Pittsburgh Job Corps Center

Pittsburgh Job Corps Center Employer Reviews

Academic instruction for challenged youth.
Office Administration Instructor/Trainer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2014
Working in conjunction with set forth federal standards, passionately provided learning objectives to a student body of academically and socially challenged young adults, ranging in age from sixteen to twenty-four years old.
Implementing an interactive learning environment, guided the students toward proficiently in the MS Office Suite, accounting procedures, Internet navigation, essential keyboarding skills, and proper call etiquette essential in a call center environment.
Completed daily assessments’ including one-on-one professional counseling; serving a population of sixty to seventy students.
Shop
General Laborer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 24, 2014
Was fun exciting day in shop every morning. I learned I learned how work well with others in the field of working on a job site & handling a project on my own. My co-workers was young mined but as they seen me get to work & get the job done right they followed up you can say i was a team leader. Hardest part about my job was getting everyone on the same page so we can get the job done on time or right. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the project that was giving to me done right to hear from my instructors good job malcolm thats how you get the job done right & to get my co-workers working & taking the job sites serious.
Productive and fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2014
this is a typically fun place to work, I learned how to prepare meals and serve others, the management was amazing, my co-workers were typical people, the managers expectations were very difficult to live up to, making all the delicious food and getting to eat it too.
fun work
Culinary Arts Program Trainee (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 18, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: pay wasn't satisfactory
The typical work day was simple and fun, I learned how to perfect my art style and technique. Management was okay and my co-worker were awesome and as willing to work as I was. Was me Quitting because of an injury I had gotten. Was creating things and pictures, murals and the concepts that went with it.
Good company to work for
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 18, 2013
Job Corps is a good company to work for offering career advancement, training, management and educational opportunities.
Highly organized and structured facility with high standards and accountability
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2013
Pros: free parking, accountabilty, setting goals
Cons: 10-12 hour work days, on call every weekend and evening
Compliance & Quality Assurance Officer, Student Accountability Officer, Student and Staff Incentives Coordinator, Internal Assessment Chairperson, Leader of the annual culinary arts completion in New York.
Electrical helper
Clean student (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: good training, hands on work.
Cons: was a lot of drama to stay out of.
It was a good experience, I learned a lot in the electrical field, mostly hands on, 2/3-way switches, ceiling fan, 240 outlet installations. Lots of conduit bending. I learned to do most basic residential wiring from a service entrance box. Electrical load calculations for residential. General lighting (residential Sq ft. times 3VA, Kitchen load (1500VA X2, laundry room load 1500VA, All the projects I trained on were live conductors. Our electrical helper Instructor was awesome, couldn't of asked for a better one.
A great place to learn a trade
Class Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2013
Wish that I could get benefits while working as a student there.
A great program that excels in providing education to those without.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: free room and board, free education, and trips to relieve stress.
Cons: poor management. lack of consistency between staff.
I am poor and was in need of furthering my education but after taking care of my family for years i was without savings for college this program gave me a better chance at a future and a future for my family.
The Life at Job Corps.
Trainee (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: getting certifications, learning new things.
Cons: old building. not updated equipment to work with.
I am at Job Corp to get my high school diploma, and a trade in nursing, Job Corp is a regular working place where we get up at 8am, and work with diffrent people and areas till 3:20pm. I am learning all about customer service and how to make a patient feel comfortable in their own surroundings. The people around me work together as a team to get the job done whenever anyone needs help. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with other people and their attitudes, however during the 4 months I have been here I have learned to be nice all the time and focus on myself and the tasks that need to get done. The most enjoyable part of this expirence is learning new things that would help me in the future.
It is a school
Recreational Aid/ Section Leader (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2013
Learning more everday about my trade

Learning how to trouble shoot, steps on heating and cooling, pipes and fittings, soldering and brazing , LEED Green Certified, duct work, cutting sheet metal,
pittsburgh seam, measuring,
cutting black iron pipe assembling and install PVC pipe
hvac
hvac tech (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2012
a day at work would be fun. you wont know what the day has in stored for you
midnight shift
Program Aide (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2012
Pros: changing lives for the positive
Cons: midnight shift
Schedule didnt allow as much input and activity with students as I would have preferred.
Educational through the business and leisure hours
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2012
Pros: educational, informative, useful and productive.
From morning through night there is always something to keep one's brain from "turning to mush." From the helpful, informative and friendly staff to the students projecting the same I found education in each direction. I would recommend anyone attend the educational training program.