Pittsburg State University

Pittsburg State University Employer Reviews

An awesome teaching and working environment!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: nice faculty to work with.
Cons: budget constriants
Working with the Professors and Faculty was quite interesting as they treated me like friends rather than the "Boss & Subordinate" attitude I was already used to.
Great place to work and learn.
ACCOUNTING TUTOR (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSFebruary 3, 2014
While working as the accounting tutor each day was different in volume of students and difficulty of problems to be solved.
Due to the nature of the work of tutoring I was able to fine tune my understanding of several accounting principles through daily usage.
My direct manager was very willing to work with my class schedule so that my studies could – more... come first.
The faculty and professors with whom I worked would keep me informed of course curriculum changes so that I could better prepare for students.
The hardest part of the job was when the lab was at max capacity. It was rather difficult to feel like each student was getting the attention they needed when I was assisting 20 or more students.
By far the most enjoyable part of the experience was that I was helping students understand and apply key principles of my future career. – less
Producive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSDecember 30, 2013
As an Administrative Assistant, I carried out duties like that of an assistant manager. I assisted with bulk mailings, departmental mailings and personal mailings. I handled cash transactions, input data utilizing Microsoft Excel, provided customer service in person and by telephone, and helped with yearend clearing for the department.
Still Sodexo
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSDecember 18, 2013
Greet people, manage budget, schedule, order, inventory, cater and overall run the operation.
PSU
Instructor (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSNovember 14, 2013
As a ga at PSU I was not paid what I was told I would be paid. I did not make enough to even survive on. The set up as a ga we were simply robots. We were not able to teach with the students would find interesting.
Great University
Math Tutor, Department of Mathematics (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSOctober 2, 2013
Great teaching faculty
Great environment academically and research
productive educational workplace
Marketing and Communication Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSJuly 26, 2013
learned a lot of marketing aspects

great work/life balance
Excellent place to work
Instructor (Former Employee), Pittsburg, ksMay 30, 2013
I worked as a clinical instructor. There was a lot of support. I learned how to work with the students and get the most out of them.
Fun place to work, provides work study, develops skills
Overman Student Center Porter (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSMay 19, 2013
Pros: work on homework, fun, easy-going, inside mostly, individual work sometimes
Cons: can be demanding, pressured on time, scheduled events
This is a good place to work as it is fun, and you are surrounded by good co-workers. Management is minimal and allows you to create your own schedules and also around classes. One plus was that if duties are done and downtime can be used for homework. Sometimes it can be busy and be pressured on time but it helps develop these skills as well as communication – more... and information of the college itself. – less
Intoduction to Culture
International Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSMay 16, 2013
Pros: great opportunity to learn
Cons: language barriers
The international student coordinator was one of the most interesting and rewarding positions I have ever had the opportunity of filling. I was able to meet hundreds of international students from all over the world and introduce them to American culture. The amount of cultural sensitivity I have today is dedicated to the daily tasks with the ISA position. – more... Its knowledge that is to some degree priceless. – less
Wonderful place to work as a college student!
Intramural Sports Program Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSFebruary 15, 2013
The Intramural Sports Program is designed to provide currently enrolled PSU students, faculty and staff members an opportunity for experiential learning through participation in organized activities.
Pittsburg State University
CAMPUS VISITOR COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Pittsburg, KSJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at work as a Campus Visitor Coordinator at Pittsburg State University includes the following: answering phones, data entry, database searches, meeting and educating prospective students and parents about Pittsburg State University, stocking t-shirts and making admission folders.

I've learned the process of getting into PSU along with – more... scholarship opportunities, as well as how to conduct impromptu conversation with prospective parents and students.

My management is great! They run a tight ship, yet still come across as people who like to have fun.

My co-workers are great! We come together everyday as a team and tackle the work that needs to be done.

The hardest part of my job is changing a visitors negative perception on our University.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I get to sit down in visit with parents and students from all walks of life. – less
Great experience working as a GA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSOctober 6, 2012
Pros: every aspects
Cons: less work load than i expected
I have learned a lot in this position, no matter its the formal office setting, or the harmonious working atmosphere. I really enjoyed my time working there in the Accounting Department in PSU. The helpfulness and kindness of the advisers and secretary greatly impressed me and assisted me in successfully accomplish my job assignments.
Professional atmosphere
Graduate Student; Thesis Research (Entomolgy) (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSJuly 2, 2012
Pros: location and staff
Pittsburg State University is a great institution with a strong history in the biological sciences. I learned how to be a complete scientist and the expectations that come with position of a biologist.