Pittsburg State University Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJune 5, 2017
I learned a lot from working at Pittsburg State University about the pros and cons of coaching and the importance of hard work and recruiting and field maintenance.
LOVE Pitt State
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJune 5, 2017
They're an awesome college, and I'm happy to have been an on campus student employee all four years I attended. Working at PSU helped give me the experience I needed to find a job out of college.
Good place to get an education, but don't linger
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 17, 2017
I learned a lot during my education here, but make plans to move on once you obtain your degree. The resources and facilities are limited, and more can be learned elsewhere. It is a good stepping stone to something greater.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Limited work hours and facilities
Student-friendly school, but not overly employee-friendly
Assistant Coordinator of Academic Advising (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 11, 2017
In the current climate of our country and Kansas in particular, Pitt State needs to cut costs anywhere that it can because funding isn't always guaranteed.

I was hired under a one-year contract but was promised immediately after being hired, that my contract would be extended. Three-quarters of the way through this year, however, this promise was revoked for financial reasons.

The school does seem to have an emphasis on being student-focused, but in this instance, it was evident that there was not as much of a commitment to their employees.
Pros
Insurance benefits, flexible time
Cons
lack of loyalty to employees
University
Student (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 4, 2017
Less expensive that most universities some good some bad instructors, depends on the class course and load. overall very good university for future learning.
Great student staff
Graduate Assistant-Fitness (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 4, 2017
The students are willing to learn and grow which makes your job a lot easier. There seems to be a higher than usual turnover rate, which is attributed to the development process of students still in college and entering the workforce.
Productive, positive environment and wonderful mentors
Student Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMarch 6, 2017
PSU is an amazing university that does not focus solely on the education of students but more about the students, whether that is on a personal level or want to see you succeed. Amazing professors who still know you by your name, even if you had them your first year of college. It is a small town with a postive environment and a great place to call home for four years!
Fun place to work
Student Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 19, 2017
Fun place to work. Very structured, though sometimes communication was less than required when it came to paperwork required and deadlines.
Productive and fun work place
Strength and Conditioning Intern Pittsburg State (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 7, 2017
Great environment. Great co-workers. Dependable people. Great bosses. Great community. Great facilities. Great leadership. Great place to raise children. Great festivities.
Fun place to work
Student Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSSeptember 19, 2016
Very responsive and friendly environment. Interacting with people gives lots of fun and interesting. Hardest part is to gather all the images from various people and they are not even responsive.
Warm workplace
Internal Audit Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJune 30, 2016
Everyone treats you as their equal and are willing to work with you. As a student worker, they offered me a reduced tuition fee, free healthcare and a nice desk. A lot more than I expected!
Student Employment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 7, 2016
Worked well around student schedules, supervisors were professional yet approachable, convenient to work with other students who could relate to your workload between job and school work.
Very good place to work
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMarch 23, 2016
Pittsburg State University is an excellent place to work at as a student. They are flexible with working around your class schedule. Everybody is nice and polite and very considerate.
Warm work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJanuary 20, 2016
Campus work that is very enjoyable and provides the warmth of a small town campus.
Supervisor was very understanding and helpful.
Recreation Center
Facility Manager of Student Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 23, 2015
Did this as a student, worked well with my class schedule, great job to do. when there are no students in the facility its very easy to get bored so the only thing to do is clean
Pros
easy to work, great coworkers
Cons
part time
Intense days--but that is okay!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg KSSeptember 1, 2015
Working in higher education is very busy. With 19 faculty, managing two student office assistants and students in and out of the office, it is very important to be flexible and and focused at the same time. What I like about it is that my day flies by! It is sometimes a little overwhelming. I love all of the people I work with.
Good
Manager to the Women's Basketball Team (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSAugust 2, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Pittsburg State University. It was a wonderful experience that will be one of my fondest memories forever. The friendships and educational experince was the best ever.
workplace with a lot of patience and tolerance
contracted as assistant (Former Employee) –  pittsburg,kansasJuly 20, 2015
a very clean place with a lot of work, my English improved a lot since he did not speak, my coworkers were very tolerant, friendly and very patiently teaching me the admisnitración was on time in my payment
Pros
free lunches
Great place to work.
Student Assistant to Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 1, 2015
Excellent place to work. Everybody working there was very friendly and personable. Its not hard to fit in and get along with everyone working there.
excellent workplace with team work and enjoyed in learning new technologies
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  kansasJune 22, 2015
1)working with robotic total station with typical job environment.
2) I learned how to control material wastage reduction, quality in work, teamwork, time management, dealing with clients and consultants.
3) managing the resources with time by allocating equally.
4) friendly and i learn so many things which helps to develop my career.
5) learning the bidding procedures.
6) every thing in the job is enjoyable, like teaching taking quantity takeoff,etc..