was very understanding and helpful.
workplace with a lot of patience and tolerance
contracted as assistant (Former Employee) –  pittsburg,kansasJuly 20, 2015
a very clean place with a lot of work, my English improved a lot since he did not speak, my coworkers were very tolerant, friendly and very patiently teaching me the admisnitración was on time in my payment
Pros
free lunches
Recreation Center
Facility Manager of Student Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 23, 2015
Did this as a student, worked well with my class schedule, great job to do. when there are no students in the facility its very easy to get bored so the only thing to do is clean
Pros
easy to work, great coworkers
Cons
part time
Intense days--but that is okay!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg KSSeptember 1, 2015
Working in higher education is very busy. With 19 faculty, managing two student office assistants and students in and out of the office, it is very important to be flexible and and focused at the same time. What I like about it is that my day flies by! It is sometimes a little overwhelming. I love all of the people I work with.
Good
Manager to the Women's Basketball Team (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Pittsburg State University. It was a wonderful experience that will be one of my fondest memories forever. The friendships and educational experince was the best ever.
Fun workplace with a great environment to work in.
Athletic Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 13, 2015
I was a ball boy during the football games and helped set up for other athletic events. It was fun being around the athletics constantly since I am on the PSU baseball team. I do not see it as a career and more of just a during school job to help pay for tuition.
Cons
Minimum Wage
Great place to work and learn.
ACCOUNTING TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSFebruary 3, 2014
While working as the accounting tutor each day was different in volume of students and difficulty of problems to be solved.
Due to the nature of the work of tutoring I was able to fine tune my understanding of several accounting principles through daily usage.
My direct manager was very willing to work with my class schedule so that my studies could come first.
The faculty and professors with whom I worked would keep me informed of course curriculum changes so that I could better prepare for students.
The hardest part of the job was when the lab was at max capacity. It was rather difficult to feel like each student was getting the attention they needed when I was assisting 20 or more students.
By far the most enjoyable part of the experience was that I was helping students understand and apply key principles of my future career.
Pittsburg State University
CAMPUS VISITOR COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at work as a Campus Visitor Coordinator at Pittsburg State University includes the following: answering phones, data entry, database searches, meeting and educating prospective students and parents about Pittsburg State University, stocking t-shirts and making admission folders.

I've learned the process of getting into PSU along with scholarship opportunities, as well as how to conduct impromptu conversation with prospective parents and students.

My management is great! They run a tight ship, yet still come across as people who like to have fun.

My co-workers are great! We come together everyday as a team and tackle the work that needs to be done.

The hardest part of my job is changing a visitors negative perception on our University.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I get to sit down in visit with parents and students from all walks of life.
Great place to work.
Student Assistant to Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 1, 2015
Excellent place to work. Everybody working there was very friendly and personable. Its not hard to fit in and get along with everyone working there.
One month internship with awesome students
CONVERSATIONAL PARTNER - INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg State University, KSDecember 19, 2014
I was one of four conversational partners to twelve students visiting from Korea for an American industry experience. We took turns driving them to companies for research, took them out for social activities, and on trips to KC and Springfield.
The manager and co-workers were great.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye.
The most enjoyable part of the job was figuring out how to communicate with the students. They were super nice people; and I will hold them in my heart forever.
Pros
awesome students from korea!
Cons
they had to go back to korea.
Fun place to work, provides work study, develops skills
Overman Student Center Porter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 19, 2013
This is a good place to work as it is fun, and you are surrounded by good co-workers. Management is minimal and allows you to create your own schedules and also around classes. One plus was that if duties are done and downtime can be used for homework. Sometimes it can be busy and be pressured on time but it helps develop these skills as well as communication and information of the college itself.
Pros
work on homework, fun, easy-going, inside mostly, individual work sometimes
Cons
can be demanding, pressured on time, scheduled events
Finance Club
Finance Club Chapter Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSDecember 31, 2014
Student association that brought speakers in the industry to club events each month. My involvement included monthly bank reconciliations to the university checking accounts, collecting dues, and presenting reports to club members.
The hardest part of the job was the time requirements associated with the position and managing family, school, and club responsibilities.
Pros
there was some travel involved & was able to partcipate in cfa research challenge
Cons
did not count as credits towards my education.
Small University with a D1 Feel
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 14, 2015
Working at Pittsburg State University was an ideal situation. Coworkers were very helpful and the package offered for graduate assistants is perfect.
Intoduction to Culture
International Student Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 16, 2013
The international student coordinator was one of the most interesting and rewarding positions I have ever had the opportunity of filling. I was able to meet hundreds of international students from all over the world and introduce them to American culture. The amount of cultural sensitivity I have today is dedicated to the daily tasks with the ISA position. Its knowledge that is to some degree priceless.
Pros
great opportunity to learn
Cons
language barriers
Productive upbeat work environment
Media Relations Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMarch 30, 2015
I enjoy coming to work everyday, because I work in athletics and I have been involved in sports all of my life. My job can be crazy at times with sports going on constantly, but it is fun to be a part of it.
Pretty Cool
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSDecember 19, 2014
Nice home environment with good people. Great work-life balance

4.4