Pittsburgh Glass Works Employee Reviews

Great pay. Abundance of work.
CNC Water Jet Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCNovember 1, 2016
From top to bottom, management has no sense of itself. There is a lack of communication and a lot of secrecy between management and employees. There is no room for advancement within company unless you have a 4 year degree. Seniority means nothing in regards to job postings. There's a lot of broken and empty promises from management to employees. The employee turn over rate is twice the average number for industry.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Point system, lack of hands on management.
EHS intern
EHS Intern (Current Employee) –  Cochranton, PAJanuary 30, 2017
great place to work. friendly atmosphere and management concerned about safety and employee well-being. all ideas are considered and input from all levels is respected and appreciated
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
not much room for advancement
Very good place to work and advance
General management (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2016
Management at my plant has done a good job providing new lines and investments. The culture has changed quickly for the better over the last 12 months. I really like the training and opportunities I have been given. Pay is also very good.
Pros
Paid training and good pay/benefits
Cons
The union leadership
Great manager to work for.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDSeptember 10, 2016
I liked working there and the boss was understanding of the ideas I told him. I mentioned to him about some of the customers to leave their yard lights on so I wouldn't get robbed or something.
Pros
The hours were ok for a while.
Cons
I couldn't afford health insurance at first but when I got a some what raise I could afford it.
Great Environment and solid leadership
Manager, Credit Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2016
Great work life balance, Management is solid , definite experts in their respective fields. Great location on the North Shore. Employees are satisfied.
just a job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLDecember 14, 2016
The only disappointing factors working here are no advancement opportunities, and low wages.

The perks are set schedules, and no weekends. Your assigned work space is large and you may personalize it if you wish.

The staff and supervisors are friendly. Paid vacations and holiday pay is a nice perk as well.
Busey
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come to work on time and work hard all day. I learned that practice makes perfect. Management is a position of authority and meant to be respected. Co-workers are those that I can help and also shadow them on things I do not know how to do, for my learning ability and the companies productivity. The hardest part of the job is having to pick up messes after co-workers, but I do it out of respect for the next shift and the look of the shop. The most enjoyable part of a job is making good money and being able to take care of my family comfortably.
the most enjoyable part of the job
SSRS Professional/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2016
SQL Server Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, Data Transformation
Services (DTS), SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Server Agent, SQL Jobs, SQL Alerts and SQL Mail, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS), DBCC, MDX, SQL Server Profiler
Never a dull moment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 3, 2017
PGW is a good place to work with good pay and benefits. The work is what is expected... a fast paced manufacturing company.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Work/life
No productive management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tipton, PADecember 21, 2016
I worked hard to get orders done to specifications of customer. Was not appreciated. Management had no idea what was going on most of the time.
love working here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJune 6, 2016
No chance for advancement plus truck driving has a lots of stress.
It became very hard to work here due to very low raises. even giving
100% at all times
Pros
warehouse work / truck driver
Cons
No chance for advancement, It became very hard to work here due to very low raises. even giving 100% at all times
Production
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Crestline, OHSeptember 18, 2016
Loved my job, management needed work. They say it is easy to advance but it isn't. Job is what you make it! You spend more time there then at home, the only reason I left was to be able to have family time!
Production work with little to no opportunity for advancement
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cochranton, PAMay 31, 2016
The job requires a 28 day rotating swing shift. It's hard on home life and you spend more time with your co-workers than you do with your family.
Pros
Easy job, good pay
Cons
Swing shift, hot work, supervision and management needs improvement all around
Ungodly!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Creighton, PAMarch 22, 2016
It was nothing but a means to the end. You have no life, but PGW! I moved from hourly to a salary position in a very short period. I thought the job was great the people were great but management?
Pros
Salary was okay.
Cons
No life!
inept management, poor pay, overworked labor force, poor benefits
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIMarch 2, 2016
safety is of no concern and you will be asked to perform unsafe tasks depending on the mood of the plant manager. human resources could care less about people and has been fired before from previous jobs for that reason, poor training, lousy working conditions. Take this job only if you need a paycheck, but don't count on keeping it as they have an outrageous turnover in labor. they hire drunks, addicts, convicts, and deadbeats.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention, but safety is no concern to this company
Very detailed place to work
Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Evart, MIJanuary 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for Pittsburgh Glass works. I enjoyed that there was an order to follow and the management was easy to work with. my coworkers were fun to be around. the benefits working for this company were very good.
Pros
Yearly dinners for the employees for doing a good job.
Cons
Hard to get a break in sometimes
Run! Don't walk, run!
Furnace operator (Former Employee) –  Creatine ohioSeptember 6, 2016
Outdated equipment. Toxic environment. Quality issues galore! 12 hr work days in hot environment. It's just not worth what they pay! Watch for health issues!
Barefoot in a Dog Park
Somewhere Close to Engineering (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 20, 2016
Ever step in a steaming pile of dog sh@t barefooted? Well here you will not only be the bare foot, but also the steaming pile of dog sh@t being stepped on!!!

And once you have had enough of the squishy feeling between your toes... HR will dab a little of it on your tongue for you.
Pros
There arent any unless you have a low brain capacity
Cons
Intelligence is like bigfoot or a unicorn here. You have heard it exists, but have never actually seen it before
The pay is adequate, but it's draining
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2014
I worked here for two years. As time progressed, I gradually wanted to be there less and less due to how management treated the employees as scapegoats for their outdated and faulty 30+ year old equipment. We initially worked 8 hour swing shifts, 7 days a week for months on end. Then, after a labor contract dispute, we switched to working an awkward 12 hour shift schedule. Several employees (myself included) were forced into higher positions and had fingers pointed at us for any and all mishaps. We were tricked into coming in (via ambiguously worded newsletters) during our Christmas vacation, during shutdowns, etc. Many employees abused their FMLA days when holidays were taken away. Many of us were reprimanded for breaking rules and policies that did not exist because that's what happens who are about to reach their maximum hourly pay.
Pros
Pay was solid, benefits, vacation
Cons
12 hour shifts, draining, frustrating, poor management
Worst company I've ever worked for
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 25, 2016
Be carful the company has just recently been sold. As PM for 15 years this was by far the worst company I've ever worked for. Gate review are tedious and a waste of time. Your VP will have 3 to 5 pre reviews focusing on what font size you use, meanwhile the company is so overcapacity they can't keep up with production. As the PM you spend most of your time explaining the customers that they're not going to get parts. The VP push us to make most of the gate review items green which can't be true since they are overcapacity. As PM you get and I mean no support from your VP he is by far the worst boss I've ever had. In the company car is great but not worth all the aggravation and stress you have in your life. Stay away from this job
Pros
Program manager
Cons
Companies overcapacity. NO SUPORT From your VP

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pittsburgh Glass Works. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8